Various portrayals of mental illnesses

A funky apocalypse.

Something by The Swans?

Dream theater.

>tfw your friend goes insane

growing up is weird and nostalgia is sorta depressing

>Godfearing hippies emigrate to a new world

Youth subcultures are garbage.

Based on a true story, two outcasts fall in love and murder people. Mostly focusing on the relationship/love part though.

Both of these make me think Car Seat Headrest

Well done. Second disc to be exact.

Wywh?

Cycling.

A half dead robot raised in a chicken coop attacks Japan and opens a theme park.

I like sex and drugs but I don't feel so good :c

any lil peep project

>visited a far away place when i was young
>describing it the best i can

drive around at night, pick up young girl, fuck young girl, young girl dead

Upon the parlor of the magenta duke

Tragic fairytale of two lovers kept apart but reunited in death.

When your sister goes insane and an heros, and your mum dies of cancer.

>actually maybe college isn't very good

bucketheadland

Literally I don't give a fuck. Music shouldn't be propelled by story or creativity beyond the notes. My face when you get excited by the thought of an artist implementing lore from previous albums to tell a story. Stories are fucking gay. Give me three minute songs that begin and end with major chords. Nothing complicated, nothing extravagant. Ziggy Stardust isn't about anything and I don't know or care why people insist it's a concept album. Concept? Who needs concepts beyond the end of a song? My favourite food is plain rice and my favourite drink is water and my favourite fruit is the apple. Go to sleep at 9pm sharp every night and wake up at 8am sharp every morning. Breakfast, work out, shower, go to work, come home, make dinner, go to sleep.

At first I blamed my parents for life being shit but it turns out its actually shit in general for most of us

This is tasty pasta

correct!

GUYS THE OCEAN LMAO

FOOD, WE NEED FOOD

Suburbs by arcade fire?

Quadrophenia?

a time traveling robot falls in love with a human

whoops

The Mollusk

Funeral?

YOSHIMI
SHE DON'T BELEE MEH

I give up, what album is this?

Evanescense

the end of the world but it's greek

--A sad boy. It wants a marble rose held in a lithe, salmon anime forearm, extending from the screen. It takes it, and upon realizing that it has also turned to stone, or it was always stone, because it is fake, blows frozen smoke from both nostrils. While interacting, Talk and conversation sequenced by chats transcribed automatically, like subtitles, like autotune, obfuscated, and embarrassing, delayed and echoed so they linger, making it sadder. Is typing...: a shield is just a shell with #swagger. Like.

A rapper tracksuit, at the mall, where electronics that ruined its life were bought by the people that love it most, and maybe only. Its power: a magic spell that turns crystal to glass to fiberglas, to clear plastic, to glue, over a lifetime.
--

He's gay but also likes dogs and is very unsure how he feels about drugs

MM.. Food

not sure, but i think it's something by crywank

A junkie and whore who's lives are ruined by drugs.

fictional band plays a song cycle that explores the pitfalls and supposed worth of interpersonal relationships only to end with the lead singer of said fictional band almost getting shot in the head after flirting with someone's wife in the audience

it's about a sad guy

Buyer's Market

It makes me proud to be British

any car seat headrest album

ez mode
>drive in the desert
>has radio intermissions throughout
>you die at the end btw

It's DAMN.
You die at the end of DAMN.

Nope, Also not English

nope

Songs for the deaf

correct

a bunch of talking circus animals run around and discuss philosophy

my gf left me and i do drugs

rodeo?
most soundcloud rappers albums but it would be an offense calling them concious

spiderland?

sumthin from bowie?

idk about the ending but songs for the deaf?

The Village Green Preservation Society?

first clone struggles in modern life

a guy gets high off his ass, fucks tons of bitches, then an heroes

Histoire de melody Nelson?

an alien obsessed with coffee and himself, as a means of explaining sobriety and fame

Home sucks,oh shit the outside world is even more horrible

Yes

No.

It makes me proud. To be. British.

Doesn't read like you enjoy music much.

>feels like entering another reality in a magic library

thus, a pasta is born

>taken to the future
>I don't feel comfortable here
>tfw no gf

Ziltoid

>Goes to space
>Accidentally gets friend pregnant
>Has to settle with her because of guilt
>She was cheating on him the whole time

babyfather

you live on a giant futuristic space station, go on wacky adventures, win a rap battle and become part of an uprising

Indeed!

Songs from the Black Hole

Deltron 3030

Lift To Experience

nope

many feels and a bad boat trip

>in love with a dead girl you never met

ITAOTS

You're a tranny with major identity issues and unnatural sensitivity. You're nocturnal and love walking around at night and find the natural beauty of the city is overwhelming and everyone thinks you're far too deep to treat normally. It's Christmas and you're religious and it's the 80s. You keep having emotional breakdowns, but then after a period of silence an angel visits you from the heavens and tells you to be yourself, and then you finally accept yourself and get a sexchange

computer space wizards won't let me be hardcore

It’s a long, long story, so I’ll just do one characters story

>Born to an addict mother and hateful father
>Father is a WWII vet, and his wife cheated on him with another man while serving over seas
>Father despises the younger brother for being a bastard
>Growing up, the older and younger brother would leave home while the parents were fighting
>Older brother makes the younger dodge trains at the old tracks as a test of bravery
>Younger chickens out, older brother (who sides with the father) hates the younger and considers him a coward
>Years later the younger brother wakes up to the routine sound of his mother being beaten
>Younger steps in to defend his mother, finally fights his father
>Knocks the father down, and beats him to death with an old bottle of Jack Daniels
>Younger flees the house and heads for the tracks, the older brother swears vengeance against the younger
>As the younger travels the rails for years, begging for change and slumming, he meets an old African American WWII vet
>The vet plants the seeds of redemption in the younger heart
>Younger ends up out west as a farm hand, has no name and no face
>Can’t get the words of the black vet out of his head
>He returns home in order to face his brother and right his wrong
>When the Younger gets home, he finds out that after he left, his mother OD’d
>Older brother walks the younger down to the same train tracks with a gun to his head
>Makes the younger kneel on the line while the train comes for him
>Younger panics, his “cowardice” forcing the gun from the older’s hand
>Forces the older to wait on the tracks while the train runs him over
>The Younger, wracked with guilt over the death of his mother and the murder of his brother and father, goes to a church to seek forgiveness
>The old priest (who is ACTUALLY the youngers father but he doesn’t know it) forgives the boy
>This isn’t enough for the younger, so he goes to the church’s steeple top and jumps to his death

What a ride

We hate the idea of concept albums, so here's the concept album to end all concept albums.

Dude is this real

zen arcade

Tommy?

zen arcade also

Tommy is about a blind kid who gets fiddled

The Dear Hunter?

100%

Defeater - Travels

They’re a melodic hardcore band and some of the best storytellers in the genre. Every character gets their own album, their own plot line and back story. Many of the songs intersect as well. For example, in travels, when the younger returns home to face his brother, that story is told on the song “Debts.” In the older brothers album, that same event is told through his perspective in the song “White Oak Doors”

It’s helpful to read the lyrics as you listen, because many elements and scenes get repeated (The White Oak Door Church gets referenced dozens of times and is a part of the setting)

>The Younger
Travels
>The Older
Empty Days and Sleepless Nights
>The Father
Letters Home
>The Black vet
Lost Ground
>The Priest
Abandoned
>The mother
NYA

Defeater - Travels

Check out the song Forgiver Forgetter for a taste. It’s the scene where the younger finally intervenes between the father and mother, and ends up killing the father

Came here to post this you glorious motherfucker.

Lost ground was really good too, perhaps superior to this musically but my God the story told here is incredible

I’m incredibly impressed with all of their works. Each is a different sound and different, interwoven narrative.

I think musically, I enjoy Lost Ground and Travels the most, just because at the end of Lost Ground, you can hear the song the vet sings to the younger brother in Travels begin

He’s the only character that has a “happy ending” I think

zen arcade

A ghost haunts a hotel and finds love

Got it

a man kills his pillow then dies

All the kids are dead except one, then it dies.

>boy is not
>boy banished
>everything is not
>boy returns
>boy is

Tommy

While on this road trip I'm noticing how much America sucks

Ziggy Stardust?