Eminem - Revival

Discussion for Eminem's new album revival, last thread hit bump limit.

The only good part of album is Alicia Keys chorus on Like Home.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=edCQxYzQqhU
youtu.be/X7STArE_d9I
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Encore is literally undreated as fuck.

His rhyme schemes are still top notch and the songs are hilarious

The fact that he's one of the biggest artists on the planet and is putting out songs that have choruses with shart noises and is singing in the persona of a retard, etc is amazing

Fucked up, pilled out, not-caring Eminem is still 10x better than every other rapper

no. encore was terrible and you should feel terrible. The last good em album was eminem show.

This guy gets it

>when I fart I sniff it

The albums so bad i don't think I'm even going to be able to enjoy old em anymore

There are 3 songs I genuinely fucking love off Revival and will return to for repeat listens.

>Framed
>Castle
>Arose

Don't give a fuck. Those are great. Others that aren't on the same level but still good for listening are:

>Offended
>In Your Head
>Tragic Endings

Everything else that Rubin has his faggot hands on is awful. Like Home actually has a good hook and Eminem's flow is pristine, but I find the feel-good let's-stand-together Disney channel inspirational sound so off putting that I don't think I'll listen to it much. Believe and Chloraspetic are great mood setters for an entire album, but the way they lead into awful pop shit just kills the momentum they build.

Overall, I think it's a good album buried in a glut of horribly mismatched shit. Kill Rick Rubin. Or at least keep him away from Eminem. Why the fuck Remind Me even exists, or that Pink song that goes on for three minutes before Eminem even makes an appearance, is beyond me.

For the new material I actually like, of which there's enough, I'm grateful. It's just too bloated.

>Your booty is heavy duty, like diarrhea

what did he mean by this?

Will this be the first Eminem album that might get wide rejection or will be received well by most

Relapse is inferior to his three classics but out of the other albums, it is by far the best. Id say that's his last best album

Encore got wide rejection

This will be a less successful Recovery

jesus christ i didnt think it could get worse
encore is good i don't know what some of y'all smoking

rain man and big weenie!

illuminati swag

Untouchable was honestly the only track off the album that I liked, but apparently everyone else hates it.

It's a Korn ripoff

youtube.com/watch?v=edCQxYzQqhU

I always though that only here people use the term "white boy"
then I listened the untouchable and then I heard
>WHITE BOY WHITE BOY

what the fuck? Do americans actually say that?

never enough 50 god flow

too coded

This guy gets it. Encore is like a low-budget parody of Eminem in the spirit of the first seasons of South Park.
And even if you can't appreciate nonsense toilet humor, I still think it sounds miles better than his post-Relapse albums. At least on Encore he still had good flow instead of obnoxious choppy yelling and Dre's production instead of Rick Rubin and Skylar Gray shitting all over every track.

mfw there's more rappers featuring on a Selena Gomez album

I agree that Encore is underrated. It's mainly just the middle tracks that aren't good.

Evil Deeds, Never Enough, Yellow Brick Road, Like Toy Soldiers, Mosh, Spend Some Time, Mockingbird, Crazy in Love, One Shot 2 Shot and Encore are all great. That's 10/16 songs on the album. Like Toy Soldiers especially is probably one of the best Eminem songs period. It's not nearly as consistent as the three albums before it, but it's still good.

The cover is an American flag with Eminem facepalming. It'll get decent ratings.

mosh has a dope flow and cult like lyrics

>mfw Hopsin made a better album than Eminem

This is probably the worst album ive heard this year. This and More Life are the only two I had to stop multiple times (outside of say length of a box set release) to get through it. And this I didn't even remember a single track or take anything away that I want to revisit. December 15th the day Star Wars and Eminem die. Well at least we have Brockhamton to pretend to like and Charli dropped a mixtape so ill have something to fap to whike I cry. And the worst part is I'm buzzed. I always like things better and makes it easoer to take if I don't like it but want to give it a chance. I still thought this was terrible

I actually would have forgiven Em if he had Fresher ad lib My Tims in the background like Migos at that part. But oh yeah, thats funny and em forgot how to be funny. What a regard, also when he says retard now it leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Making fun of retards is okay but Blacks thats a no go. Fucking gook

Fun fact, the middle tracks on that album only exist because the original songs got leaked and his label delayed the release so he could record some filler material and throw it in there.

We As Americans and Love You More were both meant to be part of the album's main tracklist.

I'm a simple man. I hear rap over a rock tune and I'm satisfied.

he really was smart to cry about trump so much

because now he has an army of 16 year old girls policing every comment section

if you criticise this garbage album your a drumpf supporter and its the only reason you dont like it

im not even a yank listened to em since i was a kid and im 25 now, used to lsiten to all his non commercial shit all the time think im pretty familiar with the cunt

im h alfway through right now

and its just

its so bad what the fuck. i dont think any of the beats match the songs its the same old shit

all the last few albums have been like this, they are so forgettable - if the beat isnt good why would you focus in on the lyrics

bad husband is the only song so far to me thats flowed better but it has a massively gay chorus

Just got to Untouchable. Is this the most unpleasant sounding thing he's ever released?

so is skylar grey the only person h e listens to

tragic endings so far the best song lmao

>Eminem fans: "Em can't do his MMLP sound anymore because he's more mature now"
>Eminem: "I FAKE DAB SO I CAN SMELL MY ARMPIT"

em should make a song with 50 with dre relapse beat

'nobody wants to hear their grandfather rap, and old men have heartattacks, i dont wanna be responsible for that so, put the mic down and walk away while you still have a little bit of dignity'

>enjoying 50 cent

what is wrong with you

great now hes trying to ruin zombie by cranberries for me

like 2 real songs at the end there for hailie

is the rest of the album just a sham to get them out

Fucking kek

DESU tho, both Encore and Relapse are underrated. It's the curse of having absolute classics as your first 3 releases.

Still though, Revival is kinda fucking trash. I definitely managed to find a few gems off it, but holy fuck, 19 tracks is too much. Dude really needs to learn to trim songs off albums.

>Believe
>Chlotaseptic
>Framed
>In your head
>Arose

Those are the only good tracks I could find off it, though they're fucking great. Anyone else notice the background vocals on Arose sound like The End Of Yorha off the Nier soundtrack?

LP2 is his best work, and you can't stop me from thinking so

chloraseptic is fucking garbage

He's being a real cunt in that regard

That's not the Marshall Mathers LP.

I go back and forth between MMLP and Eminem Show. Both are classics.

Although
>If I ever gave a fuck I'd shave my nuts
>Tuck my dick in between my legs and cluck

Can we please have this Eminem back instead of wordplay/"Ray Rice has two hard vowels that are easy to rhyme so I'll use it every other song" Em? I just wanna listen to a track and get goosebumps again.

I give this shit a 6/10

4 songs are objectively great
5 songs are meh
The rest is generic vanilla Pop trash

9/17 tracks (not counting interludes) are listenable.

Better than MMLP 2, worse than Recovery, but "Offended" is better anything on both albums.

Same.

EMS/MMLP
EMS/MMLP
SSLP
Relapse
Recovery
Revival
Encore
MMLP2
Infinite

Is the new Eminem album rankings

Relapse>MMLP>EMS>SSLP>Recovery>Encore>Infinite>Revival>>>>>>>MMLP2

Literally perfect list

Relapse is meh, come on

What a mediocre album.

why the fuck does every think lp2 was bad

>"Offended" is better anything on both albums.
Offended might be the best Eminem song in the last decade and I'm being serious

I unironically consider it a masterpiece of storytelling

Meant for

So sick of his new style of having guest pop star choruses. It's so overdone now, every album since relapse, and this album is the worst offender.
It breaks the flow horribly and that's not even to mention his rapping style that only got more prevalent since relapse,

MMLP2 was forgettable which is worse than bad, it might as well not even exist besides Rap God.

Eminem is a Pop Star and has been since 8 mile, so of course his album is going to have Pop features..

Skylark Grey and Pink are cancer, all the other Pop guests were solid on this album imo....

>not liking fiddy
Whiteboi detected

But it's just so paint by numbers now. A disjointed rap following the same beat as all other songs then a slow soft cock chorus interrupts and repeat

This album is a best a 2/10.

No good songs, a few passable. Let's face it, he has lost it. Wouldn't be surprised if Proof was his ghost writer We're never gonna get a classic from Mr. Mathers again. I'd rather listen to xxxschoolshooter than eminem at this point

the top of the list is definitely correct, relapse is god-tier

try harder. to say the album has no good songs is just objectively incorrect

Good songs are songs that I'll listen to years from now, so don't spiel that "objectively" shit at me. It doesn't exist when it comes to modern Eminem. The only thing objective is you being an underage faggot.

16 year old girls love Trump. Generation Z is the most nationalist yet.

i aint even listen and i know this shits trash

The production on this album is offensively terrible, nearly every beat is crap

MMLP>SSLP>EMS>Infinite>Encore>Recovery>MMLP2>Revival

Lol at people saying that any revival song is the best em song in 10 years I think you're forgetting about
-cold wind blows
-seduction
-no love
-almost famous

this should of been a B sides album it sounds like one

You didn't listen because you're a lame ass nigga that doesn't get pussy

So it's like a J.Cole, Jay Z and Kendrick album?

nah Evil Twin and Brainless were better than anything on Revival

>Sup Forums

Worse because Rubin's mastering is abysmal-tier

>Wouldn't be surprised if Proof was his ghost writer
The album not being exclusively produced and mixed by Dr.Dre is current Eminem's problem.

Em can still rap, but he only has ever sounded right on Dre's production, plus Dre knows how to moderate Ems flow and voice.

the album ranking literally just goes on year of release after sslp

This

>shart noises and retard personas are "amazing"

He probably knew this shit was going to be trash so he made those Trump songs so if you call it bad you'll be called a racist in return. 10 years ago Em would have loved Trump, probably secretly still does

canibus>eminem

t. buttblasted trumpfag
"Hurr durr, i thought eminem would like trump"

That's what Kremlin shitposters pose as

t. narrative changing drumpflet

Eminem had Trump be a part of one his album's promotion with the election theme, I can't remember if it was Encore or the Marshall Matters LP because it was an election year.

People's opinion change, and people change as well. Such as Trump going from a reality TV star to the face of the far-right.

Infinite was good but he sucked after, still shocked he signed yela because the stereo mixtape was 10/10

youtu.be/X7STArE_d9I

Wow it's a good thing he called it Revival, because I needed to be revived after I fell asleep listening to it.

Listening to it right now,

long time eminem listener

1. MMLP
2. SSLP
3. Encore/MMLP2/EMS/Relapse
4. Recovery

As far as I'm concerned anyway

Not Rating infinite, if you wanna decide where to put it feel free to listen to it yourself.

Listening to revival as I'm typing this, the album actually went from track 1 into 2 quite smoothly, it was obvious clickbait intro song, lyrics addressed the desire to live up to the eye of the public, basically begs you (the listener) to give it a fair crack in track 2, he's doing some new innovative rhyme schemes which havent been explored/perfected/polished so it's cool to hear something fresh in this album. His rhymes as always are still pretty bonkers. He's touching on some political/philosophical shit in regards to discrimination, but it's more educative than kicking up dust compared to his younger style which is my favourite eminem but you can't go backwards in development.

Oh god ed sheeren, lets see you justify this, well it's kinda like stan, it's not overpowering like it was with beyonce, which wasn't that bad on the explicit version, this song seems like MUCH better pop-eminem compared to recovery songs like spacebound, not afraid had a lot of reach but kinda got memed on, overall that track was pretty cool rap-pop hybrid.

lol wow remind me is gonna be on the radio probably with all that track sampling, i dont like it at all really but it's tasteful, not just plain ripping off, but at the same time not really THAT innovative, I'm hoping this is the low point of the album.

looking forward to kehlani feat, it's one thing to get alicia keys and ed sheeran and beyonce and pick holy shit this album is stacked lol, but good to see new talent representation.

>op has good taste in eminem pop songs (like home)

it's cool, actually makes me want to back to listen to infinite lol, bad husband is good, actual emotional content, *respect*, feels like a sequel to headlights (mmlp2)

cont

why did I just waste an hour of my life listening to this shit, what was I expecting

This album is pretty disappointing I guess. The whole having features to sing his choruses is old and annoying at this point. I pretty much hate anything with Skylar. Some songs are okay and some are worth a download to listen to like "offended". That being said, "Remind Me" is fucking garbage. Also I don't know what makes people think that Eminem supported/liked Trump or anything he stands for, but his whole calling Trump literally Hitler is a bit much. Overall the album to me is a 5/10 Tran....sition

I thought the first third of the album was suprisingly good. Even walk on water works pretty well as an intro, but after the ed sheerean song (which is passable if you dig that kinda music I guess) the album really shits the bed. like what the fuck was he thinking.

>skylar

alright fuck this im not listening to this album. im sick of hearing her fucking voice.

TRASH

>people saying relapse is meh
>incestuous rape song
>Christopher Reeves
>catchy mainstream pop songs
>song about mom
>songs all have catchy hooks
>my darling sounds something straight of marshal mathers lp
I don't get the hate on this album. I think it's definitely top 3. In terms of albums for me it's MMLP>encore>relapse>eminem show. Without me is by far my favorite em song. Catchy and hyped for some reason.

cont

tragic endings, has a heavy beat, and skylar grey compliments ems style pretty well, cool compilation, same subject matter as bad husband but, overall flowing pretty well, at least compared to his similar attempt from mmlp2 (stronger than i was), this is at least honest as far as i can tell.
Framed has an encore/relapse vibe relapse vibe to it (like medicine ball)
kehlani track was cool, idk this album is very poppy compared to previous works but it's more polished compared to recovery.

don't know why people hate on mmlp2, it's actually pretty fucking good, very polished for what he was going for, that said, offended is sounding pretty good, kinda like a run the jewels vibe if you're into that, lolchorus maybe it's a bit different. lol this track will probably be the last heavy track, pretty funny, light hearted, but i think if you want this go back to sslp, an exgf of mine used to like pink, she had decent taste in music though outside of that, but everyone has their pop-indulgences, but yeeeeh not looking forward to this... something i'll say, this album has one of the best featured artist lists, in terms of treating this as a pop album it's got a good line-up, at least for reaching and growing an audience. oooo in your head is a banger. well without hearing the end it's already more successful in my mind than recovery, so is it better than encore/mmlp2/ems/relapse?

well, it's something new? it's probably in the same tier, I think mmlp2 and ems > encore and relapse in overall album execution, which is where this will sit most likely, it's not as bad as what i've been reading, the album gets stronger as it goes on if you let it. I like arose, nice piece of the drug narrative which i appreciate due to my experiences, much better execution than "not afraid". this feels like what recovery should have been. Decent album, not the best but not the worst, it's got it's own flavour throughout and has plenty of pop songs for all your normie friends.

I'm about halfway done listening to this for the first time and i cannot believe how much im enjoying it. His voice is better as an extra percussive instrument. Im barely listening to the words but certain lines are sticking out and giving me a chuckle. And the songs hes obviously going for radio appeal arent nearly as bad as efforts on the past couple records. The worst songs so far are still pretty inoffensive. Being half asleep at works probably helping but this is honestly a fine eminem project so far. Im shocked. Even the two singles that i heard before and didnt care for arent as bad as pieces in the whole project.

>4 songs are objectively great
>5 songs are meh
>The rest is generic vanilla Pop trash

>9/17 tracks (not counting interludes) are listenable.

how is that a 6/10?

this tbqh, i bet there's a lot of crossover between his old fans and trump voters

groundhog day was good too

I don't know why he thought this album was a good idea. The only reason people would ever buy an Eminem album is to hear him rap about stupid shit. Seriously, think about it.

>all his good albums are him high as fuck, and rapping about retarded shit

The second he started rapping with this "I'm sorry" mindset, is the second he started being bad.

I'm not a hardcore Em fan, why didn't he call Dre back in for the production? Is he just too busy nowadays?

With that said Arose is pretty good but I think needs Castle to get the full impact.

This album isn't as bad as the Em haters want to be or as good as his stans want it to be, it's just OK, nothing amazing.

It seems like the ones that overly negative are just trying to push Em to stop making music, kinda like a old legend boxer that's still good but judges give the other guy the decision because he wasn't flawless in the fight.

>why didn't he call Dre back in for the production?

Dre is probably embarrassed to have ever been associated with him

imo
TES>SSLP>MMLP>Infinite>Relapse>>>>>MMLP2>>>>Encore>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Revival

No love for Bad Guy? Also Baby off the bonus disc

Dude, are you autistic? Do you really think people just go around listening to albums they know they're gonna hate and then go shitpost about it?
People are genuinely disappointed. I think it's BY FAR his worst album.