What are your views on wearing headphones in public?

What are your views on wearing headphones in public?

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/y9Tm9sE
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I see it as a subtle but clear way of saying "I want to be left alone, please don't talk to me". They also protect me from the high volume of noise in my city, whenever I travel without headphones it surprises me how many everyday sounds hit my pain threshold.

I wear headphones in public. Where else am I supposed to wear them? If I'm home I'll just use speakers. And lol @ using earbuds.

perfect for when you're on public transit or catching a flight, basically it's great if you're on the go with it. but if you wear it to a coffee house or some other place where you're just sitting around for a while, that's kind of lame, you might as well just be home and listening on some speakers.

Public? What's that? Do you go.... outside?

Do you guys have the cord on the outside or the inside of your jacket/sweater?

outside since it's connected to my phone, which is constantly going in and out of pockets.

Usually inside

What if there's a terrorist attack?!

Because not wearing headphones would totally save me from a bullet or a car bomb.

probability of it is so low that when it happens you're just unlucky and probably will die no matter if you have headphones

You can wear whatever you want if you're good looking.

Or a shooting or anything, probability is fucking high, what planet do you live on? I won't be in that situation and not be able to hear because I've got Prince on full volume. I need to be able to hear so I can run. And fuck not having all my senses focused in public, there are too many cuties everywhere to chat with, too many opportunities.

i see lots of coloured folk doing it so it must be pretty cool

>implying anons are able to talk to girls

This is the biggest soypost I've read in my life.

I'd be alright with it if I didn't live in such a big city, where traffic is an actual issue. At that point using earbuds is useful because that way I can least keep myself aware of cars when crossing streets without having to take off the phones. Though at home or in places such as airports I tend to wear them.

I hate wearing earbuds. Always covered in earwax.

I am out in public being guided by my dick, moving through the city and each day has opportunities for fucking or chilling with strangers or whatever happens. The headphones would distract the hell outta my shit, I gotta hear. That's everything.

>probability is fucking high

Coloured folks can wear anything and be cool

Like the other day I was at the Duane Reade and had a long talk about sushi which lead to a blowjob after she got off work and then fucking in the morning. Everywhere people in public are dying to fuck. People with headphones are scared of fucking.

It’s called “you’re a fucking moron who is prone to walk or bike into shit because he or she loses his or her spatial awareness by not being able to listen to the environment around them, and is therefore highly inconsiderate to his or her fellow citizens for being a dipshit”

He looks retarded.

i want both of you to never go outside again. kthx

I'm only out in public to buy some bread or a pair of shoes or something and need to flirt with employees or the comic at the club, or the girly in the library- so I can fuck or get my dick sucked. There's no way headphones can come into the equation.

it's impossible to concentrate on music. People who wear headphones in public just show that they are plebs.

The bigger the better

So you want the person who uses headphone in public to stay inside, and also the person who doesn't use headphones in public? I don't even.

>it's impossible to concentrate on music
What?

>I just found out about the latest meme today

Especially this time of yeae, Christmas music everywhere and hotties in boots and scarves and snuggly and trying to get their holiday fuck on, one more fling before the year's end, someone to eat their pussy on Christmas Eve.

in city you must interact with the world + there is a lot of of noise. How can you concentrate on art in this environment?

Plus music effects my feeling and therefore ability to pick up on a vibe, like 'is there a cutie here with a "need to fuck" vibe' and if I got Bowie in my ear singin about coke, it's gonna fuck up my whole game.

are you retarded? Some of the greatest experiences listening to music are to be had out in the world

Exactly. Contextualising music by listening to it in different environments can have HUGE impact on how it's perceived.

doubling this, i have some really great memories which involve beautiful scenery and great music

I listen to the music OF the world, specifically the sweet sound of her phone ringing to ger my digits in her contacts and "call me later" or the fresh music of "buy me a drink" and the real listening to music comes from a speaker while my dick is pounding her. Headphones = no pussy

Inside. I always manage to catch in on shit

>posting on Sup Forums while pretending to have enough game for half the male population
I know this is the equivalent of just swallowing a hook with no bait, but in all honest you're fooling no one.

Do you even like music? I'm glad girls text you. When they text me when I'm out on a walk listening to an album I ignore them and respond later.

You do realize that people take of the headphone when talking to people, right?

Why can't I post about fucking? It's my first time on this site, my friend linked me here because there are posts about my music, but I felt stupid looking at them and was not going to interfere so decided to post over here because I'm bored. Do you really think nobody on here has a girl? C'mon. Is it only young people on the site?

>Why can't I post about fucking? It's my first time
we can tell

Never happened to me even once.
Qtips user.. use them.

You guys are funny. Are you really in disbelief that guys and girls hook up all the time and it's easy? Is this like only Weird Science nerds post here?

>i can't simulate different environments in my head while peacefully sitting at home

are you retarded

Always inside. My headphones have a long ass cord so it's annoying when I try to use my phone and the cord it's hanging near the ground

A bunch of teenage boys who feel badass because they fucked a girl and an army of grown up virgins fighting.
What the fuck happened to this poor place?

>having a view on wearing headphones besides just wearing them
Austist?

Fucking under my shirt even

When I shoot up your city I'm only gonna aim for people with headphones on

they're all bots

Let me know in advance so I can get the biggest, most obvious headphones on the market.

When the hoodie is up.. you can't tell. This is why I wear hoodies to work.

Could you elaborate on this claim please? It's not unbelievable but pretty unlikely to say the least. And why would bots "choose" to argue about such topics?

>happened

bots want you to go to Duane Reade to get your fuck on

Approaching a random women in public is sexual harrassment. There are situations where it's appropriate (clubs, bars).On the streets, in public transportation or similiar, it's not.

Learn it, pig.

dick, if a girl working at a store wants to flirt with you, it's not sexual harassment. this is how normal people hook up in a city.

It's only for autismos

discord.gg/y9Tm9sE

I find it hard to listen to music in public

I can't do the "listen to music as background music" thing. If I listen to something I like it takes up my entire brain space and I end up walking into traffic or something

So what if I'm autistic and have a fear of intimacy.

Eat a dick.

Yes happened, because even a year ago the situation was not that level of terrible. Sup Forums has managed to become even worse in just a few months which is quite surprising.
There's a clear difference before last christmans and now.

it is typically indicative of a desire to listen to music

for real, i have made threads about this and others agree. it is like fucking oh my god how did this happen there's real taylor swift fans here and it's never going to come back

It's the ultimate beta boy accessory.

Itt: newfags

Been here since 2005 and all of Sup Forums has always been garbage

The flavor of garbage just changes from time to time

If you are approached by a woman that's a completely different situation. But a woman could feel intimitated if you approach her which makes the conversation potentially non-consensual.

there was some attempt as actual discussion and definitely levels of intelligence you could work with, like, maybe two months ago. something scared a lot of people away too because it's so fucking slow

You can always have that, just stay clear from retarded shitposts like this entire thread if you want that

i'm talking about smiling and chatting with a person working in a store in a polite manner and discovering there is mutual interest and something there. it happens. there are actual good people out there who are so charming and talk and get flirty and you can end up dating the girl who works at the video store.

This is the truth. Real happiness comes with acceptance of ones love for the garbage. You bougie bitch.

I use wireless headphones, but i would probably have it outside

but my point is that ALL THERE IS IS RETARDED POSTS. and the discussion threads are pure argument and totally insane bullshit for 300 posts. once upon a time, it was different. a subtle difference if you consider all the garbage, but a difference enough that i have no interest in the board anymore and i have posted here for a decade. it's really truly fucking dead. all the people i know who used to come here are gone, they had enough.

that's masochistic horse pucky and you know it. this site fucking sucks. but if you like to torture yourself...

It's one step above playing video games in public.

I wear them in transit but I would never wear them walking about

Wrong. Having headphones and walking around makes life way better and more interesting.

When I played through Souvlaki by Slowdive for the first time in full it was when I slowly walking through a small forrest, one of the best experiences of my life. So blissful. 10/10, would recommend.

Also get some Audio Technica's, best headphones by far. Sennheiser's are okay too though but a bit overpriced.

I wear my full size headphones at the grocery and at work
Few other people at work starting bringing full size headphones too
>tfw trendsetter

How retarded and lacking spacial awareness must you be to actually hit stuff just because of listening to music? I've been doing days long bike trips with headphones constantly on my ears and never had a single accident. If go under a car or something that's because you're daydreaming moron who can't keep attention to the world around him, not because of headphones

I use IEMs in public. Wearing your "cans" in public makes you look like a dipshit, not to mention the cables are usually thicker and more unwieldy.

I always wear my Audeze in public.