Surely I'm not the only one who does this shit where they just keep albums open in the background to get to them later...

Surely I'm not the only one who does this shit where they just keep albums open in the background to get to them later and it takes ages to get through it all because you keep opening new stuff along the way.

what the fuck are you saying cunt

Surely, you use RYM.

what are you trying to gain from creating a thread about this

This is the image I meant to upload my mistake. I just wanted to know if other people discover music differently or have different ways of keeping track of what music they want to listen to.

Wtf I hate you now!

Why would you do it on youtube.

That's why am asking you guys. I think of an album I want to hear, or I find out about one, then I youtube that shit and play it when I finish listening to whatever I'm listening to. Obviously when I'm out and about I listen to my own library on my phone, but if you have ad block I see nothing wrong with youtube. (unless you're talking ethical reasons because of the fact artists won't make money from it.)

I hate the youtube interface plus I would rather give artists money even if it's only 3 cents. Also why don't you just put the albums in a playlist?

I end buying more CDs than I can listen to. I listen to like 3 CDs a week and end up buying 12 in the same week. Repeat this, it adds up. It's awful

It just seems like more effort than it's worth to put them in a playlist. I'd agree with you though that it's unethical. If it makes any difference, I pay for all the music I listen to from poor artists, but I'm not h i p enough to develop tastes for artists who haven't already gained a reputation.

I had a friend who lived in long beach, so he could just do this and sell them back to amoeba records and they'd give him a good amount.

Fuck, the exact same thing happes to me all the time. I found out about an album I wanna listen to, open a tab with on youtube, repeat until I've got like twelve tabs of albums.

why the fuck are you buying CDs? it's not 1998 anymore bro.

good troll

>Buying physical material before listening to the record online

people who have more than 4 tabs open at any given time deserve to be executed

>doesn't hoard tabs

filthy pleb

Youtube Cons:
No money for artists
Poor quality
Bad interface
Playlists are slow and buggy

Youtube pros

You get to look at the album art :-)

Youtube is a video sharing platform, not a streaming app.

This. Just book mark it like a patrician.

jesus fucking christ

I do that too though, that's what my "guud shit" folder is

no money for artists
I'm not a good person, I know that and I don't try to be a good person
poor quality
I can't distinguish anything above medium quality bit rate from one another. Call me a pleb, but that's just the truth
bad interface
ehh, it's completely tolerable if you're already using your computer for something, which is the case when I use youtube
playlists are slow and buggy
that's why you listen to full album streams

For as much as I love Amoeba, they're kinda bad with how much they'll give you for CDs. They're great at a lot of things, but they lowball when purchasing CDs off sellers. What did he typically do with his stuff and what did he typically sell to them?

I do. I crate dig though, so it's not always possible. If I see something I think is neat, I pull up track previews online on my phone while I'm in the store. If it sounds interesting, I'll pick it up. If it doesn't, I put it back. Sometimes though I can't find a lick of information online for an album, no less audio of it. I take a harmless gamble on those, the CD typically not costing more than a couple bucks

I just like a lot of music. Combining this with other things I hear or find out about through other means like radio stations, magazines, YouTube recommendations, Wikipedia page chains, finding an album from crate digging where I wanna now further explore the artist. Music spreads like a virus. I love it, but it's gonna kill me

As I recall, he used cassettes when he was younger, then switched to vinyl, but it may have been cd's. But he'd buy, from them, the music he wanted to hear, then sell them back after like a week, or just when he wanted to hear something else.