Bilbao

I've only just found out that Atletico Bilbao play with a squad entirely composed of players from the Basque region.

>They've won the Copa Del Rey 24 times, won La Liga 8 times, and never been relegated (along with only Real Madrid and Barcelona).

>Does this not make Bilbao one of the most based teams ever!?

>Are there any more similar teams who have been as/more successful?

>muh philosophy
>trying to sign a lack guy from Mali who's only been in the Basque Country for less than 2 years

>from the Basque region.
Not true

>I've only just found out that Atletico Bilbao play with a squad entirely composed of players from the Basque region.
What kind of rock have you been living under?

No?

The Bosman resolution killed this club.

>The club's sporting philosophy is governed by a code which states that only players, who have come up through the club's young players' reserve or the young players' reserve of the other clubs in The Basque Country, which includes the following territories: Bizkaia, Gipuzkoa, Araba, Nafarroa, Lapurdi, Zuberoa and Nafarroa Behera or players that were born in these territories, may be signed up.

t. actual lifelong

The fact that a nigger with an Anglo surname is playing for them pisses me off. I have a Basque last name, therefore I should be able to play for them as well.

He is more Basque than you despite your surname

I've been in Nafarroa a whole month, with today standards even i could.

he probably doesnt even eat cheese, stop this meme

how can a British person never have played Football Manager?

So would they buy Basque players who are at other clubs or is every player they have acquired solely through their academy?

>imagine being british and only watching the Normie League and you dont know something as basic as this

I'll bump it

you owe me anglo

You didn't know this?

Did you find out about football yesterday or something?

Chivas from Mexico uses solely mexican players, even tho I can't really tell what's the philosophy behind this.

Also, didn't Lizarazou in Athletic?

Lizarazu is a French Basque and became the first Frenchman to represent Athletic Club of Bilbao,[9] which has a policy of selecting only players of Basque birth or heritage.[10]

uh, the more you know

they also have Laporte now

what happened to muniain? he was supposed to be the next big thing

injury-prone, lazy mentality

What would've been the most successful european if everyone followed this currently?

You seriously just found this out now? Christ you Bongs are so fucking narrow minded

my great grandfather's father was from Navarre, I don't know if that's considered basque anymore but if so, I'm a lifelong fan now