Why does electronic music is still not taken seriously as classical or jazz despite the huge achievements and...

why does electronic music is still not taken seriously as classical or jazz despite the huge achievements and possibilities?

Other urls found in this thread:

soundcloud.com/user-225797210/my-ex-stacy
nme.com/blogs/nme-blogs/grimes-glastonbury-set-proved-bowie-and-prince-s-maverick-spirit-lives-on-771377
youtube.com/watch?v=Fb_0LzBv894
clyp.it/uc5ta2rx
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

give it one more generation and it is already everywhere and so there's no way to say it won't be. i think it is now. who says it is not? probably some dick who says it's synthetic and doesn't count as music.

Because pop is or has recently been heavily influenced by it, therefore it's not respectable yet. It happened with jazz, it happened with rock.

its synthetic and doesnt count as music. none of it really exists, just computer garbage

>probably some dick who says it's synthetic and doesn't count as music.
yeah, i've heard that complaint many times. some people don't even consider it real music. other ignorants believe that computers/synths make the whole music by themselves.

depends on the artist, if he or she is taken seriously

soundcloud.com/user-225797210/my-ex-stacy

tag an addict

Cool whip isn't real, still tastes great

case in point

cool whip is disgusting

That score is overrated as badly as the original Blade Runner.

Not when you're high. Guess it's just like electronic music

>who doesn't anyone take neo-disco seriously?

If someone walked in and held a gun to your head right now would you care?

wrong. blade runner is really that great. the hype is deserved.

everythings great when your high because your high. doesnt count

Yeah it does

Our boy Stockhausen has already btfo the big guys of IDM, there is not anything else to be discussed in this topic

not it doesnt, just like electronic music isnt counted. Katy Perry uses it for gods sake. hollow genre

P O S T
O
S
T

A F R I C A N
F
R
I
C
A
N

R H Y T H M S
H
Y
T
H
M
S

that's why, you bunch of lowbrow garbage eaters

Katy Perry uses guitar. All guitar-based music is trash

Justin Bieber played the guitar early in his career, guitars are hollow garbage now

Katy Perry uses whipped cream on boobies. Boobies are a hollow genre. Cool Whip is analogue

Aw, beat me to it

she take pictures with one. her music is electronic synth trash, same with Kesha and Brittney spears. electronic music is shallow and for shallow people

>Doesn't whisk whipped cream by hand using fresh cream and cane sugar

Fucking not real food

>Hasn't listened to kraftwerk or devo

>boring, lifeless romance
>themes that are shoved up the audience's ass at will, not being woven into the story at all
>bad overacting from everybody except Rutger and maybe Harrison
>movie never sells the idea that Replicants are indistinguishable from humans, which is important
>feels like it's three hours long because no scene builds tension or atmosphere
>millions spent on world creation that has no depth or life to it outside of a five minute scene where Deckard shoots a lady
>that same scene has stupid characterisation
>entire plot hinges on one man finding four replicants with no help despite it being allegedly very important
>main character is a shit "detective"
>director is an idiot who wants to ruin his own film with a unicorn

No

>early in his career
what is he using now, electronic garbage like everyone. else, even the "best" electronic artist use guitar and they even ruined that. trash genre no talent required

lmao probably because of pic related?

you must be a replicant.

sounds like you love it, you know so much about it

has heard Kraftwerk and devo. that train album is the most overrated bullshit ever, no one with rhythm could possibly dance to that, terrible

>Still doesn't know what kraftwerk is

pic related is taken seriously. read her reviews. she was even compared to bjork, bowie, prince, kate bush, etc etc
nme.com/blogs/nme-blogs/grimes-glastonbury-set-proved-bowie-and-prince-s-maverick-spirit-lives-on-771377

you are 60 years old. and you listened to justin bieber until he let you down.

>Implying music needs to be danceable

its garbage that proves germans cant dance

you're a hyperpleb. at least try their live album minimum-maximum. thank me later.

well when you make dance music, you should be able to dance to it

>Implying Germans need to dance in order to be taken seriously in the music industry

It's part of the canon. It behooves me to know a lot about it. Also the new movie is better in every way.

their music is groovier than 5 funk bands put together.

>Implying electronic music is all dance music

Because 90% of it is the teenagers on drugs OST

im cultured, i listen to all music, thats how i know electronic is at the bottom of the barrel. Justice was released one of the "best albums" and they mostly used really instruments, Burials is hipster pandering. electronic music ruined Brian Eno

you are 45 years old.

>Can't greentext
>Has only heard autobahn

>grimes
>electronic

Funk tries too hard but no. you can only do the robot to Kraftwerk

well pink floyd has used synthesizers. is dark side of the moon trash? it has electronic music on it

>*Burial

oh I have to green text just because you do? no wonder you like electronic music, youre probably like current arcade fire, trend following

>NME

lot of electronic synths on this. is it shallow now?

they havent earned the right to have their names spelled correctly, the genre isnt even taken seriously. you think im a respect their bullshit name? lol

It is largely overrated production-centred trash compared to their early stuff which was really forward thinking and out there. Much like all of Bjork and Kanye's discography

>Implying I implied the fact that you need to greentext because I do
>Also still can't greentext

uses moog synthesizer

theres nothing wrong with synths, especially if theyre analog. when theyre used to make electronic music the its wasted cadence

yes, pleb. this is electronic as fuck: youtube.com/watch?v=Fb_0LzBv894
if you remove the vocals it's kinda like early autechre.
clyp.it/uc5ta2rx

>Gets called out on spelling error
>"lol I meant to do that"

talent

ok but the argument thus far i was hearing was that synths were not real and that if someone uses them they have no talent. so pink floyd have no talent?

>blocks your path

like I give a fuck, ill mis spell all day. if you lack the brain cells to figure out what im saying thats your problem. spieling erwor

Their early stuff has weak songwriting elevated by unique production and good performances on part of the members. Even then, they were out of their depths at times on a production level when you compare that stuff to what they did on some of the stuff throughout the '70s. This whole "early Floyd is better" meme is eye-rolling at this point.

if someone uses them to make electronic music they have no talent, because none is needed. Pink Floyd uses them to elevate rock, not for electronic bullshit

at best it has the chance to reach rock levels.

the reason jazz and classical are held in such high regard is because they molded the music theory we use today. as electronica has nothing to offer in that department it can't hope to reach the levels of jazz or classical.

>Covering up poor grasp of the English language and the layout of a keyboard with false display of defiance

ok grandpa

see

"On the Run" is not a rock song. I know you're bait, but try harder.

this is what they said about elecrtic guitar. you're a dinosaur. and you haven't heard good electronic music, just bullshit that yes i agree katy perry is trash. but she is not representative of the genre, she makes pop.

pre pubes, no facial hair response

I am 24 years old.

im not even talking about the instruments im talking about theory. do you even read posts before you reply?

rock isnt as respected as jazz or classical and it shouldnt be.

because people are Luddites and think that guitar takes more skill to use than computers because they think that opinion makes them seem knowledgeable about music

respected by whom?

idgaf about Pink Floyd, you expect me to know every song they ever made?

often this more than not. if you get down to what a person is arguing, it's mostly this. i've also heard "jimi hendrix was not a real guitar player, he just used pedals, it's all effects"

>Talking about theory
>Has done nothing but bitch about how electronic instruments don't make real music

Do you know what theory is?

Not sure if bait anymore, that was fucking retarded

the point made is that if you had real knowledge of electronic music, virtually every band engages in it in some form or another and many people foolishly have convinced themselves computers were never used on the big band albums, the dad rock, the 70's stuff, etc. but everything is electronic in some way, for a long time now.

t. teenager who only listens to electronic music for DUDE DRUGS LMAO.
hopefully, you'll die young.

t. Edgelord

Stockhausen made electronic music too.

it was "repetitions", you can't even get your retarded shitposting right

please stop posting

Because nothing good ever actually comes out of it

using electronics verses being an electronic artist making music for the electronic genre is what youre missing user

To be fair, guy he was arguing with was a complete retard and was calling it bad because it's "not real"

>electronic music ruined Brian Eno
you mean at the beginning of his career he was ruined already? like you have some sort of basis for comparison where bizarro world Eno doesn't make electronic music?

but why is it okay for them to use electronics and still be talented and not considered electronic music, yet if someone uses electronics and doesn't have guitar in it then they are not and are officially in the genre. there are so many levels to this bullshit electronic term, and it is fun to watch your nonsense because you must be really clueless about the genre

Also that because Katy Perry used electronics and that meant it was bad

jfc you can't even bait people properly

his first album was art rock user not electronic music

no this is idiotic, sorry, there's plenty of "theory" that's specific to electronic music and doesn't adequately translate to any other form of music, i.e. micromontage, plunderphonics and sampling, etc.

The most sophisticated works in the "genre" are warp records infospam spergery and video game music.

one person will say radiohead's kid a is art rock, another will say it's electronic. neither should detract it from being received as music. and if it's
good to you, it's good. this is an extremely silly thread but i have heard these arguments in real life so much, i don't think anyone is bait.

>Plunderphonics
>Theory
The theory was in the original work. "Slap a filter and some delay on it it'll sound dank" isn't theory.

same as when anyone refers to "studio trickery", like they don't understand what's going on so it must be magic of some sort that relieves anyone of the need to do anything competently