What went so wrong?

What went so wrong?

Literally nothing. The show is as good as Top Gear ever was. It's literally, unironically the same exact show. The only people who hate it are assmad yurofags who can't afford Amazon prime because their entire income goes to paying the BBC for their tv licenses so they have to complain about America every two minutes to make their shit lives feel slightly better.

Hammond survived the dragster crash

The writers of BBC are superior to whatever band of idiots they hired for this shit.

Last episode had less then 10% car content in it by the way, enjoy your shitty "comedy" show with no-cars I guess.

the third episode was much better but it still had the annoying 'forced confrontation' crap the dumb yanks need.
That episode would have been brilliant if Hammond didn't completely act it up. I know he has stated he finds culture boring but it was overkill with the 'muh american muh power' crap especially with the speedboat rubbish. Also they went to all these fantastic cities and really brushed over them. Especially Venice.
Is it just me who would love a show of James and Jeremy touring Italy seeing the cities?

they literaly had a top gear episode about that. It was called the perfect road trip

But the perfect road trip was Clarkson and Hammond

sorry it was Hammond not may but still

>the perfect road trip
>Hammond involved and no James
>both times
and they were both shit. Closest thing we got was James and Jeremy doing that 'worst car in the world' special

That's funny, considering it's the same writers.

Give them a break, they're still adjusting to new ownership

The new track is shit. The new driver is shit.

No more shitty interviews.

Overall, I give it a great/10.

It's just British inferiority complex at work. They love the BBC but when an American company owns their favorite care show, they throw a fit.

They just need to get the whole American thing out of their system. They keep treating it like an elephant in the room when they shouldn't.

murrican here

>choice of driver is completely horrendous, no idea why they chose a nascar driver to make epic country analogies no one uses or finds funny, and this is coming from a Texan from a ranch property
>track looks like they had $50 left over to rent
>first episode joke about the royal air force had me cringe so hard I nearly had an aneurism, and then the cut take editing to make it look like they fought a couple of times made me cringe even harder
>other than that the trio seems to be doing very well, and it was a good idea not to outright copy the Stig trope/joke

>Americans are so dumb they can't greentext properly
Max cringe

Not enough challenges where they drive around in cheap cars, too many over-produced sportscar-commercials.

Literally the only reason to watch Top Gear was the challenges with cheap cars. When the rest was on you switched over to another channel.

Nothing, really, but a lot of things are worse than Top Gear.
>studio stuff
>forced confrotation and accidents and whatnots for sake of "comedy"
Otherwise it is same or better than old TG

Everybody keeps talking about it as if it was people using a known formula, but it isn't exactly the case.
This isn't the same production and writing team that worked on Top Gear (the staff is completely different, deep down Clarkson, Hammond and May are actors more than anything) so it does make sense that they would need some time to check what does and doesn't work, what ideas can be used to what extent (like the RAF joke being dragged, the war segment being made into a two-part bit when it would have had a better timing as a one-part, the reoccuring jokes still being very much in-progress)
The whole thing is still in its hard phase of seeing if people actually like the recipe, then will come the tweaks. Ideally, as is the case for any show, two seasons or three are necessary to find your mark and create a proper formula.

Looks like they're improving now. They've removed the American from the power lap, still has the celebrity death but it's a small skit now.

What's the point in the guest star segment? it's not funny after the first time. by now I just want to see them do a normal show

They are called redditors.

Top Gear was always blatantly scripted and people that complain about TGT appearing scripted obviously never watched Top Gear at all.

Top Gear's segments were scripted but large bits of the dialog was improvized, which is how it could at point make you forget that everything was infact acted rather than lived.
So far, TGT feels very much like most of it is fully scripted, and it feels more artificial in result.

Terrible scripted banter and lacks the production quality and cinematography of the bbc series.

edgy