Lucasfilm President Says She Doesn’t Need to Cater to Male ‘Star Wars’ Fans

Lucasfilm President Says She Doesn’t Need to Cater to Male ‘Star Wars’ Fans

heatst.com/entertainment/lucasfilm-president-says-she-doesnt-need-to-cater-to-male-star-wars-fans/

>In an interview with the New York Times, Kennedy addressed her decision to cast a female lead in her second movie in charge, Rogue One: A Star Wars Story. “I have a responsibility to the company that I work with. I don’t feel that I have a responsibility to cater in some way [to those particular fans],” she said. “I would never just seize on saying, ‘Well, this is a franchise that’s appealed primarily to men for many, many years, and therefore I owe men something.'”

its fucking over, its over, (((they))) won. why did you let this happen?

Other urls found in this thread:

slashfilm.com/star-wars-female-directors-kathleen-kennedy/#more-385954
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Star Wars was never good anyway.

>it's another Sup Forums gets triggered episode

Nice

I didnt give a fuck the last three times you posted this fagbot.

I saw this thread on Sup Forums and there was a pretty good discussion about Jews.

Vote with your feet. (You're going to watch it anyway)

>Star Wars
What are you 15?

Except they are, they are just pretending they are not for progressive brownie points

They literally reshot the movie to add more Vader to appeal to the retarded man child fan base, which i really wish they fucking didn't, can't we have one movie without lightsabers?

>male nerds will watch any star wars movie that comes out until they die
>you can make 3 bad films in a row and they'll worship the series
>they'll obsess over a character who dies offhandedly and was onscreen for like 5 minutes if his armor looks a little interesting
Theres no reason to try to get their attention or interest, might as well try to hook the other demographics

I feel bad for little boys growing up. What do they have that's truly theirs?

>“I have a responsibility to the company that I work with.
True
>I don’t feel that I have a responsibility to cater in some way [to easily triggered stormfags],”
Also true.

Kylo Ren was literally designed to appeal to 12 year old boys

I was a diehard Star Wars fan until I saw TFA, I went in going with the mindset of "even if it sucks, I'll see the next one." And I'm not going to. Rogue One looks stupid and uninteresting and I don't care about whatever happens after 7 because the movie sucked worse than the prequels, and those at least had creativity, memes, and great EU shit based off of them. Fuck Diversity Wars and this cunt in charge of it, and fuck anyone who thinks appropriating male series and adapting them for cuckolds and women is okay.

Dumb niggers like her and you are why the industry is faltering. White males are what made Star Wars successful. Every time a company starts spitting on them and announcing how they don't need them, they go under.

Only thing I liked about TFA was the bread scene and the aesthetics(it's going to age nicely compared to the prequels), Rogue One doesn't even make me excited, it's obvious they just shoehorned Vader in there as a way to sell easy tickets since they know for a fact normies love him.

I watched and consumed every piece of Star Wars merchandise that came out. I even stuck with the MMO before the retooling. But once the owners start announcing Star Wars doesn't owe me shit and I'm problematic trash... that's it for me. There are still plenty of franchises out there who are aware of who and what keeps them afloat, I don't need to be a cuck and hand my money to people who openly despise me.

Fuck off white men, your time is over. White women should be tools of the black man.

Nobody gives a fuck you dumb manchild cunt.

Go back to the reddit echo chamber where you can circlejerk about your children's franchise endlessly

this. murifats live through their entertainment industry and the first fans have nothing else in their life.

D E A T H
T O
W H I T E
M A L E S

This is like Game of Thrones that have basically devolved into a feminist fanfic fantasy.

They know men are dumb and will watch anything with dragons. So they make it pander to women for maximum market penetration. It's going to bite them in the ass once men get tired of dragons and realize there's nothing in the story that appeals to them.

What's the likelihood that the protagonist will be openly discriminated against in the movie because she's a woman?

How much of a meltdown will white people have once the movie industry completely ditches the west and caters to China?

This is the second movie where a white woman is leading a multi-cultural gang against the white man.

What the fuck are they doing? What the fuck did white people ever do to the Disney shits?

The Ritalin they force on them

she'll be out when this underperforms anyway

>They literally reshot the movie to add more Vader to appeal to the retarded man child fan base
1) Show me evidince they added more Vader PLEASE
2) To appeal to the manchild fanbase? Why is that word thrown around so loosely? Vader is the most popular villain ever. EVERYONE but you wants more Vader. Since this isn't going to be like a war film then the next best thing for EVERYONE but you fucking retarded girls who aren't tired of weightless fights is to add in more Vader.

The only compelling character is meant to appeal to 12 year old boys? Then what the fuck are 90 percent of movie goers when they shill Rey and other boring brainless nonsense?

>not even a jedi
>still beats 5 storm troopers together in melee combat
>hispanic man watches in shock as she does this alone while he holds his gun uselessly (i wonder what this means????)

This was only ok before because of the force. Now what's the excuse?

Kathleen Kennedy is a very smart woman. I can't really imagine her believing her own statement: "Well, this is a franchise that’s appealed primarily to men for many, many years, and therefore I owe men something."
Because that would be missing the point.
Star Wars fans are fans because its a great universe with interesting characters. Fans don't really care about who the main protagonist is as long as its a good Star Wars movie.

like ghostbusters right

that design doesnt make any sense
wtf

please stop posting this, it's making me fucking depressed, everything i like is being turned into a SJW shitfest, Ghostbusters, Star Wars, Duke Nukem, etc.

White manchildren will always see a Star Wars film. They keep adding this diversity shit so they get females, niggers, China, etc. to pay for their movies. Disney will pander to everyone so they can money

Maybe stop having the taste of a manchild.
This is reality's way of telling you to grow up.

She's right. They shouldn't cater to anybody.
Unfortunately they cater to gay-ass SJWs but that doesn't mean they should now counter-cater to men. They should stop with it entirely.

>saying this on Sup Forums
>saying this on Sup Forums

Honestly, nothing she's saying in that article bothers me. But it does crack me up a little bit, because I think she'll find that it's easy to cater to male Star Wars fans, and flat-out impossible to cater to feminists. Because even though she's in charge of one of the hugest film franchises in the world, and making an honest effort to include more women, it's already NOT GOOD ENOUGH, NEVER GOOD ENOUGH, NOTHING IS EVER GOOD ENOUGH!!!!

case in point: slashfilm.com/star-wars-female-directors-kathleen-kennedy/#more-385954

Now, if there was only a way to piss off the lotr manbabies...

The Hobbit already did that job.

DRUMPF white supremacists BTFO

This sounds all too familiar

Wasn't an overwhelming majority of Force Awakens preorder tickets bought by men?

WTF does it matter? (((They))) could make a movie that was nothing but Daisey Riddley farting for 3 hours and it would still be the highest grossing movie of the year just as long as they put "Star Wars" on the poster

you mean they didnt put her in for men.

men will go to watch the movie anyway.

>Daisey Riddley farting for 3 hours

>flat

I actually liked the hobbit. An unexpected journey was comfy as fuck

I feel there are a lot more tards that will go see this just because. but they'll pay and whine later.

Yeah they didn't. Men want to see her in distress and in skimpy outfits not running around pretending to be a 110 pound badass.

Sup Forums generally is a place where manchild taste gets shit on

Rebbit is the manchilds dream

i cant understand people that obsess over the most mainstream and vanilla things, like star wars, superman, bacon and weed.

don't you feel uneasy when you realize there's pretty much nothing unique about you?

or do you tell yourself "no one is special anyways, so why bother"?

She is right tho. No life neckbeards go watch it anyway

>he fucking believes this

Truth is male Star Wars fans are so laughably beta that they will still go anyway, and put up with this abuse. It's like the Nintendo diehards who will buy any shit like Amiibos.

You do know that no matter how a woman acts or looks, men will still love her, right?

>Go to rebbit
>Thousands of upvotes for zelda, star wars, superheros
>Go to Sup Forums
>Get shit on endlessly for the same stuff

Wew, I don't even like star wars but this has to be the most hipster thing I've read all day.
People don't like things to feel special.

You're missing the point
He's wondering if people with 100% mainstream/vanilla taste are even aware of how boring or stupid they are

>People don't like things to feel special.
Sometimes they do. Or at least to feel like they belong.

>someone happening to like star wars means they have 100% mainstream taste

>all these crying babymen
lel
based kathleen kennedy is easily the best thing to ever happen to star wars

>Go to Sup Forums
>Get shit on endlessly no matter what you like

If you LOVE star wars, obsess over the EU,or get emotionally involved in how good new Star wars movies are then yeah you're completely tasteless

I don't mean like, I mean obsess. I mean the people that tag themselves as "geeks" and "gamers", yet they only have a superficial interest, just enough to enjoy the social benefits of belonging to a massive group of people.

Look at all these youtubers that do movie reviews, their walls plastered with star wars, gamer and 80s blockbusters shit. If they had a real interest in their "field of expertise", they would quickly realize things like star wars and harry potter are literally designed to make money by appealing to the largest possible audience, everything else is an afterthought.

>>male nerds will watch any star wars movie that comes out until they die
It's dangerous to take that for granted.

You can get away with it a few times, but it will bite you in the ass eventually.

What if the woman you love starts acting like a dude and tries to be a badass towards you? Would that turn anyone on that's not a beta bi-sexual genderfluid numale? No.

>hurries over to marvel thread to chortle about dc cucks

Why do you people watch this bullshit anyway? It has disneys name on it now fot fuck sake and george lucas is gone from it. If you care about star wars anymore youre a loser.

elaborating further because I have to leave right now:

if you truly care about film and still can't stop talking about star wars, like those fucking losers at RLM, then you're not authentic. you're doing it for the money, you know that you could make a difference in people's lives by recommending films that will, at the very least, make them think.

now, if you think you're a hardcore fan of star wars and don't really care to look past it and enjoy more meaningful and rewarding entertainment, then you just don't care enough. you have no passion in you. if you don't have passion or authenticity you're most likely a shitty, boring person.

it's hilarious

>popular blockbuster film well liked by normies
>becomes obscure due to years passing by
>nerds find it, nerd guys like it
>nerd girls want to know what the deal is about, they bring their chad boyfriends who then pretend to like it
>'nah, this movie would be better if we see something like...'
>original nerds move away from it because now is just normie shit
>"we don't need to cater to the fanbase that made this movie series great" says the hambeast
>suddenly the movies are shit and no one is going to watch them because they are not fun and mysterious and fantastic, they are just a vehicle for politics.

fuck them and any one who watches this shit.

It's actually pretty smart when you think about it. Make a show catering to stronk womyn who don't need no men. So feminists that they can do things without the need of men. If and when the show gets canceled you can blame men for it's failure.

A good example is Girls. It lasted 4 seasons and trust me, no one, will remember it or Lena Dunham in 10 years.

That's OK. I don't need to cater to they're wallets.

I hope she's strapped in tight for when Disney execs come knocking about why the fuck she's trying to alienate their main demographic.

We all love a faux outrage to get self righteous about, but to Disney shekels>"progressiveness" every time

Judging from the idiot they hired as screenwriter, the main point of the new movie is to shit as much as possible on the old fandom.

Isn't she the woman who couldn't get Shia Lebpuef's name right?

Kek.

Its stockholm syndrome. Sooner or later they'll break though. Personally, I'm going to go out of my way to convince all my friends not to waste money on these shit-tier movies. I'd rather see practically anything over these uncreative messes.

Their main demographic has demonstrated for decades they have no standards and will throw their money at anything with a star wars logo slapped on.

I mean just look at the EU comics, worse writing than sonic fanfic.

shut up homosex

I don't much will change with until this trilogy is over. Then when the new one starts up, people might finally realize it's just a cash grab and stay home.

>the first male fantasy safe space is being invaded by women

Shocker

Most of the men paying to go see Star Wars are bluepilled and don't know any better. They don't even realize how much of a soulless cash grab infused with SJW kikery the franchise is now.

I'd really like to see this eat shit to cap off a banner year of meme magic

>tfw they're too big to fail

If you're a male nerd loser I dunno how you haven't switched to anime and manga, at least they cater to their demographic

In 2016 western nerd culture has turned it's back on you, it's for feminists and ethnic minorities now

I don't get why they're pushing these new Star Wars movies for the female and minority demographics so hard.

I can't even think of a single girl I've met who likes Star Wars, and even if they're wearing a Star Wars t-shirt or something, they usually have only seen attack of the clones and couldn't name more than a couple characters. Same with minorities, although there are definitely many exceptions if they're men.

COME BACK, GEORGE ALL IS FORGIVEN

I unironically have a very real respect for him now.

I blame high school jocks for it. They stopped bullying nerds for like 1 generation and instead started playing CoD with them and this is what happens.

What? How? This Disney dreck is awful, but George is a lazy fat aspie who probably couldn't be bothered to get off the couch to make another movie.

We need to start a campaign to get kids to bully nerds again

It's the only way

they tortured him into quitting. like 10 straight years of fucking with him telling him he ruined star wars.

No, Star Wars fans bullied him into quitting

This is what they get

That's because it previously pandered to them.
When something goes your way, cognitive dissonance makes it difficult to analyse flaws in something you like, which is where fanboy mentalities come from.

However, when a discord hits, you start being more willing and able to give a critical look at things, and that's why this is a retarded idea to introduce that discord by actively attacking them, or stating you'll ignore them.
Using their demographic as a given only works if you continue to pander to them while bringing others in.
If you actively attack them, you'd better be damn sure you're making a product that will survive the scrutiny its goi g to then get, because otherwise it will get picked apart.

Given that Disney wants to turn this into a decades long franchise, they absolutely don't want to lose their slavish base, because, as you said, they're the ones that eat shit and demand more.
Sure, chances are the sequel trilogy and the first few spin offs will make a mint no matter what they do, but if they cause enough discord while doing so, they'll get diminishing returns.

George may not have made a good film in a long while, but at least he tried to create something a new in each movie. TFA is just a shitty version of IV.

>That's because it previously pandered to them.
And? What's wrong with that? It's called demographics. I don't expect chick flicks to pander to me.