If you haven't seen this film, I would

If you haven't seen this film, I would.

dont like nigger

did this fucking queer just say he got wood from watching it? LOL

Sup Forums is a restricted board moonlighting is NOT ok

I hate how when I posted about this film a month ago Sup Forums was calling it shit and saying it was SJW oscar bait, and now that it's getting good reviews you're all pretending you liked it all along.

nigger jizz bae

Sup Forums doesn't watch most of the films they talk about. It's just a bunch of pretentious shitposters.

Nah, this movie looks depressing as fuck. All ghetto black people movies usually are.

They killed the only good character a third of the way through

>black protagonist
>gay protagonist
>in da hood
>being called the new boyhood
>boring poster
give me one non-metacritic reason to watch this film

it's still SJW Oscar bait

Why? Because there's black people in the movie? Your dumb

You're*

I take it that means yes?

no, because there are GAY black people in the movie.

Using shallow reasons like "the character is black and gay" to deter you from watching.

I don't call people plebs often but there's no other way to put it.

This thread is a perfect representation of why this board has no purpose and shouldn't exist.

Just rename it /poljr/ - alt right maymays and frogs

What did you expect? This board doesn't even try anymore.

then why are you still here?

I'll check out some gaykino when it hits the streams. I learned my lesson from not seeing gaykino in theaters from Brokeback Mountain.

So you would only see this film if I haven't?

Because I hate myself

>black
>gay

no

self loathing is for the weak user. get busy living or get busy dying

topkek

Yes, best film released this year.

But Omar Little is cool.

I would once it come to my city, but we still have ''The Accountant'' here afther two months ...

i'm not pretending shit. any movie about a gay black kid coming of age is oscar bait (and shit).

the only movie worthy of the oscar is arrival, but it won't win because obama is still in the oval office

shitposting aside, I kind of want to see it. I haven't really seen many decent movies recently. I still need to watch Hell or High Water with my dad. Maybe I'll pick this up when it comes out

it's not shallow when the movie is about being gay and black. couldn't care less.

movies like braveheart aren't about being white they're about being brave.

Arrival is also scifi. the genre doesn't historically do well.
this is my initial problem with the movie. haven't seen it yet, but it sounds like it lacks depth

>arrival is scifi
arrival isn't ABOUT aliens. Arrival is an adult drama.

that doesn't matter, you know how the academy works.

Was Chiron actually gay or did he not ever have anyone in his life who actually loved him or showed affection for him until Kevin?

Not into reminder slavery was bad movies

I'll pass

ya i'm just kidding i know what you meant.

i've never seen an alien movie that captured the fear emotion as well as arrival, when the aliens first arrive. there is a real sense of doubt. Amy Adams was really good imo.

? The Drug Dealer and Janelle Monae showed him affection...

>the only movie worthy of the oscar is arrival
I can't belive that I share the board with plebs like this one, who probably haven't seen Manchester by the Sea, or watched any Kenneth Lonergan film at least, kill yourself.

I would do anything for her to show me some affection

i've been burned by meme indie directors too many times m8. not worth my time and energy when i have more important engagements to attend to. if it rises to notoriety i will see it.

further, when meme years a slave and the science retard meme guy are oscar worthy don't lecture me on indie films

meant for

i don't know why anyone puts stock in the oscars anyway. theyre a joke

That's like the final boss of Oscar baits

>In a world, where three niggers become one...

idk, I thought 12 Years a Slave, or maybe Selma were worse

HEY LETS MAKE A MOVIE ABOUT S NIGGER
A GAY NIGGER
HOW PROGRESSIVE IS THAT UH

Yeah, despite whatever Sup Forums infestation Sup Forums has endured, this movie is undeniably moving.

I don't care about your RLM threads, your Marvel vs. DC threads, motherfuckers. The only relevant thing is the quality of the film, and this one has unbelievable writing, acting, and direction. Enjoy your hate if you so choose, it's obviously motivated by impure politics. This film is a marvelous and engrossing flowering of SE US art.

>literally GAY NIGGAS: the movie

C'mon now

i think they used to have some relevance but the industry is very different from how it was

big budget films used to be somewhat important culturally now it's not really the case

LOL enjoy the benighted fog you live deep within you tard. This film describes things on a much more materialistic basis than Sup Forums cancer like you could understand. Life as a poor gay person is shit anywhere, everyone knows that. Especially if you're bix nood those dudes hate homos more than anything

>SE US
is that South East United States?

going for mississippi river delta inspired shit in 2016 is the greatest meme i can think of. it really is obnoxious.

is that suppose to be 3 different person?

But seriously who cares?

Are you supposed to be an adult with fetal alcohol syndrome?

>moving
Yeah POWERFUL
SHAKEN to my core.

Any actual critique outside of meme words?

I mean, it largely depends on your perspective. If you're unable to empathize with maybe 1% of the population, I see that as a failure on your part, not on the part of gays.

I have no empathy for the self-victimizing. If SJWism wasn't a thing I may have considered this. That's just how it is

cmon dude, maybe people just aren't interested in the movie. Maybe some people just don't like watching movies about gay people.

I really liked it. It was a beautiful film aesthetically, and the story resonated with me and was extremely well acted. It really is an exceptional film to come out this year imo

What meme words did I use? I'm happy to go into greater detail, if you'd like. I wasn't SHAKEN to my core by the film, but it's better than 95% of the hollywood shit that gets crapped out by the major studios.

Considering the fact that they showed each other their dicks as children, even though the bixes around them would have exploded had they known such a thing, allowed the film to construct some sort of a bond between them. If their relationship was played for identity political melodrama later, I would have been pissed, but they didn't even end up together. They just met and acknowledged what happened and moved on, him as a drug dealer, his friend as some wage slave. It's something many people who aren't worth nothing can relate to on some level, you child. Like, the word 'gay' was almost never used in the film.

Honestly, if you can't appreciate this movie, I see that as evidence that your political beliefs have hindered you from enjoying an excellent film.

Why should they not like movies about gays? For real, why should you rule a movie out for shitty political reasons like that? People need to go back to the old ways of judging cinema. Who cares if someone's gay or straight. If you'd seen this movie, you'd understand it doesn't (at all) rely on the fact that the protagonist is gay. If the male love interest were replaced with a female, little would change. It's only right-wing oversensitivity to gays in film that has created such a strong reaction to what's obviously a good and enjoyable movie. I'm just saddened to see how much Sup Forums has lost ground to Sup Forums in the preceding four or five years. All that used to matter here was how good a movie/tv show was. Now people are talking about affirmative action and shit constantly. It's just boring, man.

people are different, and they like different things. you just gotta accept it and move on. all people are not the same.

You're such a pleb. What makes a bond between children so special when they show their dicks to each other? What would happen if a man and a woman showed their parts to each other? A woman to a woman? You can't honestly believe the political climate is not at all affecting the reception of these kinds of movies, can you?

Based Trevante!

I feel sorry for you. SJWs probably piss me off as much as they do you, but I refuse to deny myself the opportunity to experience good art out of fear that said art might make me pissed because I choose to read some shit into it that isn't really there.

If you watch this movie, I think you'll understand. It's a good, traditional, slice-of-life sort of cinematic experience. The only reason people have made a big deal out of its plot is that its protagonist is a black drug dealer, a demographic that (for good reason) is largely disdained by society. But in matters of art and aesthetics, I think the only thing that matters is whether or not something is entertaining or moving, and Moonlight undeniably is.

The President has no say when it comes to the Oscars

I'm happy to accept that people have shitty taste because they're afraid of the world changing around them.

Pop pop watching niggas drop pop pop

yes but your making a mistake in assuming that your perception of what is "right" is, in fact, right.

What? What was the last movie you saw when a man and a woman, as children under the age of 12, showed their genitals to one another? It's a bold move regardless of the context it's shown in, you fool. The fact that they're gay is neither a pro nor a con.

I agree that the political climate is influencing the reception of this film, and I probably hate that fact just as much as you, but I still think the film is good, and YOU can't possibly believe the political climate on the right isn't influencing the (largely negative )reception of this film in conservative) communities as heavily as it's influencing the film's reception in "liberal" communities.

I should also note I'm not a libtard, I just think about shit logically

But in the end I also don't care about a movie that depicts a gay kid growing up to be a drug dealer? Did I get that right? What is so special about that? I grew up with a sister with bipolar disorder but no one cares about that, if you want to talk about the poor and underprivileged

>you fool

Jesus you're a neckbeard, no point in continuing this discussion

HOL UP WITE BOI... YOU SAYIN WE SUM KINA TIME TRAVELIN NIGRA KANG? I GODSDA GET PAYD! CASH MUNNY CASH MUNNI WOO WOO

Ha! The fact that black people are as American as white people is more than right, it's a historical truth. You'll realize this in time, if you don't already. People live in poverty. A large number of them are black. This is not due to some larger socio-racial failure on the part of blacks in America, but rather due to the fact that they were enslaved for years, and then ghettoized upon moving to northern cities in the mid to late 19th century. These facts are widely available to anyone who chooses to research them. For the most part, the same goes for Latinos. Large parts of America were Mexico before the 1840s. Why should that wealth be transferred to the U.S.? Respect for historical claim? Fuck that.

Okay, if the word 'fool' qualifies me as a neckbeard and allows you to disengage with the conversation, fine. I don't mind the label 'neckbeard' at all, if you choose to call me that. It's just idle and pathetic justification of your loss.

this.

I don't care about some libcuck nigger propaganda.

You're just fucking weird m8. I will not watch this movie because I don't find a gay black boy's story of growth into a common drug dealer very special, inspiring, or thought-provoking. Let it go.

just don't act super gay an no one will notice or care

lets focus on real problems please

This thread is a perfect example of how this board might still have something left in them when they reject garbage like this.

One of my closest friends has BP and I'd love to see a film about a boy with a sister with BP, provided it was written as thoughtfully as Moonlight was. I'm as interested in films about white poverty as I am by films about black poverty, and am concerned that not enough films are made which focus on white poverty in states like MS, IL, LA, and AL. I grew up in Baton Rouge, and have a lot of sympathy for poor whites in the south, since I knew many of them. Of course, I do for blacks, as well, though I knew fewer of them (since they were heavily ghettoized lol)

you're clearly not thinking about other perspectives like you think you are. I'd recommend talking to some older folks.

and the wealth was transferred because the US was able to take it (and hold it) via force. Same reason my people lost their lands when the settlers came over.

why don't they make feature length films about my bukkake fetish? it defines me as a human.

I'm happy to let it go. I'm just pointing out that your arguments are stupid. I don't need to convince some idiot on Sup Forums that they need to see 'Moonlight', I have my priorities relatively straight.

If you consider me weird for being able to empathize with a fictional gay black teenager, I just feel sorry for your lack of imagination. If you describe Ulysses, it's mostly about some fat dude who works in advertising who's getting cucked. Doesn't sound 'inspiring' or 'thought-provoking' until you consider the aesthetic merit of the expression of the story itself. "Let it go".

If you haven't seen the movie and are judging it beforehand, talking to you really is worthless. Enjoy your shroud of ignorance, my friend. I mean that sincerely.

>It doesn't rely on faggotry.
That's why it is its main selling point oh how progressive and effeminate nigger lead oscars I can already see 'em

yeah mexicans are poor because of whites. and indians shit in the street because of the british, and eskimoes live in igloos because of whites, also blacks play the drums around the fire because of white people, oh and muslims are extreme because of whites. any i missed?

You're genuinely comparing your bukkake fetish to being a homosexual? They're obviously very different things, and if you fail to see how that's the case, you must be a lizard brain.

I'm happy to let it go. I'm just pointing out that your arguments are stupid. I don't need to convince some idiot on Sup Forums that they need to see 'Moonlight', I have my priorities relatively straight.

lel, then that should have been all you needed to post in this thread. like dude, the main point here is that no one cares. No one cares that you think people are missing out on this movie. seriously, no one cares.

what's the difference?

But that's precisely it. The only reason that people like this movie is because the nation only cares about black people, in any walk of life. They think that raising awareness is going to solve the problem but none of them have ever lived in those neighborhoods.

There's a problem with poverty but it has no color, and patricians can only see in color it seems. Movies like this are brewed in a thin understanding of the cultures they try to portray, in an attempt to be humanitarian. They're worthless, as is this movie.

>Enjoy your shroud of ignorance, my friend. I mean that sincerely

And THIS is why you're not winning favor here. You're a piece of shit who thinks that sympathizing with the newest, trendiest underclass fucks makes you superior to others. End of story.

yeah you're so enlightened you can identify with people that aren't like you. and you say this because you sat through a fucking movie.

Yeah, faggots should be shot that's the difference.

>enjoy the shourd of ignorance.
>WHILE SHILLING FOR LIBERAL BRAINWASH GARBAGE.

Didn't the election already open your eyes libkek?

Yeah, I never said anything like that. The world is a complicated place, despite the reductive interpretations of children like you. Mexicans are poor because of a host of reasons, including the history of Mexico over the past hundred years, including their relations with the U.S., a country made mostly of whites. India gained its independences less than 100 years ago, from a colonial power that had little interest in developing infrastructure on the subcontinent beyond that which would transport the largest quantity of materials (mainly precious metals and spices) towards the coasts from inland. Africa is a whole other discussion.

None of these nations can blame their failures on the whites alone, but removing whites from the equation considering the crucial historical role they've played is just idiotic, as anyone who understands anything about history would understand. I'm not playing the blame game here, the nations in power at the time are just as responsible as the imperialists for the backwards nature of their countries today. But the question is, how do we create a more egalitarian world today?

I'm sure the skin color is the reason behind issues. Stupid fuck.

I sympathize with one underclass alone -- the working class, whether they're white or black, regardless of whatever candidate they support. They're the ones who take useless materials and make them into things we might exploit. They're the ones who establish the basis of society. I'm not trying to win the favor of nerds on some chinese cartoon discussion board. I'm just wasting time because I'm drunk and bored.

>how do we create a more egalitarian world today?

We don't. We kill the lesser and rape their women. There will always be superiors and inferiors, even when it comes to race. Suck it up.