Overrated?

overrated?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=96MxID3GK4c
youtu.be/uHB_fvzQMNs
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

of course, like all Sup Forumscore albums, well, except King Crimson... thats good, the rest, all shit, mostly rap and this intelectual shit

It's shit so yes.

i listened to it 3 times and don't get it

No.

No.

Absolutely.

there's nothing to get. its a mediocore album overhyped by hipsters, so they would feel like they have superior taste in music

I could listen to it ten times in a row, so no.

checked

No, it's a fantastic album and it influenced countless works. Also, what do you consider overrated? If you think about it, the general public doesn't know this even existed.

>countless works
name at least 5 good albums that it influenced then

you haven’t talked about the music at all here, just generalisations about the “hipsters” (whoever that means) who listen to it.

aka you didn’t listen to it.

well this is mid 70's crimson goes emo so I don't know why you wouldn't like this album

all music is overrated. there are no good albums.

This.

I did listen to it. Can you explain to me why is it such an exceptional album?

Every post-rock album made after its release (you can include Godspeed, Mogwai and early Sigur Ros in this).

I’m not the user you’re replying to, but “name x albums” is such a dumb response. It assumes all bands and all albums list their influences, and ignores what a seminal album like this does to the overall sound of the genre, rather than direct “we listened to a lot of Slint and it’s in this album” references.

Whatever album I mention you will greentext "implying that's a good album" or something along the lines just to defend your contrarian opinion.

>Every post-rock album made after its release (you can include Godspeed, Mogwai and early Sigur Ros in this).
He said good.

wow what a surprise

My sides, like fucking clockwork. You faggots are so predictable.

There is a major between being a contrarian for the sake of contrarianism, and being actually knowledgeable about music and avoiding basic bitch garbage because there is much better music out there.

How's high school treating you?

what’s your favourite post-rock album, user?

That's kinda pathetic and laughable

So you cant name a single album that was influenced by spiderland. Just as I expected

How much of a contrarian hispter do you have to be to call "Spiderland" basic bitch garbage. Not obscure enough for you? You don't feel special listening to it becuase some people know about it?

Dude you gottem xDDDDDDD

Any conversations involving the words overrated or underrated are always bad conversations. Everybody should just do themselves and everyone else a favor and stop talking about overrated/underrated things.

>I can make anything sound stupid by memeing "Dude" and "xDDD"

t. soyboy

Your post was fucking retarded.

Yep

yeah

Rodan - Rusty
Duster - Stratosphere
GY!BE
Mogwai
Sigur Ros

Do you guys like this animation I did of the drummer kid? The base video is taken from the Demo on yt. had to post it on wsg cause audio is disabled on this board

fuck it I'll just post it here without the sound

Overrated here but underrated everywhere else

>except King Crimson

Accurately rated.
It is at least one of the best underground rock albums of all time. closest anyone has got to making a punk equivalent of TMR.

Band, yes.

Spiderland, fuck no.

cool, i love that drummer

> dear diary, why does nobody on my mongolian knitting forum agree with my superior opinion? I am intellectually progressive for my time and if given the opportunity, I'm sure I could write Nevermind, Sgt Pepper and Kid A 100x better in one album, and it wouldn't even be popular or normie because I'm amazing. Gosh, I wish I could suck my own dick diary. I just wish these inferior beings would just understand that they will never rise up to my level of thought when it comes to melodic interpretation...

not the same person but for me, at first I didn't like it either. then somehow i started listening to the drums and how they worked together with the other instruments and then i realized its true form

I'm interested, what is this?

Looks like someone animated over a video of the band practicing Good Morning, Captain. Here's the source kind of
> youtube.com/watch?v=96MxID3GK4c

Yo yeah I animated it. I'm trying to build content for my website, lookallover. Sorry if this is just plain shilling. Mods are my witnesses Im not samefagging at least
youtu.be/uHB_fvzQMNs

Bro that's pretty cool, you should definitely keep that up

Thank you man

this album was irrelevant for over 20 years. the only reason you know about it now is because of the internet

this 100% desu