How many films have you seen Sup Forums from Sigh & Sound top 250 list? best honest please

strawpoll.me/11783864

letterboxd.com/alexfung/list/sight-sound-2012-critics-poll/
imdb.com/list/ls008765885/

Other urls found in this thread:

letterboxd.com/film/napoleon/
icheckmovies.com/lists/sight and sound critics top 250 2012/wayneschlegel/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

letterboxd.com/film/napoleon/
didn't know it existed

>Blade Runner
>The Wizard of Oz
>My Neighbor Totoro
>A New Hope
>The Grapes of Wrath
>Spirited Away

I'm surprided My Neighbor Totoro was on there. It's a fantastic kid's film, and on such a higher tier than artificial garbage like Wall-E, but as an overall film?

I guess I'm not one to judge, at least on this list.

108 out of 250.

I can't stand John Wayne though. Unless if a far better actor such as James Stewart, Robert Mitchum, Robert Montgomery, etc. are also in it.

It's difficult to say for sure because there are a lot of movies on here which I've only watched part of and turned them off because I didn't find them appealing, and then there are the ones I've watched to completion

191. Missing a lot of classic Hollywood and some Asian films.

24 that I know I've seen. Probably a few I missed or don't recall the name of.
I'm really bad at watching feature film since I usually want to do something else (reading, drawing, shitposting) simultaneously, so I usually keep to TV-shows.
You can judge me if you want.

>look at the list
>"what the fuck do I care about this shit?"
There.

84 and at least 20 of them were garbage

>15

Am I patrician yet?

also I'm ashamed I still haven't seen anything from Renoir, Cassavetes or Sayayit Ray or however its spelled

bump.

83 most of the rest are in my watchlist

>My Neighbor Totoro
>Star Wars
>Vertigo
>Wall-E
Fucking really? Wall-E is so overrated. If not for Ponyo, My Neighbor Totoro would be the worst Ghibli film. Star Wars is a dumb blockbuster
But as for fucking Vertigo... Vertigo is legitimately a terrible movie. Only one of the 54 ive seen from the list that i did not at least partially enjoy.

32 from your list

9. Deepest cut is Salo. Pretty embarrassing, but most of it's pretty goddamn old; if they made a list of films from 1970 onward I'd do much better as Duck Soup and The Wizard of Oz are the only two films on that list before 1970 I've seen, and my lord are they way before.

>got over 200 from the imdb top 250
>barely even 50 here

Maybe it's the pleb in me speaking, but a mixture of these two lists would be ideal, imdb is far, far too new, but Sound and Sight is far too early, the number of films less than 30 years old is absolutely tiny.

Make your own list. It also helps not to watch new stuff that isn't shit. Not necessarily ultra kino but at least good/not formulaic capeshit/blockbusters. There are some good mainstream movies.

Also my problem with those kind of list it's that it's always the usual suspect. No love for less known directors/movies from famous directors. Then of course a lot of the movies on the list, if not a vast majority, are actual masterpieces so I'm not complaining.

I actually watch film so I've seen all of them. I still don't understand how someone can be on a film board and not seen 250 of the most well known films ever made. It's like posting on a poker board when you're awful and make no money doing it. What the fuck insight do you think you idiots fucking have?

>LE ENDING WUZ EPIC!!!
>LE ENDING SUKED X(

Fuck off plebs

Considering that film has been a thing for almost 130 years and in reasonably high levels of production for nearly a century, it stands to reason that films from the past 30 years are in the minority here, to say nothing of reviewers being biased towards a lot of the same core classics.

59. I don't watch movies.

Fair, but far more movies are being released every year, not to mention that people can make ultra low budget films. Films like Tangerine simply could not exist before a few years ago.

just counted 104

It seems like a great list, and i look forward to seeing more of them, but i'm also glad i've seen a lot of various other films

bump

27, I probably have half of them downloaded and cbf watching them

What's with all the Charlie Chaplin and Buster Keaton?

>what's with all the kino in a top films list
ikr

But aren't they mostly just slapstick comedy? I feel like this list was made by a bunch of nostalgic grandpas.

They're still funny and hold up though.

>aren't they mostly just slapstick comedy?

No, very innovative filmmaking as well

>still haven't seen anything from Renoir
wow, I'm at 48 and have you beat there

I was talking with a film professor who's in their 60's; we kept mentioning movies that neither of us had seen and they said "well, you can't see everything"

and it's true. Unless you're one of those once in a million cinephiles like Edgar Wright or Patton Oswald you're not going to see everything. Think of your favorite filmmaker; they didn't see everything either.

I've seen 161 of these. I have a lot of work to do but I discounted some that I've seen more than 10 years ago or only watched halfway through.

Wow this is really making me think

All of them, and I own most of them on BD.

>icheckmovies.com/lists/sight and sound critics top 250 2012/wayneschlegel/

I've seen 25, and of those 25 maybe 10 actually deserve to be on there. I recognize most of the other films just haven't seen them yet.

last bump.

108 not great

Mulholland Dr should have gotten more of Blue Velvet's votes

>Mostly Kurosawa, Kubrick, Tarkovsky, Godard and Bergman movies

Down the shitter it goes

>Fucking really? Wall-E is so overrated.

And the rest of the movies on that list aren't? Most of these "classic Hollywood" movies just aren't very good and are only considered masterpieces because of nostalgiafags.

I've seen 63 and out of those I only really enjoyed around ten of them.

84. There's still a lot to watch.

kys