youtube.com/watch?v=yfB7vF7nCdA&list=RDEM4e-g4xVIDuyqm4WKejPBEg
youtube.com/watch?v=SHnTocdD7sk
youtube.com/watch?v=1QySdO-Utd4
youtube.com/watch?v=flxSPY2iMM8
youtube.com/watch?v=dLw2_MUhe1E
youtube.com/watch?v=DV0-vq89ZCo
youtube.com/watch?v=RHQQtr9c5p4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It depends. I like Tenacious D because of the melodies they write more than the lyrics they use, but they are funny too

Victor Borge is a fucking legend.

youtube.com/watch?v=dKeqaDSjy98

>Robert Smith turned me on to him.

Poor timing fucker

i like al's 1st, he had potential to be a lot more biting...humour could have been more like zappa with wit like sparks, but he opted for the dorky family friendly route

The lyrics get old after a couple of listens, like most musical comedy. But the melodies do hold up and make repeated listening easier.

I like the way David Lowery would use comedy in straight songs to make a point (Camper Van Beethoven / Cracker). Those always had lasting power, to me.

Dr. Demento = the true curator of this stuff. Weird Al got his start there, after all.

Frank Zappa could do anything. That guy was simply amazing. Was just reading his bio on Wikipedia and I had no idea...

>"What do you make of a society that is so primitive that it clings to the belief that certain words in its language are so powerful that they could corrupt you the moment you hear them?"

Also, Flo & Eddie / The Turtles made me laugh...

Al and his band are amazingly talented. Who else can play so many genres of music so well?

His original songs are better than his parodies, though.
youtube.com/watch?v=kWD5gdpt4Dw

I can neither like nor respect someone who thinks he's too good or cool for Weird Al.

It's a shame a vocalist as gifted as Jack Black didn't write other material. He also never intended to perform anything other than comedy rock.
youtu.be/QXcji1dMaFw

I think people without a sense of humor are big faggots

I've heard their live shows are amazing with all the super-quick costume changes and stuff. Also, for a while, they would only play state fairs on purpose. Don't know if that's still the case, though.

My friend and I were going to see him once and we got sick, so our mothers wound up going together. They said he threw hundreds of pairs of underwear into the audience.

My only regret in life is not going to that show sick.

Extreme hit and miss. I don't think I like any "comedy" act, but then Tenacious D comes along and does this and I can't not love it.

youtube.com/watch?v=_iETGt_zjv4

Glad to see Tenacious D getting some love. Always thought Sup Forums disliked them for some reason.

>[insert board here] is one person

lol you actually took the time to make this

Not him, but you can make that in about 10 seconds using the snipping tool.

I feel like I've heard that song on a real late night jazz program before. Like, the D were doing a parody of the real song and just ran with it. I could be wrong. Also, this was on a lyrics page for their song:

>Jack Black claims that he played the recording to jazz double bass player Charlie Haden and Haden reacted by walking out of the room shortly after it began.

Nah. Victor's still here.
At the White House: youtube.com/watch?v=ei9VVDNxCc8

I think that was the point.

I love Tenacius D and I can listen to their songs hundred of times without being sick of it

What do you guys think of Steel Panther

I don't know why people pretend Weird AI is funny.

I don't know who's funnier, them or Spinal Tapp.

People taking them seriously are funny to me

Just watched this and I laughed.
So there's that.
And Sarah Silverman at the end made me laugh.
I'm a simple man.

youtube.com/watch?v=yfB7vF7nCdA&list=RDEM4e-g4xVIDuyqm4WKejPBEg

>forgot link

I love beck

because he is
youtube.com/watch?v=SHnTocdD7sk

Steel panther is the best live show I've ever seen

because he is you fucktard

Based

youtube.com/watch?v=1QySdO-Utd4

LOOOOOVE LIFTEEED MEEEEEEEEEE

Saw Flight of the Conchords live, nice show. Ended the set with Bowie since he had passed.

I remember seeing a video a while back of Tenacious D playing Heaven on their Minds from Jesus Christ Superstar and Jack was killing it.

What is he referring to here exactly?

Same

soccer moms and curse words senpai

what is so difficult about playing different genres? It's pretty much an interest thing

You have to be a real grinch not to like Wierd Al.

Painfully unfunny and insufferable in almost all cases.

He who is tired of Weird Al is tired of life.

Loved his music growing up. Bo Burnham too.

So are we all in agreement that Amish Paradise is his best song? Or maybe Dare to be Stupid.

Old Weird Al = 10/10

Musical comedy is very rarely funny. Pink Guy and Lonely Island are examples of absolute garbage that can't even be classified as comedy.

>Bo Burnham

Embarrassing

It's rare for me to judge someone for subjective opinions but anyone who genuinely likes painfully unfunny shit like Bo Burnham, Pink Guy, Tenacious D, and really almost all other comedy music acts are an exception. Music really just isn't meant for comedy and trying to use the medium solely for it is honestly really cringy 90% of the time.

>Music really just isn't meant for comedy

Anyone can dabble in certain genres, but to be able to actually accurately recreate the sounds of these big hit songs is what makes his band so special.

Part of what makes a song like Smells Like Nirvana funny is the fact that he's saying these goofy lyrics over a totally authentic version of the song

Great music but the lyrics are just obscene.
An instrumental album would be nice.

I don't really like the ones who do it to purposely be comedic as their defining characteristic. There are better ways to implement comedy into music than parodies and goofy lyrics.

Cheap Trick is technically a musical comedy act and they've got some OK songs

Why are you putting it in quotes?

Weird Al is such a relentless performer, 30+ years of performing and he managed to break billboard charts with his "last" album. I don't care for modern pop music even if it's done as a parody, but I have all the respect in the world for him.

It's also crazy how Weird Al was part of everyone's childhood even if you're like 35 years old or 15 years old.

I guess a similar act is Excrementory Grindfuckers. They're a German grindcore and who do a lot of covers of pop songs and most of their songs are comedic in nature.

youtube.com/watch?v=flxSPY2iMM8

youtube.com/watch?v=dLw2_MUhe1E

youtube.com/watch?v=DV0-vq89ZCo

youtube.com/watch?v=RHQQtr9c5p4

Bo Burnham was really good. It's a shame that he decided to branch out to acting and stand-up and started to spread himself thin.

>Bo Burnham

*blocks your parody rights*

How young are you that you only know Bo Burnham as le feminist stand up guy?

these guys are really underrated

Ninja sex party is pretty cool

No they aren't

Uh, no..

I can neither like nor respect someone who thinks highly of Weird Al.

I think Weird Al is a contender for worst musician of all time

Other people integrate humor into music well, i.e. early Bob Dylan

Steel Panther are fucking amazing. They deserve all the credit they get.