Escape from New York prequel is happening

Are you ready to see another John Carpenter classic get raped?

>Our bad guy won’t be the Duke of New York. Instead, he’s the lean, intensely charismatic Thomas Newton, the playboy heir to an agrochemical and biotech corporation.
>The role originated by Lee Van Cleef will now be played by a woman.
>New York City isn’t a maximum security prison. In the reboot, New York is breathtakingly lovely. Manhattan is the island we know, but with more towering glass structures and a high, undulating glass wall. The sky is alive with drones as serene as bees, and artificial intelligence controls all in the form of an ethnically ambiguous, cheery young woman called April. A small staff of technicians and researchers known as “Seers” monitor all.
>Globally, one in every seventy five human begins is now either a refugee, internally displaced, or seeking asylum.
>A hurricane is coming. It’s called Superstorm Ellery.
>April’s security won’t be as good as everyone hoped. That will make the whole city vulnerable.
>Snake has only eleven hours to complete his mission. In the original film, he had 22 hours. Plissken’s mission is to bring in Newton alive.

thewrap.com/escape-from-new-york-remake-story-details/

>There are new details surfacing behind Twentieth Century Fox reboot of John Carpenter‘s 1981 cult-classic Escape From New York, but there are two very important elements that are missing from the reports.
>First, and more importantly, it’s going to act as a prequel to Carpenter’s film, while the second, which could be changed by the time filming begins, is that Snake Plissken will not have eye eyepatch.
>The prequel is to reboot the franchise much like Fox did with Planet of the Apes, setting up a trilogy that leads into the classic film, but is also in canon.

bloody-disgusting.com/movie/3416557/escape-new-york-will-prequel-exclusive/

Who's playing Plissken?

Call him Snake.

All I can say is leave it alone!

sounds like another soulless sci-fi schlock movie that Hollywood has been pumping out for years, I'll give it a pass

STOP WITH THE FUCKING / REBOOTS / SEQUELS / PREQUELS / RESEQUELS / PRESEQUELS / REMAKES / REMASTERS / ADAPTIONS /

Underrated

The name's Plissken.

Fuck this this shit, I don't need a fucking reboot or a fucking prequel, those are stupid ideas of someone who hasn't even watched the original.

Call him Bob

Good. The original was a cornucopia of misogyny and racism. I'm glad studios are finally atoning for their mistakes and diversifying "cherished classics" enjoyed by sexist, homophobic pigs.

The original sucked anyway so who cares? Just another movie to ignore.

>inb4 it gets a complete remake with a female lead

It really wasn't.

a remake that's actually a prequel to a Carpenter classic? HOW ORIGINAL

Doomsday

Hasn't been announced. Knowing Hollywood, they'll get either some charisma-vacuum who has the acting skill of a rock, like Jai Courtney, or some pretty boy who won't be able to capture the grittiness of Snake, like Zac Efron.

There's been attempts to reboot/make sequels of Escape since, I think before 2008. I wouldn't bother getting riled up about this until there's confirmations that actual filming has started.

Kill yourself.
I know you're memeing but there are probably feminists who actually believe this shit
>bad guy is black
>female love interest dies two minutes after being introduced
>Maggie wears a skimpy outfit that shows off her cleavage
It saddens me that if Escape from New York came out now idiots would be triggered by it.

Yeah but previous attempts to reboot Escape from New York never secured funding. This shit has secured funding. It looks like it's gonna happen unless some sort of freak accident happens.

May as well get the Rock to star in it, he's already doing the Big Trouble remake and I'm sure he can fit in another 10 movies to star in.

>Snake with Rock's cheesy grin

HE'S WHAT?

Oh, you didn't know?

Tell me it is not true, please.

Well, nothing has happened yet but there was talks and the Rock was confirmed attached to star. He even made some comments about it and how they would do justice to the original. Who really knows though.

>remaking Big Trouble with the Rock
>not Captain Ron

Yup, a Big Trouble in Little China remake is happening. A director hasn't been announced yet, Ashley Miller and Zack Stentz are gonna write it, Dwayne will play Jack Burton. Dwayne says he wants John Carpenter to produce it but John hasn't shown much interest.

Who the FUCK thought this was a good idea?

Oh no.

Could be there's a chance it won't happen like all those rumors about an Escape from New York remake with Gerard Butler from years ago.

I remember those rumors, they wanted Len Wiseman to direct, I'm glad it never happened.

Do you have a version of that Snake Wojak that isn't stretched?

Here you, mate.

go*

Based user. Thanks!

Could you post enough2?

>Twentieth Century Fox
Should've guessed. They're the fucking worst.

>tfw these images are now more relevant than ever
Why can't Hollywood leave John Carpenter's classics alone? Instead of remaking his greatest work they should remake Vampires.

>Why can't Hollywood leave John Carpenter's classics alone
Because they never respected him, and they don't understand why he is one of the best American directors.

>prequel
>oh no the bad guy isn't the same
>oh no the city isn't a prison yet
>oh no the outside world is now hinted at as being overpopulated and socially chaotic. sounds like a society that would turn a city into a prison later on
>oh no snake hasn't lost an eye yet

I guess we'll get two years of manbabby crying about muh classic 80s B movie schlock. ooooh so nostalgic for a time period you weren't even around for.

Kys, this is not your faggy avenger or batman vs supermans flick, it's movie made by people who actually cared for what they were doing.

What? Vampires is fine, I wouldn't want one without James Woods in the lead.

Fuck off, you're purposely missing the social commentary of the first movie