/City Pop/

Who /citypop/ here? It's honestly the only genre of music that I actively enjoy listening to as of right now.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=W9sxKjq44AA
youtube.com/watch?v=Q2QUngVGxmE
youtube.com/watch?v=nhuNb0XtRhQ
youtube.com/watch?v=S6cdnxNRnQc
youtube.com/watch?v=uQ9nsr9YoCQ
youtube.com/watch?v=xXEfay6aAjg
youtube.com/watch?v=AS-uE1bBQqs&index=5&list=PL-TnLeBlPtVu8Dr1GVLcn_ITuGB27tX4P
youtube.com/watch?v=idipMrfAZHk
soundcloud.com/acquiredtaste93/late-night-hotline
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Any recs?

tatsuro Yamashita- For You
youtube.com/watch?v=W9sxKjq44AA
Junko Ohashi- I Love You So
youtube.com/watch?v=Q2QUngVGxmE
Takoko Mamiya
youtube.com/watch?v=nhuNb0XtRhQ
I else definitely recommend checking out the rest of her work
Tomoko Aran- Hitonatsu no Tapestry
youtube.com/watch?v=S6cdnxNRnQc

This should at least give you an idea of what the genre generally sounds like, and you can explore from there if you like the sound.

city pop is great. hope this thread takes off. i don't personally have much to contribute but i enjoy makoto matsushita

I have only listened to For You and Pacific so far but I very much enjoy both of them. My commute's been pretty long the past few months a couple days a week, and the relaxing, laid back feel of the music's great for a far more tired me.

Pacific is awesome. I haven't listened to it in a while cause i feel like it's a summer album. actually i feel like city pop in general is summer music so idk if i'll listen to the music itt rn

youtube.com/watch?v=uQ9nsr9YoCQ
Hey OP,
this is my favourite citypop album by Anri, hope you enjoy the rec!

X'S AND O'S
DON'T YOU KNOW

youtube.com/watch?v=xXEfay6aAjg

City Pop is the emperor's wearing no clothes of music. Literally the dead end of crate digging.

OP here, I have heard of Anri before. My first exposure to her was off a compilation.
youtube.com/watch?v=AS-uE1bBQqs&index=5&list=PL-TnLeBlPtVu8Dr1GVLcn_ITuGB27tX4P

I am not sure if you have heard "flashing night" by her yet, but I think it is great.

>nip shit
disregarded

what does this mean

kys

Takako Mamiya -Love Trip

not city pop but thought i'd mention that these bad boys' discography finally got added to spotify a few weeks ago. pretty major imo, might mean other sony-absorbed japanese labels might be up on spotify now

seppuku y'self
gozaimas

youtube.com/watch?v=idipMrfAZHk

I love vaporwave :)

Tatsuro Yamashita was very good. I even recognized that song, towards the end, that was used in a lot of samples a few years back during the vaporwave boom. I'm going to have to check out the RYM custom chart and give a deeper dive into the genre.

City pop is great. Makes for good atmospheric vape as well

soundcloud.com/acquiredtaste93/late-night-hotline

soulless music for soulless soyboys