What is the secret to this movie's greatness?

It's a mundane slice of life comedy in which nothing interesting happens and it mostly just focuses on the main character's banal interactions with the other characters. It has no coherent plot either and is just mostly a series of random scenes.

Yet it's one of the GOAT comedy movies, always has replay value, and I can't quite put my finger on why it's just so good.

It's funny because it's tru!

It follows the romantic comedy archetype and clearly has a traditional three act structure you fucking retard.

everyone likes a good tard story

Am I the only one who watched the cartoon?

most overrated piece of shit called comedy. so glad both of the main characters can't land a good job lmao

I watched one episode, it totally disregarded what made Napoleon Dynamite the movie that it was. It was more like The Wacky Adventures Of Napoleon And Friends.

MODS

Formilaic US Highschool shit.

I just watched this again and enjoyed it just as much as I did in middle school when it came out

never knew it existed and it's most likely bad so i don't plan to now that i know about it

>formulaic

Sup Forums is literally 100% star wars right now so this'll do

it's just idiosyncratic enough. people like that

Do they really talk about star wars on Sup Forums? What a bunch of idiots

The old ones were good

Every character feels like a real person that you don't see very often in fiction. Watching characters like that interact with each other feels really refreshing.

everyone knew that kid in high school, he was easily the most fascinating character because no one understood him. when he darted past anyone in the halls or the cafeteria everyone would stop what they were doing and watch him and discuss their theories about him once he was gone. napoleon dynamite is a glimpse inside the life of that one kid, though it barely gets inside his head. he remains a mystery.

>throws action figure out the bus window attached to a string
>some men just want to watch the world burn

kek

They never did go into more detail about that kid on the bus in the very first scene. What his relationship with Napoleon is.

gonna have a solo date night tonight and watch this movie with some pizza, weed and liquor

He is the representation of the audience, the ultimate observer, interested and nonjudgmental

>weed AND liquor
Why do people do this?
They're like two of the least complementary drugs ever.

In fact I'm not sure weed mixes well with anything.

If you need a friend. Don't look to a stranger. You know in the end, I'll always be there. But when you're in doubt. And when you're in danger. Take a look all around, and I'll be there.

I'M SORRY BUT I'M JUST THINKING OF THE RIGHT WORDS TO SAY

I KNOW THEY DON'T SOUND THE WAY I PLAN THEM TO BE

could it be the MUSIC????

BUT IF YOU WAIT AROUND A WHILE

ur mum went to collag :^)

I'LL MAKE YOU FALL FOR ME
I PROMISE, I PROMISE YOU I WILLLLLLL

>he's never gotten the perfect crossfade

Its like an orgasm that lasts 20 minutes

I have combined weed and hard liquor every night for about 7 years now. It's magnificent, but there is a science to it.