Live-action capeshit was a mistake

Almost a decade of capeshit and the movies and live-action tv shows still can't top cape cartoons in any way.

youtube.com/watch?v=_a0pwb9NvFE
youtube.com/watch?v=qyM7LsOXQDk

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zcDT1QoKjLQ
youtube.com/watch?v=6BJ1-trrgqc
youtube.com/watch?v=sMXjtvMAFlI
youtube.com/watch?v=8LikMS5gDDI
youtube.com/watch?v=sA8HcojWroo
youtube.com/watch?v=OFoPc52Kd8I
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

bump

The avengers cartoon did Hulk well I thought.

That Flash was OP as fuck.

He's Wally West, not Barry "slow" Allen

Still mad Avengers: Earth Mightiest heroes was cancelled.

I wanted them to take on Thanos.

IMO Nolanverse is almost as good as BTAS, and X-Menverse is slightly worse than X-Men TAS (Some parts scpecially Magneto was better in the movies tho)

On the good side they defeated Galactus and had crossover with FF, Spiderman, X-Men, etc..... But yeah kinda mad they didn't face Thanos

They face Ultron tho

One of the best arcs of the show.

The other being the Skrull arc.

Honestly I was expecting a plot like that in AoU, because the trailers told "We can tear them apart from the inside", So I was expecting Ultron building Cybrogs to replace Avengers one by one. But my expectation fell short and Ultron and his quips sucked.

Marvel cartoons was garbage obviously targeted to children.
DC мyльтфильм was much more bearable and at times even intelligent and deep.

It became the IronMan show.

DC animated movies are better then any MCU film.

Except for Killing Joke.

How did they fuck it up so badly?

Is this Kino?

I can't believe this is a real thing.

Kino, anything Adam West Batman is Kino.

>It became the IronMan show.
Did you even watch the show? The show always focused in most heroes and Iron Man was one more of the bunch, there are many episodes where he is not featured, and most main characters (Antman, Cap, Black Panther, Vision, Thor, Hulk...), every one had his own arc through the series. Actually MCU focus way more in IM, than A:EMH ever did.

youtube.com/watch?v=zcDT1QoKjLQ

Liveaction was the best IMO

What's your favourite Timverse show?

Batman Beyond for me and that is that I am not counting Epilogue as a Batman Beyond episode.

Live-action capeshit doesn't have to be shit, but the retards at Warner Bros. are totally incompetent and the homos at Disney are only interested in making safe movies that will make billions of dollars. Cinematic universes have totally destroyed superhero films because there are no stakes. Captain America and Batman are not going to die because they're needed for the four hundred movies that are yet to come.

Because they went with the typical DC house style that is bland as shit. And then Timm had to indulge himself and ship Bruce and Barbara like he's always done.

Graviton vs The MCU. Who would win?

>Live-action capeshit doesn't have to be shit
This

Back then Phase 1 and phase 2, obviously Gravitron (Hulk and Thor were too nerfed at this point), right now, MCU, because they got Scarlet Witch, Vision and Dr Stranger, and hopefully they will revindicate Thor and Hulk in Thor 3.

Dat Ultron voice.
>The codes Maria Hill.
>You think Im just gonna give these to you?
>You misunderstand. I was not asking.
>incoming tentacle rape

Yea they cant because superheroes are supposed to be bombastic, colorful, and episodic. All of those things cant happen in movies

the Fantastic Four episode is probably one of my favorite things ever. Wish they had a show again.

JLA was on TV a couple days ago and i thought oh wow lets watch it and reminiscence about my childhood while also laughing at the basic faulty story kids cartoon.

After watching three episodes i downloaded the whole series. It is, imo, a fuckin masterpiece of a tv show by any standard. The plot isnt fuckin stupid or cheesy there are so many hints at the comics while bigger ideals are dealt with which is i bet is what snyder dreams of accomplishing (which he will never do). It is fuckin great. Just fuckin great. Also the lex Luthor in JLA is GOAT.

>Raimi's spiderman
>Hulk 2003
>Tim Burton's Batman
>Richard Donner's Superman
>Ironman 1

Well I didnt say there is no good movies, cartoons just have the upper hand for the formula. IMO none of the spiderman movies compare to spectacular spiderman

JLA Superman was a fucking asshole. Literally MAN OF MURDER

youtube.com/watch?v=6BJ1-trrgqc

Remember that one time Flash got stuck in an alternate timeline where everyone died?

nah, user. That episode was him being paranoid of lex proving to be a good guy for once where everyone was accepting lex as this new good guy. It was pretty cool tbqh.

the episode ended with him losing mostly everything because of his paranoia then he proved himself by defeating brainiac when he took the whole JL crew in. Pretty fuckin kino, if you ask me.

Leave capekino to me

In some scenes the linework was messy and I didn't like the overall art style for this one. Story and voice acting was great but they tried this weird anime-leaning style and I really like when they go with their standard DC animated style.

Post Aquaman

that was the point the, pretty sure the whole thing was to make superman seem like a cunt,

I was not prepared to like this as much as I did.

yeah, it was pretty fuckin entertaining.

I remember making fun of my best friend after that episode since i was a martian manhunter/batman fan boy and he was a superman sucker.

Best batman

>Spectacular Spider-Man and Earth's Mightiest Heroes died to make way for Ultimate Spider-Man and Avengers Assemble

Why would they do this?

Cartoon shows are the most appropriate way to adapt a comic book to be honest. It's drawn like a comic so it can be big and colorful, and the weekly format mimics the way a comic series develops. I'd rather watch all of Justice League, JLU, or BTAS again than watch any Marvel or DC live action movie. Live action cape movies just seem so pointless to me.

Because the movies. Avengers Assemble is MCU: the cartoon. Assemble is better than the MCU tho

from what i've heard spectacular spider-man had to be cancelled for legal reasons after the disney buyout and emh was cancelled because it was to different from the movies and they thought kids would be confused since both it and ultimate spider man shared characters but took place in different universes

well, im still mad over it, im a shazam fanboy, and after reading justice and kingdom come, i wasnt happy at that, you can imagine how mad i was in flashpoint when wonder fucking women matched up to him

Which episodes made you want to rewatch the series?

The EMH thing sounds stupid. Surely kids can figure out that some shows are point for point the same as the source material or another adaptation.

EMH did some very cool things with the Avengers, like introducing and doing the Guardians of the Galaxy right.

All these cartoons look like shit and most episodes are so boring only a child or comic Autist could enjoy them. Go fuck yourself. Wake me up when these companies pit money I to these sterile rigid robotic cartoons. Go back to Sup Forums. This thread doesn't belong here.

go to bed John

>Batman Beyond
>Rigid

youtube.com/watch?v=sMXjtvMAFlI
youtube.com/watch?v=8LikMS5gDDI
youtube.com/watch?v=sA8HcojWroo

>You may have won today Superman, but answer me this: what race am I?

Yes dipshit. Timms cartoons are made with pennies on the dollar. It shows. When a superhero cartoon looks as good as Akira or hell even Space Dandy you can start shilling this shit. Funnily enough Batman Beyond was the one I revisited from my childhood couldn't stomach more than 3 episodes and even then I had to force myself to watch.

I remember when that Justice League episode aired

was fucking awesome

>Literally saying he would consider it if it had Akira levels of animation.

Even most animu hasn't lived up to that with exceptions and they are all movie budgeted.

>Complaining about the animation on a weekly produced children's cartoon

Nigga u dumb. The writing is what made these shows memorable, not the animation.

the writing wasn't good either.

Samoan

youtube.com/watch?v=OFoPc52Kd8I
Objectively wrong

You sure about that son?

And? These shitty billion dollar companies can't even make the iconic Killing Joke look anywhere near Spirited Away, yet a lot of you fags shilled that too. Timms cartoons look even cheaper and the nonstop filler puts one who is over 10 to sleep. Laughable that you autists praise "episodic" when the episodes are shit. You want a saga of good looking animated movies? That would be nice. This shit though is the CW capeshit of its day.

you have to go back

can't tell if you're bring ironic or not, but BTAS actually outsourced some episodes to the same studio that made Akira

AYYO HOL UP SO YOU BE SAYIN THAT WE WUZ SUPER GENIUSES N' SHEEEIT?

utterly

Who are you shadowboxing against? Half of these things you say other people say haven't even been said.

You tools haven't demanded good looking cartoons but you fags itt have claimed this shit is great and it'd episodic turds is what the genre is should be etc. Got holes in your brain?

He's just being retarded, most of the DC animated universe has some of the highest quality animation for television, especially during Justice League.

interesting, I did notice some episodes were drawn a lot better than others. The fire and smoke in that GIF is a giveaway since it looks very similar to the fire and smoke in akira.

That's because western culture doesn't give a lot of money out for animated projects unless it is a kid's movie and more likely it is 3D.

For an animated TV serial airing in western society, Timm does a damned good job.

Eastern may look prettier most of the time (Emphasis on most) but writing often gets shafted with some diamonds.

I didn't "demand" good looking cartoons because I was ten when these shows aired Captain Autismo, and Justice League/JLU is serialized, not episodic. You should go outside and get some fresh air.

>billions of dollars
>millions of fans who love them

How exactly is it a mistake?

>it's a Wonder Woman gets turned into a pig episode
>it's a Wonder Woman gets turned into a loli episode

Yeah and the force awakens was the best movie ever

Well Bruce Timm said he based your design on Telly Savalas, so I guess you're Greek.

Then why are you shilling it in 2016? Saying good looking films can't top it, etc? Why are you backpeddling? Too embarrassed? You don't have to be embarrassed, you just need to take this shit to Sup Forums.

He's Greek.

You are exactly correct.

I liked how he was ambiguous in his race. Made him seem more like a being a unto himself as opposed to a "black guy" or an "asian guy". He simply is Lex Luthor

Make us.

It was not ambiguous, you were just a stupid fucking kid.

Might be thinking of Avengers Assemble, the show that replaced EMH. I don't know because I did not watch it.

I think this is the case for most. DCAU is good stuff but a whole generation grew up with it and became too close-minded to try someone else's take.

Can't believe they replaced EMH with the Avengers assemble show.

Really wish Marvel Studios had the rights to use Skrills in the flicks.

JLU is just great

Well if Sony keeps piledriving the FF franchise into the dirt they'd get them and more.

Kek

Wonder Woman's power level is always inconsistent in comics

Captain Marvel should always be at least the same power level as Superman

Wasn't Graviton on SHEILD?

>even comparing that crap on below with absolute kino

Yes

Do you mean they have a high framerate? That doesn't necessarily mean high quality animation.

On the contrary, American animation's budgets are much higher than in Japan.