Name a better rapper/producer. Just try...

Name a better rapper/producer. Just try. Anyone you can think of is either a worse rapper (Kanye) or a worse producer (DOOM). There's one person who might be better at both but he's young.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BEOximWoFd0
youtu.be/VSEcQ7QqW4c
youtube.com/watch?v=DRKH_6FihV4
youtube.com/watch?v=ItGeJswm-d0
youtube.com/watch?v=3c1j0w7ZInA
youtube.com/watch?v=J9Toi-0BDjY
youtube.com/watch?v=pg0byaqVaXo
twitter.com/AnonBabble

To be clear as in rapper-producer, someone who is known for both.

>Anyone you can think of is either a worse rapper (Kanye) or a worse producer (DOOM)
the fact that you could only come up with 2 such obvious alternatives shows what a pleb you are.

Evidence

Nigga jus listen

(Artisty+quality)*(legacy+consistency)

Name ONE other person and I will explain how wrong you are

me nigga

>You can all run naked backwards through a field of dicks
XD

>DOOM a bad producer
ok buddy

Juicy J comes to mind though

Juicy J is not even close to being as good a rapper as EL-P, though.

t. Three 6 Mafia fanboi

RTJ is powerfully corny, he's washed. There are so many better alternatives that you just named two yourself, but there's also Big K.R.I.T, Q-Tip, even Earl - check that new Mach Hommy tape if you don't believe me.

Does El-P produce everything for Run The Jewels the same way he produces his solo stuff?

Also, yes, El-P is undefeated. Being good at both is such a rare thing in the industry.

Tyler the creator?
Lil pump?

maybe not all time, but right now? definitely
this. something about the production just feels weak even compared to Cancer 4 Cure. Sometimes his lyrics were kinda corny even at his peak, but it's on a whole new level now

ugly mane or rza

Aesop Rock is the only rapper who comes close
>Lil Pump
That faggot can't write good lyrics to save his fucking life
youtube.com/watch?v=BEOximWoFd0
Listen to his lyrics. They are next level.

Yeah, you're probably right, he was the first that came to mind, Tommy Wright III, Pimp C, and Andre 3000 are probably better examples, and I'd throw in Spaceghostpurrp if he didn't fall off.

I'm a big El-P fan, probably in my top ten producers, but I'm more of a fan of his earlier stuff, his streak from Funcrusher Plus to Fantastic Damage is unbeatable in my books, but the rest of his work is hit or miss for me.

Although I'm a bigger fan of his solo work and def jux work, I am glad he's getting his dues with RTJ and headlining big venues and festivals. El-P deserves all the praise in the world.

>Tyler
Pretty good, but not El-P level production.
>Lil Dump
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

nigu check out this sick beat i shat out in fl studio using pre-defined loops im so cool

>Aesop Rock is the only rapper that comes close
Truth

Actually honestly, as much as I love El-P, I'd give Aes the edge as a better rapper these days

lil pump was a meme you dips. I didn't realize he actually produced his own beats

this nigga here

He probably paid some dude to make his shit like almost every pathetic "rapper" today.

Havoc, Q-Tip, and DJ Quik

Tyler, Ugly Mane, Coin Locker Kid, Milo all compete i think.

OI OI OI OI

>Q-Tip

Bingo

Dr Dre lol

Black Milk
Blueprint
Charles Hamilton
Chuck Inglish
Eminem
Kno
Warren G

Q-Tip
Aesop Rock
Andre 3000

Try to prove me wrong, you will just prove how much of a pleb you are

>Eminem
he's hardly a producer

this. aesops only getting better and better in my opinion.

youtu.be/VSEcQ7QqW4c

Yea. I find it hard to enjoy his older material, but The Impossible Kid is one of my favorite albums ever. Skelethon is fantastic too.

Hotdogs is fucking crazy.

The RZA, easily

>Charles Hamilton

The autistic sonic the hedgehog guy? lmao

You a real one user

I seriously adore him for his verse on 4th Chamber, but he is nowhere as good as EL-P at rapping.

El P has some interesting lyrics, but his flow is god awful. No where near RZA.
youtube.com/watch?v=DRKH_6FihV4

>Q-Tip
Worse rapper.
>RZA
Maybe.
>Aesop
Yeah, I think El-P is the better producer but is eclipsed rapping wise.

The correct answer btw is Chuck D, who actually co-produced most of Public Enemy's tracks with Sadler and Shocklee. Rakim would also work as he was more important to the actual production than Eric B, Eric B was a turntablist in an instrumental sense but the genuine producing was Rakim's.

Yeah that's it

Dizzee Rascal
Wiley
Madlib
Erick Sermon

I have a feeling that Pharrell would be the best hip-hop artist, if he could actually rap and write meaningful lyrics.

me

... What

the answer is without a doubt lil ugly mane, not even a contest

he's a good producer

Dr. Dre

that was easy

My nigga krit highly underrated

If you only know him for RtJ then you're a buster.

LUM is a great choice

what meaningful pop-rap has come out since Kanye's vocoder solo?

Cmon. he put that shit to bed.

He produced this album. He is a fantastic producer.
youtube.com/watch?v=ItGeJswm-d0

NEITHER HIS RAPS OR BEATS ARE ANYWHERE NEAR EL-P STFU

>he's young

He's 42 years old.

He's living on borrowed time in the hip-hop world

Eminem is 45 and basically a grandfather

EL-P knows how to re-invent himself, Eminem doesn't.

Are you saying El-P is going through gender transition?

his most recent release has some great beats, and arguably his best raps to date. can definitely hear a Def Jux influence in them.

MMLP2 sort of fits the bill but it's increasingly apparent that that was his final burst

ugly mane

youtube.com/watch?v=3c1j0w7ZInA

STFU

he meant the other person he's referring to is young, not EL-P you fucking idiot

go listen to that album. you will praise travis miller as the savior of hip-hop.

RTJ would be more interesting if they could stop shoving their political bullshit down everyone's throat.

RZA

>RTJ is the only thing El-P has ever done

LMAO, are you not aware of El-P's work in the 90s and 2000s? Funcrusher Plus? The Cold Vein? Fantastic Damage? All those examples you listed are embarrassing comparisons honestly. El-P is a legendary hip hop producer.

not really. you're comparing a guy that makes bandcamp albums to a legendary top 5 GOAT hip hop producer.

>dismissing music because of the medium their music is distributed through

yeah, let's see how far anyone making music in this genre gets selling mixtapes on the streets like it's still 1996.

That's not an argument. Would his music be better if was signed to Mass Appeal?

Big KRIT

gtfoh

>fuck is wrong with you?

youtube.com/watch?v=J9Toi-0BDjY

>the worldwide b-boy exhibit is now closed

>dismisses bandcamp
stfu

YOU A WHOLE BITCH

just sayin. el puts out music people actually hear and purchase.

people purchase off bandcamp you ignoramus and music itself doesn't exist in physical form so are you really dense or something? we are only talking about music not it's delivery to your ears dumbass.

>guy thinks certain music is "official" music because it's backed by corporate america and is sold to consumers in physical form STFU

also, I agree LUM is no where near EL-P.

lmao, go fuck yourself retard

he's a more established artist. he had a lot more time to build a dedicated following (25 years or so). even he's said not too many people in hip-hop were giving him much recognition until RTJ, so you can imagine he struggled for quite some time to get heard by a wider audience. LUM blew up like 6 years ago, made a dent in the underground for a few years with his albums and features with other artists, and now has a similar following. can't blame him because he exists in a time where everything's digital and nobody buys anything.

Easy.

you are stupid

>Dr. Dre
>good at rapping

There is none, that's long established already. This is bait for contrarians.

>established already.
now this is b8

lol no

>not too many people in hip-hop were giving him much recognition until RTJ
> LUM blew up like 6 years ago
Nobody is going to take your post seriously because it's very obvious 100% of your music exposure is from Sup Forums. El P was very well known and very well received for over a decade before RTJ existed, he owned a huge label that put out tons of universally loved classics including his own records FFS. Nobody cares about Little Ugly Mane aside from white Sup Forums posters, he never and will never "blow up."

You faggoots can barely come up with shit. Though I did see Aesop and Earl who are definitely up there.

I know who El-P is dipshit, I've listened to everything he's produced and just about everything on Def Jux. He was one of the leading figures in underground hip-hop in the '90s. Def Jux was a big label, but not a 'big' label, in that it didn't size up with its contemporaries (it barely even sized up with Rawkus, another underground label). Its most acclaimed artist is Aesop Rock. He never had any real mainstream success until RTJ. Whether LUM has any room to grow, or if he was ever a thing outside of autistic internet communities, isn't relevant to whether he can be compared to El-P.

sup bitch.

He's not even the best white rapper/produce combo

Lmao! El-P is a great producer, but he's horrible at rapping, his flow is disgusting

Finally someone intelligent enough

very weird to see an El-P Stan use the "he's more well know so he's better" argument. El-P would probably hate you

Yeah, his biggest flaw is that his beats are too complex and densely-produced for his rhyme schemes. I don't know if it's just how he mixes the vocal tracks but they always sound muddy and like the vocals are somewhere in the background.

madlib is the best hiphop producer of all times

he's a very basic rapper though

yeap, i can agree on that. he's voice sounds like barry white

youtube.com/watch?v=pg0byaqVaXo
The first verse of A Report To The Shareholders is honestly peak El-P

I completely agree with you, he shouldn't try to shove so many fucking syllables into any one bar he spits

*ruins your thread*

Company Flow prided themselves on being independent, why should LUM be any different? In fact he's even more independent and made a huge name for himself, by himself. That's incredible.