Trying to get more into modest mouse, heard pic related and Antarctica/building nothing. Where do I go next?

trying to get more into modest mouse, heard pic related and Antarctica/building nothing. Where do I go next?

thinking maybe you might try ANOTHER MODEST MOUSE ALBUM

Well, did you like them?

yes

no shit sherlock don't know which one first though

well their debut, I'd say

but maybe give Fruit a shot first

This next

>tell me how to tie my shoes

"Edit the Sad Parts" is their best song

the EPs: Interstate 8, The Fruit That Ate Itself, Night on the Sun, and Everywhere and His Nasty Parlour Tricks

then i guess check out the later stuff, but they started to degrade in quality from Good News for People Who Love Bad News and on

WELL

Good News is better than Long Drive.

Dramamine alone is better than the entirety of that album

well if everyone has a different opinion of which one you should play next, how does this fucking help. in the end you have to decide yourself and are simply wasting time asking when you could listen now

That's not a very funny joke.

This one is probably one of the best albums desu.

We were dead before the ship sank

Building Nothing Out of Something

Just listen to another album desu. I know some people here will disagree, but they haven't put out an actual bad album, although Strangers does get pretty close to mediocrity.

It's a very good album with three or four great tracks, but it hopelessly meandres in ways that aren't even thematically appropriate for the "driving long distances nihilist" concept. I don't get the lavishing praise this album gets in relation to everything else they did from '95 to '97. And even then something like "Night On the Sun" was far more explorative musically and focused lyrically while dealing with the same shit.

Is the ramshackle, vague feel of the album the main appeal?

Was going to post this. Easily my favorite MM record.

this

honestly I just think it's nearly all great songs front to back

pic related is my favorite album of theirs and probably most similar to the first 2 albums you listened to.

this is also a good choice

Backward

Try Built to Spill, the better band

Look guys I did it again!

There's another power trio from the 90s from Seattle with clever lyric couplets called Nirvana you might try. They're kinda obscure. Most people haven't heard of them.

he said he listened to building nothing

they all suck please listen to dub techno instead