Unique Music

I'm a fashion designer, and I've found the more I expose myself to new sounds and music, the more developed my creative mind becomes. Also, its fun as shit hearing music like you've never heard before. I've begun to crave that feeling.

I want ANY and ALL recommendations of avant garde or overlooked interesting genres and music from EVERYONE reading this.

I hope others can browse this thread and find things they've also never been exposed to.
More artistic fashion and music blend together beautifully. I'd recommend watching a popular Rick Owens show if you've never looked into fashion before.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qQTItE0jfQI
youtube.com/watch?v=8Ul7ne7xO1c
youtu.be/IyJxDUN33qs
youtu.be/Smi13W991q0
youtube.com/watch?v=OefQ-Pr-YH8
youtube.com/watch?v=unN7QvSWSTo
youtube.com/watch?v=-WejD5fPTBE
youtube.com/watch?v=GYhXa3FLdQc
youtube.com/watch?v=vRvbg62zX3w
youtube.com/watch?v=-pxvc8TxPh4
youtube.com/watch?v=IB7cE4GQZ5U
youtube.com/watch?v=HWhfZk1llUo
youtube.com/watch?v=bg72cpkkTBM
youtube.com/watch?v=FGP92H6b3So
youtu.be/nGYBxhY1xxI
youtube.com/watch?v=92zCQpzjT-w
soundcloud.com/user-225797210/my-ex-stacy
youtube.com/watch?v=HP8JW-cjBR0
youtube.com/watch?v=GK_nDPY8E84
youtube.com/watch?v=0FZjDos2hRk
youtube.com/watch?v=hBm2FmghkcM
youtube.com/watch?v=bhJzCmaKdA4
youtube.com/watch?v=hVLAk1D23GA
youtube.com/watch?v=N2lvR7Uluuc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

youtube.com/watch?v=qQTItE0jfQI

Anything by Coil really, they are my fav band. Formed by a gay pagan couple in the 80's, made some of the most strange music I've ever heard but also beautiful stuff

youtube.com/watch?v=8Ul7ne7xO1c

hf

second this, check out Music to Play in the Dark for some really creative stuff

Thank you! It's not incredibly abstract, but it's a cool song. interesting combination of sound .

Hard to tell what you have or haven't heard, but I'll try to give a few recommendations from different genres, in no particular order.

If you haven't heard The Paper Chase (I mean the band, not the other stuff google will throw at you) then definitely go for that. I have yet to hear another band that blends pop with disharmony in a similar manner.

Venetian Snares. Breakcore I guess? The album with a hungarian title is a great place to start.

Dome. Side project of some members of the English punk band Wire, mostly minimalism with various electronic elements.

John Coltrane's Interstellar Space. Free jazz, sounds like utter chaos at first glance (what's the hearing equivalent of glance?) but very rewarding if you get into it. Potentially inspiring even if you don't.

Melt-Banana. Japanese vaguely noise rock-esque band with high pitched female vocals.

maybe you could listen to techno, it's not that avant garde for sure but the songs are very well put together, i could recommend some artists if you want

Not OP but I would appreciate It. I'm probably too late though.

Thought I'd mention some stuff that gave me that "feeling" of something like I've never heard before.

Allessandro Cortini- Avanti I fell in love with

Radiohead- Kid A

Peter Sotos- Buyer's Market

Yves Tumor- my favorite artist on this list

Dead Texan- please recommend me more drone I love it but feel like I'm missing a lot of the good shit

Anything Whitearmor

Bladee's earlier shit

Ecco2k's more interesting shit, Thaiboy's whitearmor shit

Nails- Abandon All Life

Huerco S- Untitled

I'm a lean fanboy too

Burial- Untrue

Hate to say this because it's lame but Floral Shoppe gave me the unique feeling too initially

Hannah Diamond

Kamixlo

I'm sure I'm missing the majority but this was right off the top of my head.

yooooooooooooo this is good this is real good

Tale Of Us, Dark Sky, Maceo Plex, Sonic Future, Kiasmos, HVOB, Planetary Assault Systems, Stimming, Len Faki, Reinier Zonneveld, Remco Beekwilder, Martin Roth

youtu.be/IyJxDUN33qs

you guys are so much nicer than the majority of Sup Forums! lol thank you for all your suggestions please keep them coming! I've already heard some awesome shit and I haven't gotten through hardly any suggestions so far.

Arthur Russell - World of Echo

I think this is exactly what you need. Your current list is lacking some actual artistic influence. Try it out. It's on spotify. Let us know.

youtu.be/Smi13W991q0

Adding this to your list.

youtube.com/watch?v=OefQ-Pr-YH8

Based on:
>floral shoppe
Chuck Person - eccojams
youtube.com/watch?v=unN7QvSWSTo
OPN - Replica
youtube.com/watch?v=-WejD5fPTBE

>Your interest in electronic music and more specifically ambient
Alva noto
youtube.com/watch?v=GYhXa3FLdQc
Oval
youtube.com/watch?v=vRvbg62zX3w

Also unique
youtube.com/watch?v=-pxvc8TxPh4
youtube.com/watch?v=IB7cE4GQZ5U
youtube.com/watch?v=HWhfZk1llUo
youtube.com/watch?v=bg72cpkkTBM

maybe it is! I'll absolutely let you know. This is good. I really like it. I've listened to 2 songs from the album so far and now I'm off to new suggestions, this one got written down though. Its worth listening all the way through

100%

eccojams is great I haven't heard it in a while! Thanks for reminding me I would have never stumbled across it. Alva Noto seems really cool so far.

I think you'd find luck with vladislav delay youtube.com/watch?v=FGP92H6b3So
and something else I've thought of: youtu.be/nGYBxhY1xxI

Try some Abul Mogard, he's close to Alessandro, at least to my ears, but I never see anons talk about his stuff here.

youtube.com/watch?v=92zCQpzjT-w

soundcloud.com/user-225797210/my-ex-stacy

tag an addict

"Novaya Scena" music. A late 80s/early 90s music scene that tried to blend the avant-garde academic world with the punk and folk one. Mostly avant-folk and weird ass post-punk.

are a part

And here's some more stuff that is on YT
youtube.com/watch?v=HP8JW-cjBR0
youtube.com/watch?v=GK_nDPY8E84
youtube.com/watch?v=0FZjDos2hRk
youtube.com/watch?v=hBm2FmghkcM

I'm a gallery director and a theatre technician.
Listen to Tentenko, all 50+ of her releases.

youtube.com/watch?v=bhJzCmaKdA4

the real good shit right here

No problem man. I find that most innovation in recent music is within electronic music

I should mention that these were made in Kyiv and Kharkiv Ukraine, in case you were wondering why there were so many moonrunes

Makes sense really. With live instruments there are always limitations imposed by how the instrument is built and what the human body can realistically do whereas in electronic music you can do literally anything. I also think (although I bet a lot of people will disagree there) that in electronic music the sound/tone/timbre/whatever plays a much more pivotal role than in instrument-based music, which again opens up endless possibilities and the only real limit is the artist's imagination.

youtube.com/watch?v=hVLAk1D23GA

It's like a punky, Mexican Led Zeppelin

Yeah, well there obviously is still room for innovation within physical instruments. Limitations of the instrument itself in no way stunts innovation but the possibilities and ideas put forward by the use of electronic equipment is breaths life into modern music really. For example microsound (the use of extremely short clips of sound) is used throughout a lot a modern progressive electronic music. That can't be replicated on physical instruments. But also electronic musicians have been limiting themselves as part of their artistic approach by the extensive use of simple sine waves rather than using electronic equiptment to it's for complex potential. As you said, timbre is one of the main areas of experimentation. Mainly with noise music, following on from a long history of noise music that had previously been limited until the use of electronic equiptment

we're generally nicer to visitors from other boards because we want to show off our favorites to anyone that's definitely going to listen
youtube.com/watch?v=N2lvR7Uluuc

Ryuichi Sakamoto - Thousand Knives
CFCF - The Colours of Life
Auscultation - L'étreinte Imaginaire
Lnrdcroy - Much Less Normal
Julianna Barwick - Nepenthe

I really wanted to like the Paper Chase at first but as I got further and further into their music it just sounded like Andrew Jackson Jihad trying to be really edgy.