Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_kAflDuAmko
youtube.com/watch?v=bXaDtAtpLPs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>the disney jews would still have say on final cut
whats the point?

Nooooooooooooo

APOLOGIZE

sure he may have gone too far in a few places, but he doesnt deserve all the hate.

Fuck off, retard

>implying the updated Cloud City isn't the best thing ever
I was so happy Lucas did this and that we got to see the full city instead of it hiding behind blank walls and no windows.

This, I don't want Lucas to be reduced to quip fests

The point is that he needs to #MakeStarWarsGreatAgain

Why do you think brow beating a guy into directing a movie is a good idea?

at least he went a bit far in a few places

disney will never go even slightly far

Is it just me or does your pic, as a thumbnail look like a women's legs lying on a bed in some black dressing?
Maybe I am just drunk af

go to bed, George

the only way for that is Disney have a bad year for profits and that will never happen as long as everyone continues to see their awful films.

>he may have gone too far in a few places
All he did was fuck up Vader. Maybe he made the Jedi cunty. If well, they get wiped out for a good reason. Meanwhile JJ raped EVERYTHING else. If you like TFA you hate Luke Skywalker.

Why so many idiots believe that just because they signed a worthless petition in the internet things are going to change? Especially when it comes to business.

I always loved the prequels user.

Attack of Clones went WAY TOO FAR with the CGI but still, I love them as story pieces.

They are pure "space opera".

Disney's Star Wars are nothing but "sci fi action flicks" which is what we saw in TFA. It had no magic that was present in the prequels.

He fucking sold everything. HE DOESN'T WANT TO COME BACK.

>Why so many idiots believe that just because they signed a worthless petition in the internet things are going to change?
Because people are commenting about the petition? When a petition makes enough signatures, it gets noticed by companies. Whether they decide to bring him back or not is their choice but still it shows that over 26,000 want George back.

He also made three shit movies.

Why? He would just want to make SW with an all black cast, and have a bunch of singing fairies save the day.

Tell me one petition of this kind that actually got something done.

>He fucking sold everything.
Because you faggots made him! You kept on screaming at him that his prequels were shit. Well who's laughing now when all we are going to get from Disney are quip fests.

apologize him

WB released an extended cut of Suicide Squad when originally they had no intention. The 10 minutes of footage in the extended cut was going to just be included as deleted scenes on the blu ray until they changed their mind at the last minute.

They haven't released the David Ayer cut (what everyone truly wants) but still.

>WB released an extended cut of Suicide Squad when originally they had no intention

Sure thing, bud. Because a big company like WB wouldn't do any fucking thing to make more money, you naive piece of shit.

>oh boo hoo, they MADE him sell Star Wars for a few billion dollars
>what an injustice
>BOOOO HOOOO
and yes. The prequels are still terrible, kiddo. Keep on pretending that this isn't the best shape Star Wars has ever been in over a literal 20 year period of shit
>new trilogy essentially made by fans
>Lucas a literal billionaire to do what he wants
>based Rebels show
>new spinoff movies that arent complete shit
>pretty cool new characters
>good books and games

Kill yourself for complaining, we have finally got what we wanted from the franchise in years.

The prequels were shit. Lucas can't make anything good by himself. Instead of bringing George back how about we bring back all of the writers, editors, and Marisa Lucas back. Then we'd have something good for a change.

>thinking the prequels are shit
People like you really ought to leave the internet for good

I would rather have Steve Buscemi direct the next trilogy to be honest

They are shit, dont you have school in the morning?

>new spinoff movies that arent complete shit
If you think quippy action flick Rogue One is better than space opera Phantom Menace, you are clearly in the wrong.

You're right, normies need to leave. The internet is only for autistic man babies who love edgy whiny Anakin and Jar Jar Binks.

>dont you have school in the morning?
Why would a young kid defend the prequels? Those who defend the prequels mostly grew up watching them like me. I am 23 years old now and yes they were my first Star Wars movies so I hold them very close to me.

>Rogue One wont be better than TPM
Fucking kill yourself for being this delusionally wrong.

Okay, doesnt change the fact that these films are objectively poor in structure and storytelling...as films, they are horribly made and horribly written.

>He thinks Rogue One is going to be more entertaining than Phantom Menace
I hope you are joking.

If you enjoy pointless action then sure but if you want a movie with a solid story then Phantom Menace is that masterpiece.

Honestly I don't think George even likes directing. All of the actors say he mostly sits in silence and doesn't direct anyone to do anything and just uses the first take. George likes writing and coming up with stories, and Disney already threw his ideas in the trash. I doubt George would want to write a movie starring JJs stronk woman™ and black man™

>DA TRAILER GOT A FEW QUIPS
>SO IT GUNNA BE BAD
>PHANTOM SHIT IS BETTER
>(((fedora tips)))
I dont take this autistic opinions seriously in the slightest. I honestly believe you have some sort of mental defect if you believe TPM is better than...well...anything.

>but if you want a movie with a solid story then Phantom Menace is that masterpiece.
Please, fucking stop...this is beyond retarded if you are being unironic

>Honestly I don't think George even likes directing. All of the actors say he mostly sits in silence and doesn't direct anyone to do anything and just uses the first take. George likes writing and coming up with stories
I actually believe you. This makes sense with some of the poor acting in the prequel. George is more of the writing story bloke. Which is why they need to bring him back as a writer.

But he owns the second highest amount of Disney shares behind Steve Job's widow.

IIRC, female lead for the sequel trilogy was one of George's ideas.

>but if you want a movie with a solid story then Phantom Menace is that masterpiece.
>underages actually believe this
>pretend to understand film on a film and television board
WWEEEWWW BOYYY

Have you even seen this scene?
youtube.com/watch?v=_kAflDuAmko

btw: Phantom Menace has so many planets, an amazing story, so many characters (I loved seeing the Gungans and their underwater city).

He is a shit writer though.

i like it when people don't get their way and go to some buttfuck of a website, make a petition, and spread it around like an internet std. petitions don't do shit and just make you seen childish. grow up. he sold star wars and now star wars it gonna get milked until that cow dies from dehydration

>George doesn't like directing.

He's a micromanager. He doesn't like directing the actors because he doesn't like the performance the actors give. He spent hundreds of hours with the post production staff digitally changing the actors expressions, and combining takes in awkward ways. Lucas can't relate to people, he's a better idea man, but he still is a control freak.

The best representation of how Lucas can make a good product is TCW. He delivered a ton of material to his animation studio and then reworked it to make it presentable. He wasn't as hands on as he is with other stuff but he still provided the basic concepts, names, and plots.

That's how the originally trilogy worked too. People would rework his cheesy material into something better.

Phantom Menace does have a brilliant story. Putting up a picture of Jar Jar won't change my mind.

I hope you are trolling, my man.

There was literally nothing wrong with that scene and it probably took more effort that the endless shot/reverse shot takes of sitting down on a couch or the poorly consructed CGI action scenes in TPM

You are an aspie retard to think TPM is better shot.

yeah, I am sure he would come back and buy stars wars for 3.1 billion dollars or whatever they bought it for.

was insulting the guy necessary?
get off your high horse you greasy cynic

atleast now he knows what a hack fraud he is

The Phantom Menace is Star Wars' Alien. In many years time it will be hailed as a masterpiece once you haters (who only existed around the early 2000's whilst almost all in the cinema in 1999 loved it) die off.

The original trilogy and the prequels were full of quips and jokes you fucking retard.

We get it, you dont actually understand film...

Since anyone who defends TPM as being a movie that is well shot or well constructed is either kidding themselves or a legit moron with no objective lens with which to critique film. And im being serious, you honestly do not know how good film is made if you hold those opinions. Or at the very least, you cant know.

Prequels have some nice visuals and designs, but they are still shit movies. AOTC in particular is embarrassingly bad.

Brilliant

>the poorly consructed CGI action scenes in TPM
It was 1999 and for 1999 THIS looks very impressive. I agree the CGI in Attack needs a lot of improvement but Phantom Menace has aged very well.

>inb4 someone posts that Jar Jar webm
What is wrong with it? Again for 1999 standards that is amazing considering no one else was doing anything like what Lucas did.

>In many years time it will be hailed as a masterpiece
Kek, when? It is nearly 20 years later and it is still revolting and hated.

Keep dreaming retard. Alien was an instant hit with critics and audiences. The comparison is laughable. Critics hated TPM, fans immediately hated it weeks after.

Its still hated...Sup Forums being contrarian is not a measure of majority opinion

So you prefer the quick cut editing of this Rogue One sequence compared to the proper directing of the prequels which makes sure to not be so quick cutting.

>thinking this was impressive for 1999
It wasnt, user...

Force Awakens is by far the most hated Star Wars film.

On Sup Forums? Maybe.
Everywhere else? Not at all.

Even with all their flaws the prequels are still better than fucking TFA

>''We are taking the franchise back to its roots! Lucas was a CGI lover!''
Pic related
>''But Jar Jar!!!''
Jar Jar was annoying but so was Finn. And Finn had a far more important role in TFA than Jar Jar in Episode 1.
>''But it is like the OT!''
Rehashing A New Hope's outlining doesn't make it a good movie. If anything its lazy and makes the movie a complete worthless experience on Bayformers levels.
>''But atleast it is technically a good movie!''
It isn't.
None of the character actions make any sense. The plot doesn't make any sense either.
They copied ANH and wrote the plot forcefully wrote everything around making everything a ''coincidences''.
The acting is also pretty bad for the most parts.

TFA is without a doubt the worst Star Wars movie.
It betrays the Original Trilogy - More than the prequels ever have.
It is technically worse than the prequels.
And at last its so bad that it doesn't even stand on its own feet. If you watch that movie without any prior Star Wars experience its even worse.

I dont know what you mean by "proper directing", quick cuts in an action sequence (in which there would be quicker cuts in general) isnt an indication for whatever the fuck you are calling """proper""" direction.

Again, what are you fucking talking about with "proper directing in the prequels"? Lucas sat in a chair and was a horrible character director...

Why do so many of you pretend to have any actual knowledge of what you are talking about?

I saw the movie when it came out, I was in line waiting for tickets. Of the three prequels it to me is my favorite, because it had a lot of very good ideas in it. It introduced a lush planet, a different ruling party, it showed us what trained Jedi's were capable of. It had some fantastic audio and for the time some very amazing visuals.

However!

There were still plenty of shitty elements in it. Jar Jar's personality (ok Lucas you could've fucking toned him down). Little Anakin was annoying as all fuck. (Yippie! Spinning's a good trick!). There were a few released promo shots with kids auditioning for Anakin, there were a few who were plenty less annoying. The whole talks of trade negotiations and shit like that. The thinks that irked me the most were, Jedi are now celabate, Anakin is "The Chosen One" instead of just being a really skilled Jedi (and space Jesus now too), and midi fucking chlorians.

Lucas royally fucked his own lore over and it was mostly because of his divorce.

>When a petition makes enough signatures, it gets noticed by companies.
Thats just adorable that you think that.

Not even remotely true you basement dwelling aspie

Good point, I forgot about how crazy he went in post production with tiny pointless details, using cgi heads to stitch together different awful takes of Hayden Christensen talking, and changing the timing of different actors so they'd all sit down at the same time.

Oh yawn, here is this copy pasta again...

How many times do these points need to be addressed monthly?

I unironically think the prequel trilogy is perfect and there's nothing you can say to change my mind. The story and scope of them are amazing.

It also has Jar Jar, a talentless kid, some cringy sub-sub-plot about body doubles and midichlorians.

>thinking petitions have any effect ever.

Disney bought Star Wars. They could turn it into a reality TV soap set in modern day New Jersey if they wanted and there's jack shit anyone could do about it.
Because it is Disney's property.

ITT: disney marketing

Then your knowledge of film making in general is poor.

>copy paste
Feel free to search it in the archive.

If it isnt pasta, its a rehash of the same four or five points faggots like you put on repeat every other day, despite people counter-criticizing it constantly

>Arguing about what piece of shit smells worse
I cant wait for president trump to send you manchildren to the gulags.

>TFA ruins Lukes character
>TFA ruins Leias character
>TFA ruins Han Solos character
>TFA makes everything they faught for completely worthless with Snoke existing and the republic getting Alderaan'd 5 times through a single shot

>But the prequels are shit because of the word MIDICHLORIANS
It only happens in TPM and only gets brought up like 2-3 times during non important coversations.

>TFA is without a doubt the worst Star Wars movie.
Ask me how I know you are under 21 and retarded

Perfect... amazing

Wrong board

>It only happens in TPM and only gets brought up like 2-3 times during non important coversations.

Yeah talking about anakin bring balance to the force isn't important, fucking moron, peddle more lies.

Prequelfags should just fuck off to Sup Forums already, people there love that crap movies

I'm sorry you're too jaded to enjoy a goofy comic relief scene in a family film.

>family film

>Goofy comic relief scenes are ok.

>TFA and Rogue One are a quipfest. So they're shit.

Seriously you're just grasping at straws with this level of trolling. The original trilogy had plenty of stupid one liners like all the Marvel movies and TFA have. The prequels were even worse.

TFA isn't great, but the prequels aren't master pieces by any stretch of the imagination.

Darth insanious and darth icky wont let me sign

That's not The Phantom Menace

I don't think TFA is shit because it's a quipfest. It's shit because it's devoid of any creativity.

I'm not going to argue that, because I agree. It was too much like the orignal film. However, none of the prequels are much better. Yes, there were a lot of new things too, but there was a lot of garbage in them as well. There was more bad than good. Lucas shat all over his own lore.

No its not, but the entire prequel trilogy has decapitations, bodies being split in half and people burning alive. Including TPM...

Calling them children's films is a retarded deflection

>devoid of creativity
-new aliens
-new planets
-decently fleshed out characters
-new types of spaceships
-honestly creative cinematography

Its only devoid of creativity thematically, as a remake of ANH, but you need to give the film credit when its due. Stop being a blind contrarian just because everyone else here is doing that. There are genuine positive criticisms for TFA

>he thinks his opinion is objective

>-new aliens

>-new planets
A desert planet, a forest planet, a snow planet. Wow so original

>-decently fleshed out characters
I did like Finn, Kylo though Kylo needed way more screen time and for us to know more about him. Who the hell is Snoke?

>honestly creative cinematography
Dutch tilt shots when Kylo appears randomly and basic camera angles isn't creative cinematography.

The Phantom Menace is PG. You can argue semantics all you like but Revenge of the Sith aside, they're all considered family films.

I don't think the film is entirely devoid of positives but personally I thought the design of the spaceships, aliens and worlds was very uninspired. Especially compared to the prequels.

They are. In 2016. Huge flops, many such cases.

>there were no new aliens
Did you not watch the movie?
>only dutch shots meme
Are you being purposefully retarded? Did Sup Forums only learn one type of shot, and now think movies ONLY do dutch angles? There are other creative shots and frames all through TFA, pic related. The film is shot well.

The cinematography of TFA was fucking awful. Nothing about it felt remotely unique or special. Nothing in it comes close to the other six films.

>new aliens
I'll give it that
>new planets
Oh, you mean like new tattooine, new hoth, and new yavin? Very creative
>decently fleshed out characters
I'm a stormtrooper that can't handle killing and watching my comrades die, but for convenience sake, that was only for the first 5 minutes. I love killing my former comrades now"wooo! Did you see that? Hell yeah!"
>new types of spaceships
Tie fighters, x-wings, star destroyers, and the millenium falcon? I'm struggling to think of any new ship. The box shaped dropship?
You mean that one shot JJ recycled from his star trek movie?