Btfo but not really

btfo but not really

lol hall of fame

maybe because they shit all over the ceremony

> All five members spoke about the Rock Hall and the possibility of induction, but Thom Yorke elected to say as little as possible: “It wouldn’t be the first place... don’t ask me things like that. I always put my foot in my mouth.”

>Jonny Greenwood had a little bit more to say: “I don’t care. Maybe it’s a cultural thing that I really don’t understand. I mean, from the outside it looks like... it’s quite a self-regarding profession anyway. And anything that heightens that just makes me feel even more uncomfortable.” Philip Selway and Ed O’Brien were also indifferent to induction. “We’d have to sit down and talk about it, but it’s probably not at the top of my list of things to do,” said Selway. O’Brien added, “I don't want to be rude about the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame because for a lot of people it means something, but culturally I don’t understand it.” He continued, “We haven’t even been asked. I don’t want to be rude. But if you ask me what I’d rather be doing that night, I’d rather be sitting at home in front of the fire or going to a gig.”

do people actually like the eurythmics?

>giving a shit about the rock n roll hall of fame
it's literally just a circlejerk

Even Ice Cube is in the hall of fame. who the fuck organizes this?

you forgot based collin
>'I’d be grateful if we got in. Look at the other people that have been inducted. I don’t know if everyone else will go though. It might be me just doing bass versions of everything like, ‘Come on, you know this one!’ I’d have to play the bass part to ‘Creep’ five times.’

What even is the point of the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame? Does being inducted somehow make your career legitimate?

no one likes your faggot ass.

Anytime I see anything regarding Colin, he seems like such a wholesome guy, with a little kid in his heart. Probably the most chill and friendly guy in the band

SWEET DREAMS ARE MADE OF THIS

who actually got in

>They were snubbed in favor of Nina Simone, Bon Jovi, the Cars, Dire Straits, the Moody Blues, and Sister Rosetta Tharpe

Nina Simone and The Moody Blues aren't bad choices honestly. I love all 3 of those acts so I'm glad at least 2 of the choices I backed got in.

>implying it's not better to make the cut but then then tell the Hall of Fame to fuck the right off

I think it's weirder Judah's Priest didn't get in.

>Nina Simone ... Sister Rosetta Tharpe
It's like the Mormons baptising the dead who can't complain.

>I'd rather be sitting at home in front of the fire
ABSOLUTE MADMAN

Go back to youtube comments.

This hand writing is atrocious and I can hardly understand what their point is here.
Anyone have a 'punk translator'?

I think he could get away with The National Anthem, Packt Like Sardines and Bones at least.

They're trying so hard to seem ego-less but come off as pretentious fucks.

fuck off

He's got a few iconic basslines in the later albums too, Nude, Bloom, Punchup (to an extent, I know not a lot of people like the song, but the bassline is one of the most memorable parts of HTTT)

They were always like that to a fault tho. Honestly seems less like they are trying to be humble, and more like they are trying to stay away from cliquiness and the circlejerk of these events. Honestly can't even fault them for that after the Waters debacle earlier this year.

His basslines in general are just genius, using space really effectively and supporting the rest of the instruments perfectly (especially on In Rainbows)

>Rock & Roll Hall of Everything Non-Rock & Roll Except for Prog and Metal
Who the fuck cares? It's a joke anyway.

Don't forget Where I end and you Begin as well, that bassline is the shit

>Anyone have a 'punk translator'?
"I'm very angry, but I don't know what about exactly. Fuck you, take me seriously"

Sup Forums is one of the most left-leaning boards on this site, what the fuck you talking about.

Which is more left-wing? It is the lefty standard in Sup Forums terms, the butt of every joke on the other boards. Even /soc/ pokes fun at Sup Forums before pounding it to some tranny.

What the fuck are YOU talking about? What does this have to do with politics?

butthurt punkfag detected. go wank some power chords while screaming some incoherent shit about how angry everything makes you, I'm sure it's more cathartic than shitposting in defense of the most creatively vapid genre in music history.

found the nigger

But fucking BON JOVI made it in instead

>doesn't consider cursive to be the default standard
>calls others nigger
I swear american mongrels should all be gassed to death.

fuck off

>making an article about people not being in a thing

I would definitely watch a colin solo show

theyre more rock and roll than yorke and the boys desu

bon jovi is so terrible too lmao

>Rock & Roll Hall of Fame
who cares
bet you watch the emmys

>no Kate Bush
>no Radiohead
>no Link Wray
>fucking Bon Jovi
I mean I’m not surprised at their stupidity but it’s still stupid

It is a diploma mill as our inarticulate friend pointed out. You pay to be put in, unless they wish to waive the fee so they don't look totally stupid. Bon Jovi probably thought the fee was worth the career boost, Kate Bush didn't.

Here you go faggot:
Next to the SEX-PISTOLS rock and roll and that hall of fame is a piss stain. Your museum. Urine in wine. Were not coming. Were not your monkey and So what? Fame at $25,000 if we paid for a ra(?)e, or $15000 to squeak up in the gallery, selling us a load of old famous. Congradulations. If you voted for us, hope you noted your reasons. Your anonymous as judges, but your still music industry people. Were not coming. Your not paying attention. Outside the shit-stem is a real SEX PISTOL

>Bon Jovi
>bad

>Bon Jovi
>good

Sounds about right. Thanks!

No I could read it but the message was vague as fuck. It just seems like another petty ESTABLISHMENT BAD!1!! whine that punk bands do.

I hope that Dire Straits reunites because of this. Love Over Gold is a perfect album. They shouldn't even record new material. Just tour for a year or two, then break up again.