Go ahead and recommend people international films

Despite the fact that I like international cinema quite a lot, I still feel like there are thousands of good films out there I've never seen, or even heard of. All those European films, Asian films, and so on. It's a real shame they don't show these films on TV much, and some are quite hard to buy.

Let's say international is anything that isn't from an English-speaking country. No American, Canadian, Australian or British films.

Peirrot le Fou (French)
Betty Blue (French)
Little Thirteen (German)
Battle Royale (Japanese)
And Your Mother Too (Mexican)
Blue is the Warmest Colour (French)
Amelie (French)
Pan's Labyrinth (Spanish)
The Dreamers (Italian)
Chasing Beauty (Italian)
Spirited Away (Japanese)
Clip (Serbian)

That's a sad list...there are some good, and some excellent, films on that list, but pretty obvious. A lot have become popular internationally. I need to watch more internation films. Go ahead and post your own. Do we have a chart for this? I don't think Sup Forums ever made one, strange, because this board has made a lot of charts, a lot of which were good.

lol is that a kid

This board is a fucking joke.

BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRTTTTT

Unfortunately, no

lol

you just noticed? the 90% of this board are plebs who actually enjoy superheros films in their 30s.

This board is pretty bad for films, I admit. I can't believe how much they love superhero films. They like a lot of bad films. It wasn't always like this, though. Up until 2014, this board had a lot of film buffs who really knew their stuff, and taught me an awful lot at a time when I didn't know much about films (compared to a film buff). Now it's mostly people talking about popcorn flicks and TV. Goddamn TV threads about Jessie Jones and AGOT.

I wouldn't go that far, but it's not great, just an okay board.

the cranes are flying
forbidden games
last year at marienbad
the discreet charm of the bourgeoisie
balthazar
theorem

they're all pretty entry-level but i like them

>No American, Canadian, Australian or British films.
So Ireland's and New Zealand's films are okay? Because The Lord of the Rings is really good.

La Dolce Vita
Viridiana
Spring, Summer, Autumn, Winter and Spring
Incendies
Le Haine

>The Lord of the Rings is really good

I've been watching a lot of Italian cinema recently, mostly stuff from the 30s+40s, which has been quite interesting.

>Lo Squadrone Bianco (The White Squadron)
Guy goes to Libya to try to get over a woman who has been fucking him over. Goes to Libya and forms a broship with a captain. They go rebel hunting. Lots of really nice desert shots
>Gli uomini, che mascalzoni! (What scoundrels men are!)
One of the many films of the period featuring De Sica as an actor before his later celebrated career as a director. Quite a qt romcom
>La Signora di Tutti (Everybody's Woman)
Ophuls' only Italian film. The main character is a woman with whom every man seems to fall in love. This causes lots of problems and the opening of the film sees her slitting her wrists before flashbacks of everything that let up to that point
>La Terra Trema (The Earth Trembles)
Visconti's 2nd full length film (after Ossessione, which is also GOAT) loosely based on a novel by Verga about life in a Sicilian fishing village called I Malavoglia, which is an incredible novel on its own. Visconti's adaptation isn't completely faithful to the book, but is very good on its own merits.

And some more modern things:

>Habemus Papam
A comedy-drama about a cardinal who is elected pope against his wishes. Other Moretti films worth watching include "Il Caimano" a film about a film about Berlusconi. "Caro Diario" is quite good too.

>Io Sono Li (My Name is Li - There is a slight pun in the title because "Li" also means "Here" in Italian, so the title can also mean "I am here")
Focuses on the friendship between Li, a Chinese migrant worker woman, working in a cafe to pay for her son to come to Italy and Bepi, a Croatian fisherman. It's set in Venice and is really beautifully shot.
>Il Divo (The Divine One)
Don't have room to describe it in detail, but it's a biopic about a former Italian PM called Andreotti, who was charged with Mafia collusion.

It seems a lot better when you use filters

The Assassin (Chinese or Taiwanese)

> Lord of the Rings
> Kiwi

This board is fucking annoying sometimes. I mean, shit. I wish people here weren't so stupid. And people in Ireland don't speak English, they speak Irish you stupid loser. Gah. At least we're getting a few good recommendations (possibly).

You can imagine it is

TLOTR is new zeland-american and since the late nineteenth century, English has been the predominant first language in Ireland, displacing Irish.

Pensionat Oskar
Ond tro

Werckmeister Harmonies

o second this.
also

cronos.
aqi entre nos. (for a single scene but mhe)
phase 7.
el general no tiene quien le escriba.

these are all Spanish but good.
sad horror, slice of life, zombieish, artsy.