This is Nirvana's best album imo. It has the rawness of Bleach with the tight songwriting of Nevermind

This is Nirvana's best album imo. It has the rawness of Bleach with the tight songwriting of Nevermind

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wrjvClLjY6g
youtube.com/watch?v=CFVe_GCEzRQ
youtube.com/watch?v=Iaijaar3a8s
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Its not as good as Bleach or In Utero

In Utero is a meme.
>muh albini

its probably their most backloaded
>beeswax
>aero zeppelin
>big long now
>aneurysm

the vaseline's cover is nice too

Don't you mean frontloaded?
Dive->Sliver->Stain->Been a Son->Turnaround
is legendary

Aneurysm is their best song

isn't turnaround a Devo cover?

Technically it's a cover of "Whip It" but it's basically a new song

compilation album

no
in utero
its a shame that cobain died before he fully realized himself

youtube.com/watch?v=wrjvClLjY6g
youtube.com/watch?v=CFVe_GCEzRQ

this is a great collection of songs but not an official studio album

their best album is nevermind it's not even close

a compilation album is still an 'album'. it contains material not on their studio albums. stop nitpicking

yeah but generally a compilation is a bunch of tracks picked from a certain era of a band's career while a studio album is usually recorded over a few weeks or months. and usually there is greater care in the sequencing of a studio albums tracks to make it more of a longform statement

Yeah,big long now goes as far back as bleach. theres early footage of it with chad channing on drums in krist's basement with slightly different lyrics

>generally
what does that have to do with Incesticide? it has material thats not on their studio albums, it's not a "greatest hits". if you didnt have this album you'd be missing a good chunk of nirvana material.
>while a studio album is usually recorded over a few weeks or months. and usually there is greater care in the sequencing of a studio albums tracks to make it more of a longform statement
not always true. a lot of the time a studio album is just the best songs recorded during the corresponding sessions. as far as care of sequencing, Kurt literally pulled the final tracklist of Nevermind out of his ass the moment they were due.

the recordings on incesticide area collection of material that was already out there in different forms. if you stitched two EP's together, you wouldn't call it an album probably. i know what you mean but this is dumb to say incesticide should be compared to their actual albums. it's not.

>i know what you mean but this is dumb to say incesticide should be compared to their actual albums. it's not.
why? because you say so? it's not an album because you say so?

youtube.com/watch?v=Iaijaar3a8s

it's like saying the best beatles album is past masters. get the fuck out of here

it's not an album because it has b-sides and outtakes. like how yesterday and today is classified as a compilation album and no one ever considers it a beatles album, even though it kinda could be like incesticide

That's not how you spell In Utero

>albini is a bad producer

You could make that claim sure. Why not?
All of these things are albums. You don't have to consider them when ranking stuff but they're still albums and if someone wants to rank them, so be it

well fine then an EP is album because i consider it to be one

Go for it. It's all packaged music, If you like one package more than another, why would it matter

it never mattered to me personally, i don't rank cd's or care which is their best. but for the sake of a discussion, it is important to have an agree-upon view of what constitutes an album so if someone says 'this is their best' and everyone leaves out the EP's....

Any "musical package" is an album, really. If the OP said specifically, "studio album" we could give him a hard time, but he didn't so I don't see the problem.

ok next time i buy a single, i'll remember it's really an album even though it has one song. and won't expect anyone to give me a hard time here unless i specify ":studio album" and pretend a "single" is not a thing

You're being purposely obtuse, but sure, if you want to call your single an album, I don't really care.

i think saying a "musical package" is an album regardless is obtuse. we agree, though. i myself consider incesticide an album. and magical mystery tour.

Second best because of too many covers.

>i think saying a "musical package" is an album regardless is obtuse
Depends on how you interpret it. When I said musical package I meant, a package of music, as in multiple songs. EP, comp, album, whatever. It's all an "album experience" because it's multiple songs, issues officially by the label.

Now, some singles come bunched with a bunch of other songs. If that single/accompanying songs were never recollected on a compilation, then sure call it an album. But if you called it a single it would make more sense to someone reading. Calling Incesticide anything other than an album would be confusing.

i think 8 of the songs on incesticide were from singles as b-sides so for me it is confusing to call it anything other than a compilation

>i think 8 of the songs on incesticide were from singles as b-sides so for me it is confusing to call it anything other than a compilation
A compilation is short for.... a compilation album.

yes but you don't compare it to albums that contain previously unreleased music if every song was already out there in another form. typically! there is a reason why it's called a compilation album.

>yes but you don't compare it to albums that contain previously unreleased music
Why not? It's all music. Yes, some of Incesticides music was available previously but Incesticide is a very nice package that combines and presents it all nicely. I don't see why it would be wrong to consume it as an album and then compare to it an album.

You've obviously never heard Whoremoaning.

You realize Incesticide contains that entire EP except for 2 songs right?

so then by that rationale, a BEST OF or GREATEST HITS can be compared to albums in discussion

Just because it is made of tracks that aren't on the studio albums doesn't make it not a compilation. It pulls from non-album EPs and b-sides and shit, like no one considers Cap'n Jazz - Analphabetapolothology an album, it's the same thing as insecticide

But you realize that it's those two missing songs what makes the e.p. so important.

If you felt so inclined, sure, but people would laugh at you because there's an obvious distinction between a compilation album that is mostly uncollected singles, b-sides, or EPs that people may not have heard of, and a compilation album that is mostly radio hits. This is what I mean by you being obtuse. You know there's a difference beween Incesiticde and Beatles #1 but you're pretending there isn't. >like no one considers Cap'n Jazz -Analphabetapolothology an album
I've seen a lot of people discuss that as an album. So what?

>I've seen a lot of people discuss that as an album
well they are dumb to take it in as a cohesive album because it is quite literally odds and ends except for the first 12 or so tracks, which are from the actual capn jazz studio album

you are contradicting yourself because first you said a musical package, now you're creating rules about what a musical package is. i don't think you know your own logic. it is not consistent. incesticide is a compilation album. wikipedia said so. they know everything. i want others to laugh at me. beatles #1 is an album because i listen to it as an album

i heard ur mum last night lmao

No you're getting confused. I never said Beatles 1 isn't an album. It's an album. Incesticide and Beatles 1 are both albums. They're simply difference types of compilation albums.

there are 2 kinds of compilation albums. A Greatest Hits, and otherwise. You KNOW this. I wouldn't care if you counted a greatest hits as a studio album because we're on a bangladeshi basket weaving forum.

i'm just fuckin with you and understand what you mean. i am not sure if it's a basket weaving forum, though. i have to check wikipedia

> i am not sure if it's a basket weaving forum, though
It varies from day to day, you have to check the newsletter. Anyway, happy hunting brother, I'm gonna disappear now. *disappears*

me too, i'm outta here. peace 5000 g