How do you deal with the overwhelming amount of music in our world? How often to do you check out new albums?

How do you deal with the overwhelming amount of music in our world? How often to do you check out new albums?

New as in "just released" or just shit I've never heard before?

I listen to at least one new thing every week. That Spergify Release Radar is honestly my homeboy but I still never stop ever.
Constantly overloaded, backlogged and overwhelmed.

I only listen to what I see Sup Forums consistently recommend.

select "internet"
arrange "date modified"

if you listen to two albums every day for the rest of your life, you will eventually catch up

this. Sup Forums only people i take recommendations from nowadays

you’ve never heard before

kys

I just listen to the same songs until i can’t stand them anymore then I lurk on Sup Forums for a while and discover a couple of new songs to listen to

i resorted to krautrock motorik beat

90% of undiscovered music isn't worth listening to, and I listen to a new album every day so I'll eventually hear most of the good shit.

once you pass the 1,000 albums listened threshold, you're in. you'll be able to absorb new albums at a faster pace. it helps to ground yourself in the classics and go back, way back. explore old old stuff, the newer releases will make more sense once you have educated yourself.

I don't waste my time by listening to anything from after 2010, cutting out a huge chunk of disposable internet music made in FL Studio.

i usually try to get about 2 to 3 new albums a day in, been doing that for the better part of a year now

force yourself to get really into James Ferraro and Spencer Clark, then you wont even remember what other musics sounds like

This combined with a basic grounding in music theory will take you far

>Tfw there's more than 4 times as many albums in my backlog as there are in my "listened to & liked" playlist

How do I even BEGIN to chip away at that?

this picture is terrifying

she has this post-human numbness in her stare

half of Sup Forums has horrible taste, go elsewhere.

I just listen to the same shit I listened to 15 years ago. As you get older you're supposed to stop being with the times and stop knowing anything about the new albums. It's the natural order.

You miss everything at every moment and that would include new music. You'll miss things no matter what.

I listen to albums considered classic
albums part of a discography from an artist I like
New released albums that ar talked about here a lot.

are you me
or i either get it from a friend who has dank taste

My primary genre (witch house) is slowly growing scenewise, but I check out new albums almost every couple of days, to see if I like it.
Shit, I thought I was the only one who noticed it.

this is the question