Jar Jar actor confirms that the Darth Jar Jar theory is true

youtube.com/watch?v=ZgJF5hT3Lrg

>"There's a lot about it that's true. There are some things about it that are not true. Could Jar Jar have evolved into that? I think the answer's yes. Because of the backlash and rightfully so, Lucasfilm backed off of Jar Jar a lot. But a lot of the influence that I put into the character mirrored a lot of what was already in the Star Wars universe. So, was there an official Darth Jar Jar in the works? That's really a George Lucas question

He goes on to mention that he filmed an Attack of the Clones scene with Jar Jar and Palpatine but Lucas cut the scene out due to everyone hating Jar Jar.

>"I really liked that scene and it got cut from the movie because you know Jar Jar was so unpopular. It was just me and Palpatine walking down the runway, talking about the plans to turn the Empire into what it had turned out into being. So it was a very dark, very personal, very quiet scene. But for some reason Palpatine decided to confide into Jar Jar in that scene that pretty much he was going to wreck havoc. So wherever that scene is, somewhere, that would really give great credibility to the Darth Jar Jar thing."

Also, George Lucas originally planned Revenge of the Sith to be a 2 parter so it is very likely that he did intend Jar Jar to be a Sith but since everyone hated him so much, he backed off the character completely.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XxspJ2pl3aI
boxofficemojo.com/yearly/chart/?yr=2002
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Nobody actor fucks with the internet while trying to claw back some dignity for himself. Nothing to see here.

>Be George
>Fall on hard times after Return of the Jedi was released
>Finally decide to make the Star Wars prequels after over a decade of silence
>Start planning out every little detail of it in your head
>One idea is to have a loveable and goofy character turn out to be the big bad guy of the prequel trilogy
>The idea is that this character will be revealed halfway through the prequel saga, so that it "rhymes" with the "I am your father" reveal
>You're so certain that this idea will be good that you only tell maybe 5-6 people tops, who all swear to secrecy
>Meanwhile literally the entire world is hyped up for this film, to the point where it's almost like a religious experience for some people
>The big day arrives
>At first everyone loves it, save for a few snobby film critics
>Ah well, you can't please everyone. Time to write the next one
>As time goes on however people begin to agree with those cinema snobs
>Eventually everyone agrees that TPM is shit and you're a hack
>Most of the hate is centered on one character: Jar Jar Binks
>You know that Jar Jar was made extremely goofy on purpose so that the reveal will be even more shocking. Hell, you even put some clues into the film for the more perceptive viewers to catch
>But no one seems to be catching those clues
>No one is even entertaining the possibility that Jar Jar might be something more than just a goofball
>As a matter of fact, no one likes Jar Jar period
>Finally, the hatred gets so intolerable that you finally decide to cut Jar Jar's reveal out entirely, despite all the foreshadowing and build-up you had planned
>Maybe now people will start to like the prequel trilog-
>Oh wait, Episode 2 is even worse because you've lost any and all artistic vision you had for the series
>You know what, fuck it. I don't even care anymore. Let's just add more slapstick and CGI effects, since they're just going to hate me anyway
>At least you'll never do anything like sell out to a big corporation like Disney

>As time goes on however people begin to agree with those cinema snobs
Was that around the same time RT launched? If so it explains the cancer.

this thread is already shit

fuck off

I still do not understand the hatred that Phantom Menace gets. It is by far one of my favorite movies. Yes it got me into Star Wars but still it is a great "space opera".

Disney's Star Wars films are just "action flicks".

>the phantom menance got me into star wars

>he doesn't know that they released a Jar Jar toy with force lightning
youtube.com/watch?v=XxspJ2pl3aI

>>"I really liked that scene and it got cut from the movie because you know Jar Jar was so unpopular. It was just me and Palpatine walking down the runway, talking about the plans to turn the Empire into what it had turned out into being. So it was a very dark, very personal, very quiet scene. But for some reason Palpatine decided to confide into Jar Jar in that scene that pretty much he was going to wreck havoc. So wherever that scene is, somewhere, that would really give great credibility to the Darth Jar Jar thing."

thats awesome

I am sorry Episode 4 wasn't my first movie. Boo hoo

I literally couldn't watch it without falling asleep as a kid, but it got me into Star Wars too...

The funny thing is:

Jar Jar could still very well be Sheev's master, or even the primordial chaos that's going solo and no one knows, not even Sheeve; Jar Jar could be manipulating everyone.

>The idea is that this character will be revealed halfway through the prequel saga, so that it "rhymes" with the "I am your father" reveal

No, normie. It's supposed to rhyme with Yoda's reveal from silly goofball to wise Jedi Master.

Unless Jarjar was Anakins father...

>Jar Jar is Snoke using a hologram disguise
>The Phantom Menace is actually Jar Jar

>tfw we will never see a completely transformed Jar Jar suprising Palpatine with his presence and informing him that all is going according to plan, that the young jedi has become infatuated with the queen and that he has manipulated the entire senate into giving Palpatine emergency powers.
>instead we get a rehash of Return of the Jedi with Mary Sue and Magilla Gorilla

so you're saying the gungans are all sith?

I can't find it, but way before the darth jar jar stuff.... it was Jar Jar was supposed to be a jedi. Not evil, but force sensitive. The Dooku/Yoda fight was supposed to be dooku/jar-jar.

Jar jar talks about how he is clumsy, its because he was really very force sensitive and could not control it well. 10 years pass, we were to learn jar jar was becoming a jedi.

jar jar was going to be anakins best friend, two jedi trained along side each other.

He was supposed to die in the 3rd one and be part of anakins fall to vader. George wanted people to love jar jar and be upset when he died, and feel for vader. Instead, he killed padme, which he had no intention to kill her, she was to flee with leia and live.

Ive posted this a few times an largely get ignored cause no sources, but it makes the most sense. Everyone loves the meme nature of darth jar jar more than jedi jar jar.

so every year near the release of a Star Wars movie is some fucktard going to keep posting this shit?

>Instead, he killed padme, which he had no intention to kill her, she was to flee with leia and live.
This. And don't give me the "leia has false memories of her mother hurrdurr" shit. No, he just fucked up.

Wait when did Leia ever mention her mother? I need to rewatch the OT

>>One idea is to have a loveable and goofy character turn out to be the big bad guy of the prequel trilogy
>not the loveable and relateable character that is ANAKIN SKYWALKER, the original trilogy main character's FATHER and NEMESIS at the same time
This is too stupid even for George Lucas desu.

>jar jar was going to be anakins best friend, two jedi trained along side each other
>He was supposed to die in the 3rd one and be part of anakins fall to vader
>wanted people to love jar jar and be upset when he died, and feel for vader

I like this more than Darth Jar Jar.

In RotJ she and Luke talk about what she remembers of her mother. Given, she just talks about "images, mostly".

Me too, jedi Jar Jar makes more sense than sith jar jar.

Either way, both theories work with the deleted attack of the clones scene that Ahmed mentioned about Palpatine discussing the future of the Empire with Jar Jar.

Anyone know if this deleted scene can be found anywhere?

Holy shit shut the fuck up already, you're more annoying than the symbolism faggots in BvS threads.

Jar Jar doesn't make any sense at all. It's redundant detour of the actual story. SW canon already had "dramatic reveal", "good guys going bad" and "friends to be betrayed".
All this was done so Lucas could try one-upping people involved with the OT, to prove he was THE MAN. He failed.

You do know that we could possibly have Disney make a Jedi/Darth Jar Jar film with Obi Wan as the lead.

>Set few years after Episode 3, before Obi goes to become a hermit, he has to return to stop a shadowy Sith figure who is believed to have been in the Senate. It is revealed that this is Jar Jar.
I would respect Disney so much if they made this.

>You do know that

I DON'T FUCKING CARE, NO ONE FUCKING CARES BUT YOU, SHUT THE FUCK UP

Okay, enjoy your quippy Rogue One.

>yfw no one is patrician enough to realize you are making ground breaking kino

Daily reminder that Finn is the Jar-Jar Binks character in The Force Awakens

>You do know that we could possibly have Disney make a Jedi/Darth Jar Jar film with Obi Wan as the lead.
Yeah and it'll be a 20 quips a second memefest of shit, so who cares?

>libfags hated it
>nostalgiacucks hated it
>critics hated it
>you knew it was pottery all along

>Implying #NotAllGungans
Face it, they were sick and tired of being treated as second class citizens on their own planet that humans simply colonized.
They were out for vengeance.

But I consider the prequels brilliant in terms of story. Darth Jar Jar would have been double icing.

>mfw we can never look forward to new Star Wars movies because it is made by Disney

this is fucking terrible

The actor actually seems really level headed and cool. Feel kind of bad for him

>Jar Jar actor? Milk-brain detected***

I know that it is an unpopular opinion, but I am strongly convinced that Phantom Menace is not as bad as people say. Certainly he has some bad moments, but also some really excellent visionary moments that I remember even now, while episode 2 and 3 are jumped down in mediocrity.

My main problem with Episode 1 is that it does not introduce things, it just slams them on you.

>Obi-wan and is his master go on a mission.
Woa woa, calm down. Lucas, can you introduce Obi-wan in a less lazy way? He's just one of the most important characters in the saga. Same for Yoda, not even a minimum of introduction.

But it's a film that i can watch even today.
Not possible with Episode 2 or 3.

yes, the force worms are bullshit, but they never bothered me that much.

christ i hate this stupid reddit theory it's a terrible idea and makes no sense

Why are you doing this? This theory was popular on reddit last year. It's over. Maybe it's shitty marketing.

dude reddit lmao

Could mean pictures

bullshit.

just a hack of a fucking director and a liar trying to save face

>At first everyone loves it, save for a few snobby film critics

No you retarded piece of shit. You are probably 16 and has no idea how people reacted when PM came out.

Everything was shitting on it days after premiere. You had disappointed people crying on TV.

This.

It was merely a month later that we got South Park's Jackovasaurs, for crying out loud.

>actor

>lmao everyone hated the prequels when they came out!!!
>that's why they were all successful movies that people kept watching!

90s kids trying to rewrite history

I don't know why people get so butthurt about midichlorians. They mention in the movie that they're how a persons body communicates with the force, not the actual force itself.

BvS also made money you retarded ape. So did Suicide Squad.

It was fucking Star Wars. There are even documentaries about how world reacted to Phantom Menace.

>I hated the previous one I am going to watch the sequel!!!

Whatever you say kid, keep trying

Wow you're actually believing all that bullshit?

How new are you? Sup Forums was excited when Disney bought Star Wars. I'm not even shitposting here. Everyone thought this would be a good thing.

>jar jar walks into the jedi council meeting
>says: "me so gonna fuk you up, jedi! feel the powa of da daak side!"

>PM - 430 million box office

>AotC - 300 million box office

50% drop. Despite inflation.

>being too much of a faggot to post the timecode

boxofficemojo.com/yearly/chart/?yr=2002

Backlash was so big Episode II was just #3 movie of it's year.

I actually loved the prequels more than the original trilogy

Well that's okay but it means you are a giant fucking retard.

>millenials

You need to see a doctor. Brain tumors are no joke.

George may have had that planned to have Jar Jar be either a jedi master or sith lord, but in the end George took a big ole dump of diarrhea onto his own lore.

He got rid of Jedi lineage, he got rid of the supernatural aspects of the force, he made Anakin "the one", and he made him space jesus. It was a whole combination of bad ideas, not just Jar Jar's shit personality. That's just the one that stands out the most.

Lucas had too many yes men telling him what a great and brilliant person he was. When all the original cast and crew kept having to tone his retarded shit back to get three decent movies out.

>three decent movies out.
>decent