Can we talk for a minute about how insanely creepy modern pop music is?

Can we talk for a minute about how insanely creepy modern pop music is?

Don't get me wrong, I love pop, but it's become a completely soulless genre. First of all, the girls of pop are not real artists, they are performers taken from well known TV shows who can "act" the role of a pop star. Record labels don't want to take a financial hit for investing too much money in real artists because they are not as marketable as famous people are. That's why there is no quality pop music, and the pop stars are completely manufactured.

You can't be a successful pop star unless Max Martin writes a song for you. Yet the man himself, as prolific as he may be is a complete mystery. Still, nobody can deny his talent.Want proof? check out this video: youtube.com/watch?v=UViOO67BGZs

The pop producers/song writers are so monolithic they basically expect young hopeful women to sleep with them without question. The whole Kesha/Dr Luke controversy is a good example of this. Pop stars are chosen for their youth and beauty, as well as how much bullshit they deal with.

Celebrity gossip may seem trivial until you look at it in a larger context. Throughout history humans have celebrated myths and legends that have similar reoccurring archetypes. The word "star" can actually be compared to the celestial constellations, as they too stand for myth and archetypes.

After one pop star falls off, that archetype must be filled again by someone new. Lady Gaga replaced Madonna, Ariana Grade replaced Jennifer Lopez, Nicki Minaj replaced Lil' Kim. There is always the good girl, the weird girl, the evil girl, the whore, the virgin, etc. They are all a part of a myth that must continue.

If a pop star refuses to step down after her time has passed, culture will tear her down and demean her in the form of tabloid stories. In this way pop has much in common with human sacrifice. I think the way pop music is created and received shows a lot about who we are as a culture

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/nuGt-ZG39cU
youtube.com/watch?v=aRcAvsZgjXA
youtube.com/watch?v=CV9IiefcVtk
billboard.com/articles/columns/chart-beat/8039420/taylor-swift-reputation-13-things-to-know-about-the-charts-this-week
billboard.com/charts/billboard-200
apple.com/au/itunes/charts/songs/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

this is how everything in corporate life is. you're not even discussing the music.
working at walmart can be fucking creepy. this is nothing new

that's why it' so good

Interesting analysis

I miss Timbaland.

For better or for worse, pop music will always capture the mood of a generation. Don't believe me, go watch Forest Gump. Almost every song in that film is pop. The problem is that nowadays instead of capturing the authentic mood of a generation, producers IMPOSE a mood. They do this by playing the same songs over and over and over on the radio until people start to enjoy them due to the exposure effect.

These songs are not healthy songs. They are not made by good people. The overall vibe being projected is not good for society.

I guess if you are a sociopath.

i like you OP

>First of all, the girls of pop are not real artists, they are performers taken from well known TV shows who can "act" the role of a pop star.

In the current pop landscape, thwt only describes Demi and Ariana, who are both genuinely talented singers, and Miley, who is no longer a relevant singer. This isn't even new, Disney has been grooming musicians since the 50s and Kylie Minogue was a soap actress before she was a singer.

>You can't be a successful pop star unless Max Martin writes a song for you

Max Martin bombed this year. He put his cart on the woke Katy Perry horse.

this
gucci gang and bodak yellow had nothing to do with max martin.

He's producing a few songs on a rappers tape coming out. His name is Ski mask The slump God

fuck....

great post btw

But Max flopped hard this year, Jack Antonoff and Metro Boomin is where it's at

He also co-wrote Tay Tay's new songs. He's just fine.

Here's another interesting video:
youtu.be/nuGt-ZG39cU

That's right, all these popstars are getting bodied by trap and soundcloud rappers

mind=blown

tay-tay flopped. worse than 1989
fucking ed sheeran bodied her this yr

peak Timbaland production was:

youtube.com/watch?v=aRcAvsZgjXA

along with the majority of bangers by Missy Elliott

literally what ?
released november and already the best-selling album of the year.

lol no

his stuff with nelly and jt is bumping m8
youtube.com/watch?v=CV9IiefcVtk

Anyone with "writters" or "producers" is a hack

>total flop
>lol no
billboard.com/articles/columns/chart-beat/8039420/taylor-swift-reputation-13-things-to-know-about-the-charts-this-week

so yeah, not that at all..

Max Martin's success is defined by his singles, and all of Tay's singles charted high from sheer hype before sinking like a rock. Her highest single is #39 right now, which is insane in an era where songs usually hold their peak position for a month.

>Her highest single is #39 right now

nope

billboard.com/charts/billboard-200

It's been like this since Tin Pan Alley

That's the albums chart.

apple.com/au/itunes/charts/songs/

3 in top 30 there...

are you retarded
i told you ed sheeran destroyed her and you just proved it again lmao