/nba/ - the call that saved the clippers edition

Chris Pail to Houston
Blake meeting with Phoenix soon

How many calls does he have to make???

Who's visiting me on animal crossing when the mobile game is released?

>all these bronsexuals that don't know how great of a defender MJ was

Meanwhile LeBron makes one clutch block and suddenly he's a great defender despite all his stats saying otherwise, proceeds to choke in the Finals defensively and offensively.

Pathetic! Sad!

Would bringing back handchecking restore some parity to the NBA? Would it make average players better defensively and make it a bit harder for memes like Curry?

>cucks in california actually believe the warriors would beat the 96 bulls
>this statement was made by them just moments after muhammeds cock was removed from their throats

I will take delusional, obnoxious, moronic laker fans posts over warriors any day.

>A system babby and eternal cash cow for NBA executives and other corporations got awarded some meaningless meme awards
>Le 'get swept by Bird' man is a defensive juggernaut
>muh cuckdan
Don't @t me nostalgia fags

Warriors would beat 96 bulls 4-2 in 96 rules and 4-1 in 2017 rules. Bulls aren't used to having to guard 3 pointers to that extent.

Jordan couldn't even beat the Pistons or Celtics. He'd get swept by warriors

>mfw Jordan had to wait until true legends like IT, Larry Bird and Magic Johnson were either retired or old and busted to win anything

1991 eastern conference finals

Lmao I beat the 96 bulls with my warries like by 20 playing 2k17 in "hall of fame" difficulty...

I wonder if Jordan still has bad dreams about Bill Laimbeer.

>this thread

>The state of Michelle Jordcuck ITT

>LeBron James actually had to form a superteam to beat a Celtics team whos star players were 31 or older

>MJ had to beat teams where the majority of the starters were only one year past their prime or still in their prime

>this is what revisionist Bronsexuals actually think is a diss or an authentic point and not hypocritical and ignorant as fuck

Pippen did all the real defensive work. Jordan was getting steals and shutting down lanky guys with nut hugger shorts who were only in the NBA because they had over 6 expansion teams on top of 5 other awful teams. LOL regular season stats. Jordan got cut up and posterized by a grocery bagging CBAer

How many 70 win teams did Jordan beat? Can someone inform me pls

>bad dreams
>beat his ass and won 6 afterwards
>is rich as fuck and living the perfect life while Laim can't get a real coaching job and is still salty as fuck in radio interviews

Lmao

This is the most ignorant post I've ever read.

The only reason Jeremy Lin is still in the league is because he reminds everyone he's asian every few months, dude belong in a rec league somewhere

>96 bulls

best american meme in history

How many times did Jordan play with more than one all star on his team?

How many times did he win with a bunch of roleplayers and some washed up, old vets?

Did he need two all stars at all times just to win shit? Did he need to form a superteam leaving his team in FA just to beat a past their prime Celtics team that only had a 3 year window?

Can KD surpass Kobe ?

Agree or disagree

Tim Duncans post moves were overrated and his athleticism was underrated.

Can snakes surpass mambas?

I don't think so champ*

(*not an actually champion)

Based on talent and not chemistry, what is the best backcourt in the NBA?

he only needed a top 50 all time player and possibly the greatest all-around defensive player in the history of the NBA to get as man rings as he got.

Opinions?

The one with 2 rings, the 2 time MVP PG, and arguably best two way shooting guard in the league. Oh they also happen to be the top 2 three point shooters in the league.

wow....thats the most taleneted teep of alltime......i preidict 6 champioznsips.

Relegation fodder

>beat his ass

Only when Bill got too old.

That's because they made that legacy playing together.

What legacy has LeBron made with his teammates instead of going to players that already had a legacy and all the teammates he trashed?

Pippen was trash when he came to the Bulls but through the years became great when Jordan was already great and carrying the team.

Swept by the Warriors and lose to the Cavs in 6.

Every NBA thread devolves into a MJ debate and it only took the third post to get there. SAD!

Only when Bill was still punching him and clothes lining him in the game. You don't need to be 21 to still be effective when you're doing shit that you retard. Have you even watched a single game from that series?

That's only because the NBA today is boring as fuck.

It's pretty sad since it always end in MJ winning.

It's like these people are masochists and love being proven wrong time after time. As soon as they go on about LeBron after sweeping scrub teams he gets pretty much swept by the Warriors when everyone else knew this would happen?

a mamba is a snake

Is there a more forgotten franchise than the Pistons? Even the Bucks and Suns get media coverage

When Klay Thompson becomes a free agent in 2019, I could see him sign with the Spurs. Thompson is a great fit in Popovich's system. Great two way player. Klay is the 3rd/4th option now. Klay is good enough to be the 2nd option, but not good enough to lead a team. Klay could be the 2nd option for the Spurs with Kawhi as the first option. Kawhi/Klay would be a good duo. The Spurs would also have a SG opening at that time, and Klay would be rewarded financially since the state of Texas has lower taxes. Perfect fit basketball wise, financially, and career wise.

Lmao, look at this loser. That's like saying a pony is a horse.

Already in excellent shape months before the season starts and a pass first PG? Breakout year for Julius Randle?

I can't believe DWade has a higher career usage rate than LeBron and Kobe lol

What is Curry's biggest accomplishment?

being a god at the 3 pointer

I know /nba/ will meme its not a registered stat or some bullshit, but he seems to have perfected it

Most likely. No excuse not to average a double double with Brook Lopez as C

>was about to be traded by Magic
>break out season

Wade carried Miami for a long ass time and for most of his career Beasley was the second best player he played with.

Doing the incredible when everyone thinks you can't overcome the impossible

#SquadGoals

It's funny because he has AIDS.

His breakout season will be a HIV virus breakout.

People on Sup Forums like to call Melo a great "pure scorer." I've been trying to figure out what pure scorer meant and I think I've figured it out
>Front court player
>Majority of points come in the paint and yet still have a FG% around 45%
>Shit at everything else
Am I right?

>human immunodeficiency virus virus

cringe

ROW ROW FIGHT DA POWA

Starks was legit

He might be better if he wasn't the best one on a shit team like the knisk.

t. angstrom sized dicklet baller of the highest level

Still got the potential for Olympic Melo during an NBA season if he finally shuts his dumbass wife up. He's the meal ticket, not her. It's why you do it like Jeter and stay single or marry a girl who will not dare to cheat on you.

His wife cancelled her divorce she's a smart lady. Better for her to wait until he's completely done with his career for a higher divorce payout

D'Angelo is the Yajirobe of the NBA

nah, Yajirobe was based enough to cut Vegeta's tail.

D'Angelo is more like Puar

He cut the tail of the Lakers rebuild efforts by leaving
LOL!! They weakened and shooken

Rumor: three team deal involving sending kyrie to Utah ,George hill and Paul George to the cavs. No idea what the pacers get

Brook improves the team. Lakers had plenty of guards but no usable bigs aside from Zubac.

Not to say D'Angelo isnt massively talented he is, but his lack of work ethic was enough to give him the boot

D'Angelo is the guy who posts gym pictures everyday but spends the whole time there talking to gym bunnies

Wow Kobbe

These 2 use to date

This doesn't even make sense

Best MVP speech imo

lightning isn't thunder

This fucking roastie did him wrong. Glad she can't find work after dan the man molested her toes

Your pea brain isn't intelligent

Man I still cant believe Ainge traded Fultz away, I hope he doesn't regret that... Strongest draft in years and a #1 overall guard hasn't busted in like 40 years

Who is this

Fun fact : AI led the league in Usg% 5 times in 6 years ( 1999-2002, 2004 ), most by any player in NBA history not named Michael Jordan who did it 8 times in 12 years, including his 2 years retirement ( 1987, 1986-1990, 1992-1993, 1996-1998 )

This fact isn't even fun

Who is your guys favorite NBA team? Post your answer in the comments

*wins 74 games*

Who is this

Durant>Curry>Thomas>George>Green>Hayward>Thompson>Horford

For me, its the Lakeys

*loses in 5 games to Cleveland because you still don't have a rebounder*

The phone call that saved the Clippers

cavs got no rebounders

Where would you rank Pistol Pete among all time scorers I've heard the dude was a beast on offense like a cross between Curry and Nash someone even told me he average like 40 in college which is crazy.

Kevin Love, TT (most of the time) and LeBron are all way better rebounders than anyone the Celtics have had since Kevin Garnett

I haven't paid attention to the NBA in over a decade but I recently started playing basketball again and the people I encounter on the street court occasionally want to talk about the NBA with me. Gimme the key points I need to know so I can hold a conversation with NBA fans. Also tell me how the NBA was better in the 90s compared to today so I can pretend to be a wise old-timer.

i just realized steph gonna retire with 5 rings to start playing golf as a pro lmao bball is too simple for him

Who remembers this episode

I want to put non-hideous babies in her belly so she can be happy again

*loses 74 games*

Hahahahahahah Celticsfags btfo

this image is so truth! all the women want to be whited so bad, just look at them all crowding around the white men

Jazz. If Hayward he leaves for the Celtics, who will be their star white guy? The Jazz always need a star white guy.

kelly olynyk

I'm not a Jazz fan, but I hope Hayward doesn't leave [spoiler]unless it's for my Lakeys desu.[/spoiler]

also his wife is a qt.

>Kawhi/Klay would be a good duo
not really. Kawhi doesn't pass well he's mostly a spot up shooter and one-on-one baller. He's not the type of guy who makes others better around him. Thompson is a spot up shooter, to get the most from him you need to move the ball and Kawhi doesn't really help that (in fact he sort of hurts the spurs offense, it's his defense which makes him invaluable to pop).

The spurs are in a weird place, where the parts don't really fit together well. The old guard play great together but their best/youngest pieces don't fit that scheme well.

>Bulls are shopping Rajon Rondo in advance of decision day

>Kawhi doesn't pass well

nah. watch Melo in nba all star games or on olympic teams. you'll see Melo was perhaps the most poorly utilized player in nba history.

Coach K knew how to use him. Stick him on the wing, get him in motion and let him be one of the all time greatest spot up shooters the league ever saw. Take primary ball handling away from him, don't let him play hero ball, and he'd be a 30 point a night scorer in the NBA.

Problem is Melo's been on two dumpster fires of a franchise, and never had a top end ball handler to allow him to be a spot up option, or a coach who wouldn't let him be a hero-baller. He's outrageously good off the ball, and a better catch and shoot player then anyone not named Clay Thompson.

My god is the sun. You haven't started living until you've started sungazing. Eating food is for losers. I've actually gained 13 pounds and I haven't eaten in 3 months.