ITT: People who desperately want a biopic and probably have some fans who agree, but don't deserve one

ITT: People who desperately want a biopic and probably have some fans who agree, but don't deserve one.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/KcXCqQ_-gMI
youtube.com/watch?v=ehS0hbF5Os8
youtube.com/watch?v=Z3x9aUOO5V0
youtube.com/watch?v=1RxxjbzR5LQ
youtube.com/watch?v=snINmvhVjMc
youtube.com/watch?v=jJgfH_J8x9M
youtube.com/watch?v=c_eZTGS6x64
youtube.com/watch?v=dbPpeThU5CA
youtube.com/watch?v=BKf3OXIEPmM
youtu.be/lNKE4dDQCDg
youtu.be/g4ouPGGLI6Q
youtube.com/watch?v=AfBoZFtqz0I
youtube.com/watch?v=T9pgZPqYof4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

moot

> yngwie doesn't deserve a biopic

Fuck off lad, he revolutionized shredding. RELEASE THE FUCKING FURY

WTF is Karl Pilkington doing?

Doesn't mean he deserves a biopic.

I read his autobiography and the guy is remarkably dull and ineloquent. He might also have aspergers.

> book faggot thinks his opinion matters
youtu.be/KcXCqQ_-gMI

1)yngwie
2)satch
3)vai

Nobody wants to watch a smug fat guy play the same licks for 30 years.

If there's going to be a shredder biopic it should be Becker. He actually has a life that's interesting regardless of whether or not you're interested in niche guitar music.

Did you get into shred last week?

t. Doesn't know anything about yngwie.
One of my favorite stories of him was when some guy asked him to sign his jem and he wrote "paganini played fender" right below the bridge

wow that would make a sick movie bro

I'm talking about the big 80s-90s solo acts faggot.
All time:
1)Govan
2)Howe
3)Abasi

Are you mocking me?

>satch
>vai

Most boring guitarists in existence.

Is this what would happen if John Dep went the way of Elvis?

Shredding is for 13 years old faggots

>3)Abasi

Check out this autistic 12 year old mouthbreather guys

dude swearing so cool

is shredding just some new 1337 term for "playing the guitar"

get a fucking grip you twats

> m-muh 6 strings

Fuck off grandpa get with the times

lmao i guess shred is a genre now

"Shredding" is playing guitar really fast

>I'm talking about the big 80s-90s solo acts faggot.
Oh yeah, that was very clear indeed.
Also, Howe already had a solo act then (as did Govan but he was so obscure at the time that it doesn't really count). Shawn Lane is the GOAT by the way. Derek Taylor is a great underrated 90s guy.

Tosin is great. His fanbase is just quite autistic.

I lol'd

while improvising

Keyword big. You're talking about Greg Howe, right? No one surpasses Govan.

Yeah I'm talking about Greg Howe. I love Govan but I said "doesn't count" because you were apparently talking about 80s and 90s solo artists, and even though he was already a solo artist back then he was so obscure I agree with you not considering him one.
youtube.com/watch?v=ehS0hbF5Os8

Have you tried getting into Lane? He's one of Guthrie's favorites too.

It's a term for playing really fast that' been used since the 80's.

>shredding on a vintage radius fretboard
dude deservess a biopic and 72 virgins

You forgot the fact that he scalloped the fretboard on his guitars, make a big difference.

I got into Howe because someone told me that Guthrie was influenced by him so yeah I'll definitely check him out. Saw his name pop up a few times but never bothered

*makes

>movie starts
>he is young
>he plays the guitar
>he is older
>he plays the guitar some more
>older still
>more guitar playing
>movie ends

Alright fags, I have some cash saved up and I'd like your opinions, 7 string mayones regius or 7 string j custom?

>no mention of paco de lucia
>al di meola
>john mclaughlin
Millennials truly are the worst

Just get a squire

Shawn can be hard to get into since his legacy mainly consists of bootlegs. He didn't record much and what he did record is mostly badly produced. Also, his musical style is sort of odd, it's in this very strange gray area in between shred metal, jazz fusion, actual jazz, and 80s pop.

My recs in a variety of styles:
youtube.com/watch?v=Z3x9aUOO5V0
youtube.com/watch?v=1RxxjbzR5LQ
youtube.com/watch?v=snINmvhVjMc
youtube.com/watch?v=jJgfH_J8x9M
youtube.com/watch?v=c_eZTGS6x64

Bonus nonsense:
youtube.com/watch?v=dbPpeThU5CA

Too bad Petrucci, Bettencourt and Gilbert are better than every shredder mentioned in this thread

lmao @ur life, grandpa

we /ERG/s now

They don't even know Becker and Friedman. They're completely obsessed with technique and shitty soulless Fusion. I wouldn't even call those guys musicians.

> two irrelevant wetbacks and an lsd hippy

Nobody who has ever lived is as good as Guthrie Govan.

Go buy some guitar lessons you faggot chugger.

Any of you queers into Devin Townsend? Ziltoid film adaptation when?

I really like Waves. Really beautiful composition.

He is pretty good but goddamn his tone sounds like shit when playing live.

>Any of you queers into Devin Townsend?

Better try your luck at r*ddit.

Post shred cringe.

A personal favorite:
youtube.com/watch?v=BKf3OXIEPmM
His interviews that feature him saying "shred" every 3 words are amazing.

There used to be this (Eastern European, IIRC) guy who would sit in a dark room with a Nuno Bettencourt guitar and he would say "ZE E MINAHR", followed by him playing the most God awful, delay drenched, shred licks imaginable. Also every 15 seconds he'd throw his guitar up in the air.
I loved those videos, but unfortunately it seems like they've disappeared from the internet.

Why are you guys talking about shredding as if it was a good thing? The only guy who ever made it sound decent and fit the songs (which also happened to be good, by the way) was Randy.

Being a good musician > being a good instrumentalist

Randy was both, Yngwie is the latter, and there are countless of examples of people who were the former.

Di Meloa is American champ

SEE YOU IN TOKYO BITCH

>all those wanking guitar nerds itt

No one gives a shit about your boring autists.

This guy on the other hand...

Because they are autists who think that technique means everything and can't comprehend music based on emotions.

Lots of people seem to dislike his tone, subjective I guess. I've been trying to dial in his clean high gain tone on my axe fx II for ages with no luck.
1)Eric
2)Ner Ner
3)Flatlands

who /andytimmons/ here?

BANG BANG

>mfw playing my SG through a sunn(O)))
>mfw Big Muff + delay

> can't into patrician music

Wrong board friendo

hahahahahaha what the fuck

I like his studio tone but for some reason he can't replicate it live

Only things in this thread close to patrician music are Lane and the Di Meola/De Lucia/McLaughlin trio.

>mfw no Eric Johnson

Yngwie says gibsons are comparable to furniture don't ever attempt to recreate his artwork with your overpriced firewood faggot or I'll find you

>guitar wanks
>patrician

>it's a Sup Forums reveals their awful Sup Forums garbage taste edition

> implying

youtu.be/lNKE4dDQCDg is the GOAT tone, I can't nail it

what the fuck are you on about lad

I was just trying to /BWOOHM/ in peace and you suddenly sperg out like Ed Roman's resident boipucci

Congratulations! you've got your "I'm too lazy to learn to play so I'm just gonna drench everything in distortion and delay and play one note a minute" starter pack!

That's exactly what the mathematician told me when I confronted him, who the fuck are you?

>7 strings

fuck off edgy metal teen. Get a nice stratocaster. Preferably one with a floyd rose.

> govan
> jazz fusion virtuoso
> wanking

>strat
>floyd
There are about a thousand guitars that were better with a free floating tremolo than a strat

>mfw this thread

This is wankery
youtu.be/g4ouPGGLI6Q

Everything else in this thead is not wankery unless you have adhd

>Ed Roman
OH BOY
OH FUCKING BOY
youtube.com/watch?v=AfBoZFtqz0I
him and his daughter are both dead now

>ruining a proper Stratocaster with a floyd
nigga you better be talking about a superstrat
The current generation real Stratocaster tremolos are great.

The fact you think anyone cares proves OPs point.

> most successful song was a cover of a hendrix song

Get this trash out of here

youtube.com/watch?v=T9pgZPqYof4

Does anyone know which Paul Gilbert instructional video that is at the beginning?

I want a shred machine not some gay blues strat I'm 26

Probably the one where he acts like a huge sperg

>2 hours of a fat Swedish man transcribing Vivaldi and Bach for electric guitar
At least a Buckethead biopic would be imaginary and funny

Those new Washburn are bretty gud for the price

only sensible thing in this thread

also the reason i havent been to Sup Forums in half a decade, just a bunch of angry teenagers acting like anyone gives a shit about their "taste"

Reminder that dweezil zappa regularly posts on Sup Forums and Sup Forums

Reminder that no one gives a shit about some stupid hippie son of a meme musician.

Source?

I went in the Sup Forums archive and found some ancient self promotion posts from what later became the band Chon.

I'm using a Schecter Hellraiser C1 without a Floyd rose. Whats a good guitar to trade it in for? I want a good shred guitar for covering Van Halen and I need whammy.

You're fucking retarded if you're asking this on the internet, and on 4chins of all places.

The most important thing about a shred guitar is how comfortable it is to play, and that's different for everyone. Go to Guitar Center or whatever and try a bunch of different guitars. LTD/Jackson/Ibanez/Dean/Washburn etc.

Save up and buy a used ibanez prestige, or get some new pickups if you're looking for tone and not playability reminder that tonewoods are a meme

>reminder that tonewoods are a meme

Only when it comes to shit guitars with active pickups who go through some shitty Metal distortion pedal anyway.

Fuck shredding
Buy a Jazzmaster, get some pedals and a qt shoegaze gf

Don't bother, faggots who unironically think yngwie is boring don't deserve a reply.

back to Sup Forums hipster faggot, you will never find a gf

Abasi is currently the most relevant shredder

He's innovative and one of the few players out there who can actually use a 7 string to it's full potential, not just gay djenty chugga-chugga riffs

Also Paul Gilbert is up there as one of the best

And just for the lulz I think David Maxim Micic should get an honorable mention. Bilo 3.0 was pretty damn good

My basswood iron label with dimarzio titans sounds better than my alder jem with dem vai evo pickups

>keep talking about Becker as if you're the only one in the world who knows who he is

We know, you just started playing guitar. Get the fuck over yourself, idiot.

Terry?

> 7

8. Met him at a guitar clinic, absolutely bro tier for a nigger

Who needs a gf when you have a waifu
not her, I meant Scott Cortez

>>keep talking about Becker as if you're the only one in the world who knows who he is

Who are you quoting?

I used Becker and Friedman as example to classic, quality solo guitarists. And I've been playing for 10 years.

They're good guitarists but they aren't revolutionary like Guthrie, Tosin, Yngwie etc.

>the only song of his I know is a Hendrix cover
FTFY