How come Japan, a country of 100 million, consistently makes better music than China, a country of 1.4 billion

How come Japan, a country of 100 million, consistently makes better music than China, a country of 1.4 billion

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Vk9Rhn0pEWc
youtube.com/watch?v=YtPsTieXSfI
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Japanoise_artists
youtube.com/watch?v=3R3dNZkiNCo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

pop music was banned in china for quite a while.

Japan consumes a lot more soy and anime with traps in them

Imagine being this delusional

chinese are one of the least creative peoples

Chinese people, more so than other asians, are closer to bugs or robots than actual humans. japs had strong American influence which helped them creatively

pretty sure the government will kill you if you make anything too far out there, or at least it's hard to get funding for anything that doesn't align with the regime?
idk for sure tho

*blocks your path*

lower birth rate more depression??
Depression makes better music.

Freedom and exposure to good bands

Why do you talk like this??

Heres a good chinese artist

youtu.be/Vk9Rhn0pEWc

Has anything ever good come out of China?

>Tokyo

Cui Jian

dead commies

They make some enjoyable B movies.

>Depression makes better music.

nice meme

>What is 70 years of government oppression

Japanese music is literally garbage tier

t. eigo sensei

Whatever you think you know about Japanese music n the West you don't. They are literally hyper-normies. Less than 0% of people are interested in listening to anything besides what the crowd is listening to. They are massive conformists. There are mega-corporations behind every act. Anyone interested in doing anything remotely interesting needs to get an audience outside of Japan. It's a consumerist, conformist wasteland.

>implying depressed musicians aren't terrified of improving mentally at the cost of their creativity

Sounds loony but artists are fucking weird.

Practically everything you own, pigdog.

Ord Gate
The fishmans
Meiko kaji
The end theme to cowboy bebop

Walk around any city in Japan asking if they know any of that. The answer will be no since none of those are AAA or Big Bang.

I actually like Kyary Pamyu Pamyu but whatever.

>good

What is the point of your argument? It's so broad you can insert any city and it'd be correct

imagine being such a loser that you decide to teach english in japan

The point is that the artists you mentioned were hardly native Japanese. Fishmans were signed to Polydor. Music made by and marketed towards Japanese is trash.

I mean you're right desu

Some normie japs don't even know what hentai is, what's your point?
Japs are pretty good with experimentation and cover everything from shoegaze to weird doom metal to punk-pop. Kyary was so good, Lady Gaga basically stole her entire gimmick and no one knew.

I wasn't the other guy.

You can still eat sumdat shit though.

communism.
Far left pussification without the free spiritedness combined with the worst aspects of the far right.

>Japs ... cover everything
Exactly. It's the only thing they're capable of, and it all sounds obviously secondhand. There's barely such a thing as a "Japanese Style" since they hardly every include elements of their folk music (which is actually great), and their popular music is entirely derivative of Western music.

Holy shit, you actually like Midori.

he's playing in tokyo but he's the most famous harsh noise artist in china

I dunno basically all the communist regimes have been about hard-nosed labour, famine and self-sacrifice.

Capitalism was as well of course until it gradually grew a middle class where overweight autistic adults can wank themselves into oblivion. Capitalism in general caters more to hedonism and stupidity.

>and it all sounds obviously secondhand.
Not really. Japs add their own style to the experimental stuff.

Go listen to Weekend Fly To The Sun by Toshiki Kadomatsu and tell me it sounds second class. Japs are exceptionally good at jazz as well.

>Holy shit, you actually like Midori.

Oh shit user looks like you got me. Now I have to acknowledge that you're correct for some fuckin reason

>Japs are exceptionally good at jazz as well.
I'll never understand how this is the case, but its true. It seems opposite of what you would expect knowing how Japanese people and how their minds work.

How come the UK, with a population of 66 million, consistently makes better music than any other country in the world?

It's cloudy

Everything you say is true (albeit maybe a little exaggerated), but that doesn't mean there aren't some really good outliers that just don't get good media attention/any appreciation.
And fuck you, Midori is great.

Don't be a fucking sperg, you weeb. I think the album is shit and that Japanese music is in general the worst out of all developing countries but you're entitled to your opinion, too. I'm speaking from my experience which is disillusioned by the rampant conformism that I witness on a day-to-day basis here.

My dude do you even know what a sperg is?

If you're assuming this because Japs are "naturally orderly" and unable to deviate/improvise then you're a pea brain.

>das land ohne musik
england sucked ass at music until pop music came along since they're simplistic inbred island hobbit-folk

Is it tallying arguments and who admits what on Sup Forums?

why are you so filled with hatred?

>who is britten
>who is elgar

No shit, the same thing would happen if you walked around an American city asking if people knew MBV.

You've obviously never worked with Japanese people because its fucking true that they suck at deviation and improvisation unless it structurally and logically follows. Even in the creative industries they are really bad at coming up with original ideas but great at improving and finessing them.

>who is britten
always bad and also a gay pedophile
>who is elgar
mostly bad but sometime good

Yeah that famous American band, MBV

idiot

>cowboy bebop
fuck off and try listening to some actual jazz

>a gay pedophile
>implying that doesn't make his music even more enjoyable

user your grasp on reality is troubling.

Your analogy didn't work, dummy

think about it. the british royalty LITERALLY bestowed knighthood on a man who publically admitted to sleeping with boys and privately admitted to much worse

Your hateboner for Japanese music is causing you to misinterpret arguments

China was commie for quite some time, and though it's not so much anymore, they still don't have their freedom.
To make music professionally you need money and time, something you only get being in a western capitalist country. Your average chink doen't have that.

>I'm speaking from my experience which is disillusioned by the rampant conformism that I witness on a day-to-day basis here.
translation: I'm speaking from my slowly encroaching bitterness that I'm permanently going to be treated as an outsider and a novelty in a hyperconformist culture that I'm willingly choosing to participate in

anyway i went to japan this year and instead of acting like a gay friendless weeaboo, made sure in advance to befriend japanese people with taste to go to concerts and shoot the shit with so it wouldn't be horrendously fucking boring. get pegged

He was claiming that the Japanese bands mentioned aren't well-known in Japan, their home country.

MBV, a band not native to America, doesn't work as an analogy.

He also claimed those bands weren’t really Japanese.

So it’s a big circle of fuck now

Is that not true of 99.9% of people?

You get the point retard

shut up

NO YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol

>implying anything made in Japan is even remotely close to this in quality
youtube.com/watch?v=YtPsTieXSfI

Chinese people are in the classical field for the most part. I guess they figured if they were going to be influenced by western music, they'd pick the good one.

Japan is a joke on every creative level.

>Japan is a joke on every creative level.
that's pretty funny considering how wrong it is.

It isn't funny and you're just gahoiten about it. Aping is what it is, it has little to do with quality and everything to do with creativity (lack of it).

We've gone full circle where the west is trying to imitate anime.
Japs have a fair bit of cult classic movies.
While primarily not in the mainstream, there's plenty of great jap music. And the BTFO of most of the west on a technical level.
Manga > comics

And all the other mediums, like pioneering several forms of poetry.

The entire world is standing on the shoulders of giants and everyone’s mad at Japan for not being weasely about it

Animation is a product of western innovation. You're making various claims based on nothing more than what you prefer, which is still based around it being a variation of a western model.

You're mistaking quality with creativity which is my stand. Weaboo.

And on a personal note, Vagabond was the only good manga and I doubt that faggot is finishing it goddam it.

>I can only form opinions based on my direct experiences but I can easily call out other people for doing the same. I’ll pretend to acknowledge that fact so I don’t look as petty as I really am

>Japanese music is literally garbage tier
zeni geva
boris
shonen knife
merzbow
Hanatarash
Gerogerigegege
boredoms
acid mothers temple
hibushibire

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Japanoise_artists
fucking pleb

Chinese Football is pretty great desu

You're projecting, hard. And you're retorting like you been exposed.

I actually thought you were English teacher guy.

>noise
>good
LOL

tfvsjs are from hong kong. good shit
youtube.com/watch?v=3R3dNZkiNCo

Inlges sin barreras

I would be what this nigga can't do.

noise is good and more than half are either experimental metal or rock with noise incorporation

lucky cunt, im envious

there is peking opera but i doubt youll like that

lumping everything to a genre and not even listening to it. What's the name of this board again?

That's an awful lot of projection considered I didn't anyway claim or imply I wanted to be Japanese. I am having a really nice time here and I enjoy most aspects of Japanese culture excepting of course its truly abhorrent approach and attitude towards music.

Sup Forums

How much chinese music have you actually listened to?

How come Ireland, a country of 8 million, consistently makes better music than Japan, a county of 100 million

>a small group of white people have accomplished more than exponential hordes of non-whites at every point in history
wow really tough question

shut the fuck up Brett

Communism literally killed whatever good was left in China

hello mahmoud

this is your brain on communism

>the Irish
>white

>calls it eigo instead of English
>Claims to not be a weeb

This. Is communism the political incarnation of the dead drive in humans?

I've been trashing Japanese music since this thread began. I'm not about to get called a weeb by some no-name poster on Sup Forums's worst board.

Eat shit weeb, you could’ve been a deadbeat English teacher anywhere in the world but you chose Niplandia