I recently got into an argument with a friend regarding false rape accusations...

I recently got into an argument with a friend regarding false rape accusations. She said only 2% of women falsely accuse rape. This doesn't sound accurate at all. What are the real statistics?

How can you even set a factual number like that? I think she's full of shit.

>'FBI reports from 1996 consistently put the number of "unfounded" rape accusations around 8%. In contrast, the average rate of unfounded reports for "Index crimes" tracked by the FBI is 2%.'
-Wikipedia

According to some police study done in the 90's that I don't feel like digging up, around 40% of women who reported a forcible rape admitted they were lying about it.

of course she is full of shit, i just want some facts to rub in her face

You should note that this is one of the hardest things to quantify, so don't expect to get a solid number to stand behind. You'll see hundreds of different reports that give you wildly different numbers.

If you want facts, this number is not the place to find them.

How about calling her out on literally making up a number? Also, 2% is still a lot. Could you imagine how fucked our judicial system would be if all of a sudden we found out that 1 in 50 murders didn't actually happen?

That's why feminists have the advantage in this argument. They are shameless enough to make up numbers, most of which don't pass Hume's Razor.

>40% of the rapes by rapefugees are fake

stay classy Sup Forums

>In America
>In the 90s

There were no rapefugees, Sweden's little brother.

Neither women nor men base their worldview on statistics.
Women tend towards social norms while men hold dear empiricism.

Arguing with a woman that drops down the holy hammer of "statistics" is as simple as accusing her of being outside the norm, a renegade and extremely thinly veiled insults about her being a loser.
Get her to repeat herself, then call her a racist and an anti-feminist, using every imagined slight to reinforce your accusation.

Simple as pie.

Over here in 2015 it reached 80% in the family court (dunno if court is the correct word), mostly from ex-wives forcing her children to accuse the father of rape, so he is removed from their lives, and around 50% in the children/teenager court.

Except wiki is wrong as it can only use information from linked articles.
There are studies that put false accusations between 20-40%

Additionally thats 8% provably false. Are you really that stupid to believe there arent more that happen to be more ambiguous.

She probably got that number from how many legally file for a rape case and they couldn't find any evidence. Women can just accuse and the damage will be dealt, which is probably ehy you are finding crazy statistics that vary from 20-40%.

>in the 90's
and yet you bring it up as if it was relevant to this thread

>thread is about percentages taken from ass
>user claims that "There are studies that put false accusations between 20-40%"
>Doesnt link those studies

LEL in my college there are rape accusations getting shot left and right I'm a witness on 2 cases just this year, from beta fags that I know would not hurt a gay man.

It's between 2-10%. I think this is including "rapes" too, so that means for a case to be dismissed it must be really not rape/"rape".

Thank god I finished college before all this SJW craze.

There's a test online which says that it's at least a quarter, that there is very little data because most police departments do not keep track and do not punish false accusation, and which describes one department that tried to start becsuse the chief got mad.
Without that, look at women. Do they have any compunction about lying?

Rebuttal with this.

A lot of time false rape accusations aren't reported. Only 2% of false rape accusations get reported. Which means 98% of false rapes aren't even reported. This is problematic.

There aren't going to be accurate statistics on this, as false rape accusations are often not to the authorities.