God tier albums you never see discussed on Sup Forums

God tier albums you never see discussed on Sup Forums

Roxy Music are too good to be discussed here.

Faggot

Amazing albums

I'm always surprised at how little Roxy or even Eno get brought up here. I guess Glam in general just isn't something Sup Forums cares for a whole lot, with the exception of Bowie.

For Your Pleasure and Stranded are better.

T. Rex used to be brought up more a few years ago, same with the New York Dolls.

Pulp in general don't get much love on Sup Forums, but this album is hugely underappreciated in general. A genuine masterpiece that people overlook because it's a lot darker and less poppy than people are used to from Pulp.

Upvoted.

Retarded faggot

I feel Roxy Music are overrated so I don't bring them up too much but I always loved Re-Make/Re-Model off that album and recently went back and got into Sea Breezes as well (the fact that I missed it the first time makes me think I should maybe give the album another try, I do like Bryan Ferry's solo debut quite a bit)

Fields of the Nephilim's "Elizium" I always thought was god-tier as far as an album goes.

Andy Jackson really brought out the Pink Floyd in them.

It's got a nice "space" to it.

I'm not generally a fan of goth rock but this one always stuck with me.

Mate, I love Pulp but even when This Is Hardcore is still really good, it's just not as good as His N Hers or Different Class. Some of the songs go for too long, and the thing with The Day After the Revolution is just dumb.
This Is Hardcore is my favorite song of all time though.

Eno gets posted here all the time, just not Roxy.

Are they less explicitly a Sisters of Mercy clone on that album?

Eno's Roxy period doesn't get posted here which is what I think that guy was talking about, his ambient stuff gets posted, not his glammier rock efforts

Yeah.
More atmospheric and extended spacy guitar solos that actually don't suck. I had a buddy who has synesthesia (musically) and he always said that this album's ending would leave him calm and fulfilled (it does). He just got sentenced to 23 years in prison for domestic abuse (ha!).
Their early stuff, however, was just a straight up Sisters rip-off/clone. I still like that stuff but Elizium is where they really found their voice and started to get a bit psychedelic (almost). Psychonaut was a good release, too, but only a single.

I always liked the Bauhaus covers of their stuff.
Seemed to fit fairly nicely.

You sir just won the internet.

Akron Family in general

I feel like it presents itself as a really good album, but it doesn't really live up to that. This Is Hardcore is a great track though.

This shit right here

Roxy Music is amazing. Every time I discover a new amazing song by them.