Black Mirror S3

I know this show is getting shilled a little bit on here but I just finished the San Junipero episode and thats gotta be the best episode holy shit.

Certainly looked the best. The other eps look downright cheap in comparison. I was a little disappointed in the ending though.

It was actually my favorite part. To think of extracting a persons life force and inserting it into a mass warehouse of different versions of heaven. It's almost a notion that we could create our own paradise in the future.

But OP is a fag for not rating the Cristmas special numero uno.

lol that one is fuckin' brilliant too, Jon Hamm is great in it. I also love The Entire History of You.

Yes. If you don't count that fucking no-one would care to build, sponsor and manage a serverpark and vr world for freeloathing dead'people'.
Even the matrix had done it only they were good for battery

that's true obviously. but i just thought this episode was amazing.

Lol
>disco shit and getting cucked every night
>heaven/paradise
That guy with at the videogame probably thinks of it otherwise

I just meant the happiness of it. I expected For the redhead to live in an eternal hell without her blackfu
I wanted the darker Twilight Zone ending as opposed to what we got

holy shit i never i thought about that. rip

Did you miss the part where it was not real and they were just exploiting the sick and dying to power little simulations and avoid real treatment?

The hospitals were paying for it because it was cheaper than end of life treatment or curing rare diseases.

whered you pull that from? just a theory?

this episode made relationships look like so much damn fun
too bad i literally look like the pigeon lady from home alone 2 but im a 23 year old guy so i'll never be in one

I thought the ending was really poor. After the long tirade the black lady made of having been with her husband for 60 years and having had both her daughter and him pass on because he couldn't bare eternity without her...

Suddenly having her go "well I can, fuck you both! lmao gonna git me sum of dat wite meat!" sort of spoiled the character building they did for her.

Your waifu i'll fall in love with you soon.

Especially when they pointed out that San Junipero isn't any kind of paradise and in the face of eternity, after awhile people all clamor to the sex dungeon just trying to remember what being alive felt like.

But was black lady even real at the end or was she simply an addition to the simulation? I got an ambiguous feel from the ending.

The doctors were pretty much speaking for the dying person and her personality changed completely when she died to a total salesperson and the cold sterile ending pretty much was being visually compared to burial.

lesbian relationships look so damn beautiful i see why yuri is a whole thing but i like it better as 3dpd than anime

im not so sure, that seems kinda far fetched desu. I honestly think Yorkie just really wanted her to stay.

Fuck me, did you ever just make the ending of that a thousand times better for me.

Also, how in the world would it be more expensive to take dying people's stuff, then run a rough simulation in a server warehouse, than to actually treat and care for them 24/7 and follow every lead and dead end to a cure for some rare disease or pour all their daily resources into a way to extend their near vegetative state for one more day?

Also the way they kept putting that one emaciated guy in every time period like some kind of ghost.

Isn't that the part that's a little dark? She left her child and husband 'behind' to go back into the lie.

She won't settle, but She had no problem with fucking random people in sj on saturdays though. this is telling the true nature if women. Even at 80 she's still a slut, but still thinks on herself as a princess with her long dead chad .

what i think is dumb with her logic is that they specifically state in that episode that whenever they get too bored of junipero they can have themselves deleted and be gone for real so it's basically no different than just her being old and waiting to die
if being with her family was more important than being alive she would've just offed herself the moment her last family member croaked

in the original script, humans are used for their brains, for processing power, the things human brain has but robots don't etc. but the producer cut that storyline before the release because it would confuse the audience.

My dude, they didn't upload anyone's consciousness into a computer system. That isn't physically possible because there isn't any 'thing' to upload. All that's in that warehouse is what amounts to a bunch of sophisticated Second Life NPCs playing out their scripts.

guess i should binge watch black mirror next

No the entire ending had dark and ominous overtones because they made it pretty obvious the product was not exactly the same as what was being sold.

So much this. The ending was terribly written.

I think this episode is the strongest for so many people because it's pretty much the only one that withholds judgment from the writers and remains neutral, allowing the viewer to judge the technology and scenario for themselves. It's definitely sympathetic to the main characters, but the episode never says 'this is wrong' like some of the others have strongly suggested.

Its because they had control of her friend's simulation who was used for manipulating her emotions with a hard sell.

>holy shit.
>holy shit

LE HOLY FUGGING SHIT DUUUDE LIKE LITERALLY WTF BRO XD

Despite the occasional not-so-good episode, Black Mirror manages to consistently produce the best sci-fi on TV right now. Cool ideas, poignant social commentary, great direction. The show points its finger at its audience and the ones who subconsciously feel interpellated are the ones who hate it.

>Goy Mirror
How about no?

It is the darker ending actually, whos to say the black chicks husband and dead kid isnt in a natural after life patiently waiting for her, she didnt stick to her convictions

They are simulations, guys. After they're dead they aren't 'in the game'--they're likenesses and personality profiles have been reproduced as a simulated AI. That's it. The company is selling a lie, a false hope of immortality targeted at the old and terminally ill. They're scalpers.

They work copies, not the real deal.

Is being tricked into suicide still suicide if you were led to believe death is something different than it has always been defined to be?

Would anything else exclude her from heaven given the simulation can't simulate the soul?

why tho? whos paying for it?

BM is not a show that you binge-watch. Some episodes will leave you exhausted, you will feel the need to reflect on them a little while before continuing on.

The folks it's being sold to, the old and dying. They're basically buying a very expensive headstone.

>reflect on them a little
wew

why bingwatch? There isn't any connection between the episodes. (Except some theme)

Is it okay to Binge Watch White Bear or would that be too many emotions to handle in one sitting?

White Bear, Men Against Fire, Be Right Back, Hated in the Nation... those you can bingewatch.

Post episode scores:
S01: 6, 6, 3
S02: 3, 3, 3, 3
S03: 6, 3, 5, 3, 3, 4

I thought Hated in the Nation" was better than "San Junipero"

It got bonus points for the two female leads being; straight, white, non-race-mixers

Also, insurance companies and hospitals themselves with stock options in the vr company. Treating people right is hella extensive.

Actually in my headcanon the ending is real souls in simulation

Get fit.

That's ALWAYS an option out of waifu despair.

For eternity? How would that work? One descendant have to pay for all his ascendants? That's stupid, Never gonna work. or they just pull out the plug if the contract is over or didn't payed the bill for the month?

Expensive I meant. Insurance companies also wouldn't have to pay life insurance because technically the person is not dead. Even if they are just shitting the clients. They could use the insurance money on bogus server payments.

s1: 9, 9, 6
s2: 5, 8, 6, 10
s3: 4, 5, 8, 6, 7, 8

C'mon. When a company promises something for eternity what does it actually mean? Also, I'd wager the server costs in that future are pretty low per person/simulation.

>pig fuck
>iinstagram/reddit scoreing
>trolling episode
>all these shit episode rated so high
you have reddit taste

Once you die and just become a resident, how much can you really evolve and if you can completely change your form as soon as you get in there and the rules of your physical evolution don't apply, how is that you?

Wow.

I was just referring to user claiming he'll never have a gf.

I'm sure someone will fall in love with you, user.

S01: 3, 5, 3
S02: 3, 3, 1, 8
S03: 1, 3, 3, 7, 3, na

Why White Christmas is so higly rated? Tech in it really does not make sense.

Cool Story, but that doesn't answer my question.

I hate how The Waldo Moment is consistently rated as the lowest point in the series.

Sure, it's not the best BM episode, but the concept is eerily realistic and the change to anamorphic cinemascope in the dystopian post-credits scene really elevates the whole episode.

6,8,9,7...havent seen the last episode yet

Why are you asking me questions?

Nosedive is universally considered the worst ep, friend

Why are you offering up answers?

Nosedive is probably the best episode in season 3.

The Waldo Moment is mediocre but it shits on most of season 3.

I'm not. I think you're confused.

The Waldo Moments is disliked here only because it triggers Drumpfkins.

someone give me a few quick pointers as to why people hype this show so hard and literally cry at its episodes like women

i know nothing about it

Hated in the Nation is by far the worst episode in Black Mirror to date.
>Shit idea
>Shit ending
>Shit characters
>Goes on way longer than it needs to

It was fuckin bad, I dont know how anyone can like BEEEEEEESSSSSS

Modern twilight zone, but focuses on possible near futures and dangers of technology and shit.

see
Are you jumping in and answering things directed at this person?

>freeloathing

Season 3 power rankings:
San Junipero > Shut Up and Dance > Nosedive > Playtest > Men Against Fire > Hated in the Nation

This user didn't even ask a question. He simply made a self-depreciating statement and I offered advice. What the fuck are you even on about?

"cool"

>self-deprecating
Ducking auto-correct

Respond now! I demand an apology!

So if you were offering answers without even being prompted with questions, why did my questions trigger you?

You won't answer my questions, but you demand I answer yours first?

What are you talking about?
What question was asked? What answer was given? Where did I get triggered? You're just really confusing me. Are you doing this on purpose, user?

I was just messing with you since I assumed you realized you fucked up and confused me with a different user ITT or something.

Seriously, what the fuck are you even talking about?

The first half of the episode is boring as shit. The concept is pretty cool though.

>What question was asked?
What answer was given?
>Where did I get triggered?
>Are you doing this on purpose, user?
What purpose?

>Seriously, what the fuck are you even talking about?
I just asked a simple question and you were offended I didn't care about the other stuff you were on about.
James

Okay, I think I realize what happened.

Here I think you mistook my advice as something pertaining to the world of the Black Mirror episode. The user I originally offered advice to here , didn't seem to be speaking within the context of the episode, but instead irl. Which is when I essentially told him to get fit if he wants a relationship. Basically, he and I was referring to irl, you were speaking in context of the show.

I think that untied the knot.

I'm not angry, how did you get to that? Im just genuinely confused.

This threw me off because you were sparking conversation based on the context of the show. He and I were talking about irl. So your question seemed like it was meant for someone else who was actually discussing the show.

I accept your apology.

>daily reminder Netflix actually believes a 17yo guy masturbating to little girls photos is to be considered a pedophile and totally deserves to be beaten to death

That's the conclusion you draw from that episode?
It was morally ambiguous you lackwit.

DUDE WHAT THE FUCK WAS THE LAST EPISODE OF THE SEASON. THE LONGEST EP, THE SHITTIEST EP, A LITERAL "OH NO THE BEEEEES" EP. AN ACTUAL FUCKING JOKE WHAT A WASTE FOR A 6/6 SEASON HOLY FUCK I'M FUMING.

>17yo masturbates to little girls photos
>is labeled a pedophile
>is forced to fight with a grown ass man to death
That's the only conclusion you can draw from that episode

>Playtest
>San Jupitero
>Men Against Fire
>good episodes
Sup Forums is truly dead

Overrated as hell just because it had muh mixed race lesbians.

it's fun yo

I thought it was more them letting themselves be manipulated

Thing happening in movie/tv show=/=creator endorsing it

I guess Kimberley Pierce i pro tranny rape according to your logic

>he uses =/= instead of !=
opinion instantly ignored

As opposed to what?

Owning up to it.

What's worse, fapping to some kids, maybe get some therapy or jail for bankrobbing and murder?