Why were the Rebels so dumb?

Why were the Rebels so dumb?

More time to aim.

Confusing the empire because they didn't know the rebels knew about the exhaust port.

Why not just shoot the torpedoes from really far away so you don't have to get near the defenses?

>ywn build a gazillion dollar weapon home and leave a glaring weakness for some dues ex machina reason

feels good

Someone should create a real time drone fly in to the core with some shitty grenade attached all being controlled by this guy.

Maybe it had a cover or roof over the port and they had to aim the torpedo under it

it's a plot hole

Why didn't they build a hundred death stars?

why didn't they just build the laser?

>this is the plot for the next 93 star wars movies

Why didn't they just send the eagles to the death star and drop the horcruxes in?

what the fuck do they eat?

>yfw rogue one will retcon luke's perfect shot with their using the power of tolerance, diversity, and stronk womyn to actually be the reason his shot hits

CARLOS

Why didn't the death star just fly the eagles away from Luke?

because it looks cooler to fly down a canyon

>they dedicted an entire scene to explaining this.
>why are the rebels dumb?

for the same reason real millitary aircraft train to fly at low level in canyons: a trench or canyon can mask you from radar and protect you from SAMs allowing you to(hopefully) sneak close enough to fire your missiles

terrain masking along with MALDs and having Growlers hanging back spamming electronic warfare are all tricks the USAF/USN use to gain an advantage

My autistic theory:

They don't know the specifics of the Death Star, namely how it orbits and rotates, so they flew at it without proper angle calculations

>acronym and jargon overload

>i read a tom clancy book once, the post

More likely...
>I saw Independence Day once

Because the turbolasers are shit when fired laterally and are probably only trained to engage ships faraway.

lel

I'm posting on Sup Forums about Star Wars not posting on /k/ about CMANO autism so I didn't want to make a big long post

also I don't think Tom Clancy ever mentioned the MALD or similar because Jewthorn-Lockmarket hadn't developed it back when he was writing