/chvrches/

>Mayberry’s lyrics are also more outwardly focused than before. “I was looking at the world and realizing that we are both the best and the worst — humanity does all of this to itself. [The album] is about questioning why we are where we are and how do we reconcile with that.” Laughing, she adds: “Yeah, it sounds cheerful. I know.”

>The group’s writing process even changed for this LP, she says. Used to finishing a track together and then Mayberry handling the lyrics alone, after the fact, she switched things up for this still-untitled set. “We were looking to have lyrics happen more naturally, as the music came,” she explains. “I would try to think of something in that moment or find something that already existed in a notebook and put it in there right away. It felt like the words and the music were more married, right from the start.”

>Heaviness aside, Mayberry promises the group is ecstatic about the results: “When I listen to the record, I feel like it’s the most pop stuff we’ve done and also the most aggressive and vulnerable at the same time. It was about really leaning into those moments — and also wanting there to be a real humanity and character to what we’re saying.”

ew.com/music/2017/12/12/chvrches-lauren-mayberry-new-album/

Excited about CHV3?

i want to hug lavren desu

most pop record, I don't like that
im sure it will be decent, but that sounds like a step back

dis board really not a fan of the chvchres,
they never reply to threads

Bad music
Lauren is still an cute

not bad msuziks ;/

post tfw no chvrches gf

what are the chances she does a nude photo shoot while she's in her prime, bros? Probably zero :(

she got to do it
it'd be a waste

>chvrches
>bad

Outta here, pleb

she's gonna do one of those naturalist shoots when she lookin like the michelin man

I'd take anything from her, honestly

let's get more people in here!

no song will ever top afterglow
fite me

>Mayberry this
>Mayberry that
I feel bad for the other two...

Afterglow is a masterpiece, but it's not Bury It with Hayley.

Looking forward to the new album.
Goober out.

This
Chvrches + Hayley = God-tier

I'm sorry she broke your heart

gud thing im not the only one that liked Afterglow. Listening to that the other day was legitimately so powerful and uplifiting. EOE was the only album that I really enjoyed in awhile

they peaked at bones. EOE was alright, but then they got SJW and poppy. that's the direction they're going. fuck that safe shit

bones got some tracks that are quite great. But I sometimes feel I prefer EOE more, just easy and enjoyable as a whole album

I'll check it out, they make nice sugary synthpop. LP2 was kind of bland imo and I don't really come back to any of it but LP1 has some cuts that still get rotation, I have faith they can put out quality.
They've always been safe, nothing about Bones was risk-taking in any way.

if you found LP2 to be bland, yet LP1 also played it safe as well, what was different for you?

The hooks felt a lot weaker to me, less energetic I guess. Songs like Gun or Recover or Night Sky had some power in the vocals that I didn't really hear on LP2 outside of Playing Dead maybe. I do like Make Them Gold too, but nothing else really caught me. Also the guys in the band aren't particularly bad singers but I don't think too many people listen to CHVRCHES to hear them sing, and I think they had one or two more songs on LP2 than LP1 but I'm not sure about that.

Bones had 12 and EOE had 11.
Clearest Blue I really liked, Bury It and Afterglow were of course great. Perhaps the vocals sacrifice some intensitiy in favor of tracks that are easier and more catchy. The dudes vocals I feel are pretty creepy, and he can't really sing well. I gotta skip that one.The end track on Bones I liked though because of the nice melody mostly, but that did feature the male vocalist