Why is this album so highly praised?

Why is this album so highly praised?

Lightworks

I don't know why either. It's a fucking instrumental album with nothing remotely appealing. Stadium Arcadium, The Black Parade and The Devil and God Are Raging Inside Me are much better albums from 2006.

I hope you're kidding

Really good album but I agree it's overrated to hell and back. Simple answer: he died when he came out. Dying radically improves legacies.

I'm gonna be screwed, aren't I?

cause its very good and he died

It should be. It's no Endtroducing. It's aged badly. His simplistic beats are so copied and remade that it's really difficult to look at it in a positive light now. It's responsible for the lofi hip hop trend too. Big negatives, and big positives. He also passed away.

If anything it's underrated

I actually dig most of those albums, I just find Donuts to be a really special album. There is something transcendent about it

Because it's full of classics, and the story surrounding the creation of the album and his death elevates its status.

It has been often imitated but few come close to the subtle greatness found throughout.

eh i love entroducing especially for considering the era it was made in/technology available but give me donuts any day

It sounds amazing and their is a touching story behind it.

listen to Stop and tell me

Donuts and Endtro are kinda different to me. The beats on Donuts are meant to be rapped over/can be rapped over. The beats on Endtro are their own song more

lightworks is something else.

Two Can Win is the greatest song ever

because dude he was like dying and shit you know.

Hi Daniel

Even as a huge fan of instrumental hip-hop and turntablism I found it comparatively kind of lacking.

Are you the same guy as last time, or someone different?

>a huge fan of instrumental hip-hop and turntablism

hey matae. i want to listen to those genres more but i am not sure where to start. can you recommend me some stuff?

I used to hate it, but then I listened to it while studying. One of the most fun, yet still one of the most productive study sessions I've ever had.

For me, its the combination of Hi and Bye

You mean the previous thread? Maybe, I don't even remember.

If people are still talking about it after ten years..

It's a classic!!!!!!!!!!!!

its a rare musical gem. the man put everything into these beats. he was on his deathbed and the album to me is a goodbye of man face to face with death. he leaves us with a smile. he tells us not to cry. even says bye. idk but it gets me every time gobstopper thru welcome to the show has some deep feels.

this post actually made me raise my eyebrows

its fcukin chill and good album to listen through
its praised becasue its simply gud, not one of those ''epic'' albums

>nothing remotely appealing

wada fukin retahd

kek

Its a love letter from a huge music fan for... music

Beautiful samples well glued together, from a variety range of different styles. Its just really good music in there.

Maybe this isn't the right place to put it but anyways
I'm coming up with a album
I'm having a hard time coming up with ideas for it though
But recently I had an idea, basically I would take well known samples from instrumental hip-hop artists (my biggest inspirations) and try to put my own spin on it
What do you think?

this, over rated but still a solid album.

Bye gives me goosebumps and brings tears to my eyes every time I listen

Not him. But here are some of my recs
>Special Herbs series
>How It Should Sound Volume 1 & 2 and 3 4 & 5
>Beat Konducta vol series