Major thread

What is Sup Forums's major?

Cultural anthropology coming through.

Bump

History/education. I want to drop out and learn a trade.

History.

My studies of Africa have made me a firm believer that it should be recolonized, and South Africa is for the Boers.

The UN can suck a fat dick.

Film

Double Comp Sci/Philosophy

Bring on the meme's, wew lad

Sociology

Physics

Suitable for those with the sharpness of mind of the Aryan and work ethic of the Oriental

Mostly just 7 months every year hating yourself and the problems you are assigned

>want do go for political sciences because everyone says i should
>it's a meme field

wat do i finished school of economy

kek

Law.

Math

Computer science & engineering

Diesel Mechanic.

It's a 1 1/2 year long trade program.

Fuck everything I just want to fix big ass machines for the rest of my life.

Philosophy.

In law school now, though.

Closet field to mine I guess.
What do you guys even do?

BS in Comp Sci, 3 years in field.

Have a potential opportunity coming up to get a masters. Unsure what to get it in. Have considered Net Sec or maybe Intellectual Property Law. I also really like Philosophy, History, and Poli Sci, but don't see degrees in them as very beneficial.

Environmental Geophysics.

starting mech engineer next semester

Bioinformatics

I just browse here, though

underwater basket weaving

>Double Comp Sci/Philosophy
Same, how are u finding it? Any tips/suggestions for someone starting them both next semester?

thats the boat im in lad

BsC. International business administration
MSC: (Corporate) finance.

Junior hedgefund manager now.

Aka making a good living.

Mechanical Engineering w/ emphasis in Nuclear Power Systems

Mexican Intellectual coming through. Physics major too.

>tfw studying in comfy UTexas
>tfw have to pay shit loads due to international student status
>tfw I will get the opportunity to work in the US after that

Feels pretty good

Actuarial maths

Culinary. Was thinking of going History here and there.

College is a scam

High school droput, not enough credits to even finish 9th grade.

Heavy machinery maintenance and repair technician.

~$112,000 net salary 2015 fiscal year
24 years old, own house, own new car, no debt

College is a fucking scam. Education is free.

Meme tier studies, please an hero.

Philosophy here. PhD student an Ivy League.

Don't tell anyone.

Electrical Engineering (graduated a couple of years back).

What does Cultural Anthro look like these days, by the way?

I read a lot of Geertz and Levi-Strauss (and some later stuff) for theory, but my knowledge of it cuts off after the 80s.

Physics. Fucking waste of 5 years at this point.

Law. It's surprisingly free from marxist cancer.

mechanical engineering, burned out and became a neet after I graduated for several years.

Don't put off any lower level basket-weaving electives. Just get them out of the way as quickly as possible, they can actually be a real GPA killer if you stack them in with upper level core coursework. That said, once you're out of the clear with lower level coursework, you can take all the cool upper level philosophy courses that not only count towards your major, but also work to fill the Comp Sci upper level electives. Avoid any Continental philosophy courses. If you're worried about a low score in calculus, don't, just suffer through and be sure to pass. Grading curves for those courses are usually fucked anyway. Aside from those cautionary tales, I love the core coursework and I'm looking forward on securing my first internship.

The most important thing I have learned from a physics degree is programming (Python, C) and applying statistical mechanics to fucking errything.

Programming is your most marketable skill, unless Germany has no coding jobs.

Business, specifically Finance
>inb4 oy vey

Double major -- mathematics and classical studies (latin, ancient greek, etc.)

It looks like shit, obviously.
Gender studies has pervaded into each and every soft science. I am required to incorporate gender in each of my lesson plans to appease the school's diversity and multicultural requirements.
Our physical anthro department (criminology department as well) has to deal with student protests when they teach foresenic analysis and can classify race by DNA and bone structure, etc.

I mainly keep to myself reading up on Floyd Davis and transhumanism

Master's in computer science with minors in maths, political science, and economics. Have an awesome job with the feds

Nice.

That sounds pretty based.
Talk some more about those classical studies please.

I am taking a course on Computational Physics now and it's probably the most comfy class I had so far, but I doubt I could find a job in it tbqh.
What do you mean by applying stat mech?

Grease monkey.

Comp sci. Can't wait to finish and start making shekels.

>Learning kike lies about why da po black man be down
>Checks flag

Of course.

Philosophy, then law school. Now working in a small firm.

Sociology used to be based
>John Stuart Mill
>de Tocqueville
>Weber
What the hell happened?

Havent gone to uni yet, but I'm planning on majoring in biomedical engineering

Marxism

basically where I go (i attend school in the USA) half of the curriculum is language-based (most people pick latin or ancient greek, but if you want to (like I did) you can do both -- I've gotten much further in Latin though) (and they're also adding in classical hebrew too)

the other half is whatever you want almost, so long as it's "relevant"

so you can take political science courses about the founding of democracy/republics

you can take history courses that cover either ancient greece or rome

some theology/religious studies courses

philosophy courses if it's like a course on plato or whatever, nothing past aristotle really but up to him is fair game

you can take art history courses or architecture courses if it relates to ancient art/temples/the like

you can also obviously continue on with higher level language courses or just literature courses taught in english (so like with one you'd be translating the iliad and focusing on that while the other just reads it in english; the in-english courses of course don't go as in-depth, but you can cover a lot more ground)

i really enjoy it much

you should flush yourself down the toilet.

oh by the way i'm visiting vienna for the first time in a while next week, what do you recommend haha

it has been years and years since i was here not in the summer :(

Accounting, Finance, Economics, and Computer Science.

>all modern sociologists are marxists
That.......
That actually makes a lot of sense

Public Health
Probably going to pharmacy school after, I have a 3.9 in my third year so my future is looking stressful

mech engineering

Accounting...why does pol major in such useless shit? Wtf you going to do with a film or history degree?

Engineering Physics + Astronomy

Once you've been inside the belly of the beast, you can see its organs and lifeblood. Going to University was the biggest redpill I ever had.

What do you fucking think happened nigger?

Archeology. No more WE WUZ KINGS while I'm around.

>tfw accounting degree
>tfw got a job immediately after graduation

Quadruple major?

rhythmic massage therapy

Oh and a minor in cognitive studies because I'm a fucking idiot

Anthropology and sociology are similar fields, but they've always focused on inequality and race relations but in my opinion, they're Ivory tower retards with field work eschewed from their education.

Literally no better than bloggers, yet they have academic authority

Lemme guess, Frankfurt School?

Just got a BS in Economics. What do now bros?

Precisely. But before that, the Jew Marx founded Marxism.

Sounds really comfy. I had to learn Latin for my Law major and I really like the stories of back then.

>Vienna

No clue, I'm not from there, but from what I've heard it's a marxist shithole with shitskins everywhere.

I always wanted to check out the museum in the Narrenturm (translates to looney tower) though. Used to be the first mental asylum in the world, built by Joseph II. - now it's part of the university of medicine with anatomy exhibitions.

accounting is pretty nice, what kind of stuff did you do in the beginning?

Performance audits

pretty simple stuff tbqh

How does one combat cultural marxism anyway?
How long before my field of study is corrupted, because it's already fucking happening

Mathematics and Economics.

gonna pursue Econ phd, get into the Fed and jew the system ;^)

in the USA many schools do not offer pre-law as a major (to go into law school) so many aspiring lawyers major in classical studies so as to have a background of latin, politics, oratory from its very inventors, &c.

>accounting
>useless

motherfucker EVERY business needs some form of accounting. corporations have whole departments. what an idiot.

CS

ENGLISH HAHA

They are given authority by the people who pay for their classes, and there is no professional alternative. It's all a giant scam.

The universe is a stochastic system

IT

>Performance audits
good stuff

IT in shittier applied sciences

I've done like 3x more studying on my free time than in school though and got well paid internship after my first year. Continued part time after that and preparing for exchange in japan this autumn. I honestly cringe when I look at most of my classmates they are so ambitionless beta people.

IT

Am I the only Chemist on Sup Forums?

Working on getting my undergraduate research slavery credits now that I have almost all my classes completed.

Chemistry/philosophy double major here. How are things looking for career prospects?

graphic design
but i've been planning to change to education

Architecture

Biochem

HVAC engineering. Going into business economics with business psychology afterwards, all while working a full-time job.

>What is a vacation - the life

Comp Sci

Comp Sci

Finance because i want a job and to learn the ways of the masters

my major is asian poon

Fairly good, I'm finding that I like doing research so I might look into a PhD.

Bioengineering

chemical engineering

Jazz now in Law school