Just watched Moana

Now THAT'S how you write a strong female character.

Other urls found in this thread:

bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-37437316
youtube.com/watch?v=dQzAi-a9Bv8
youtube.com/watch?v=79DijItQXMM
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Summarize why, I'm not gonna watch a disney flick about island niggers

Fuck off Disney shill.

im an island nigger

Never brought up her gender at all. There was stuff for her to learn. Needed help from others and that wasn't a bad thing.

Somebody better be taking notes

Women cant be strong gtfo

bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-37437316
>Disney has withdrawn a children's costume promoting its forthcoming film Moana, after accusations of cultural appropriation.

>Activists said it was "brownface", or mocking of the culture by creating stereotypes.

Reminder that this movie is RACIST and if you watch it you watch it then you are a RACIST too

>women
>strong

To be fair the 2D animated tattoos stole the show and I'd be trying to bring attention to them as much as I could if I were Disney

Why is this the best song?
youtube.com/watch?v=dQzAi-a9Bv8

i'd strong her female character, if you get my drift

If I'm on your wavelength, you meant that you want to commit statutory rape with this underage BAME cartoon character.

In which case, shame on you

This.

Unless it had a Let It Go equivalent that's going to get a billion views on youtube, none of this matters

Ignoring gender doesn't make a strong female

It already has "How Far I'll Go," which is a better and more meaningful song imo if not as catchy.

Helps that there are no ice trolls too. Everything seems to fit the theme.

being reminded shes a grill btw is like reminding us how incompetent shes supposed to be

No, but everything else about her does. She wasn't a guy character in female form, she was very clearly a woman with... woman feelings.

>if not as catchy

Then who gives a shit. This combined with no costumes and limited merchandise (since it's been established that these are offensive to Polynesian culture) and this will be a drop in the Frozen ocean. And is therefore dead to Disney.

If you don't want to watch it, don't watch it. Not sure what you're trying to prove. I liked it more than Frozen and that's all I care about.

>Not sure what you're trying to prove
>Somebody better be taking notes

That all hope is lost because it will be neither as successful nor as memorable as Frozen, so Disney will go back a step everytime

You've stopped making sense.

What the fuck was up with that giant crab song?
It has got to be the most out of place and terrible song in a Disney film.

>all these fucking obvious shills
are you guys even trying?

He wants it to be considered a failure because he doesn't like brown people.

Makes me wonder what the Sup Forums reaction would be if Aladdin came out today.

What is a strong female character? Why are people so obsessed with this?

This is offensive to me !
DELETE IT!

Forget the story. Forget the characters. Forget everything, except one thing.... The water. God damn there water in this movie looked so fucking good.

because over 50 percent of the population is female, and at least half the male population isn't completely fucking stupid

So it's because roughly 75% of people are stupid?

Based Waititi does it again.

>numale hasnt watched any james cameron films

How are you even watching this? Every time I go to the Kinotorium I get kicked out because of the no singles policy.

The water and the hair was bar none some of the greatest animation I've ever seen. Puts Pixar to shame.

>that water
>that hair
>that 2D Maui tattoo
>that fluorescent crab sequence

One that doesn't have to take two days off every month for her period.

basically a female that
>doesn't depend on a man to be successful
>can function as "well as a man" while still retaining "femininity"

Nah, that's what the SJWs think it means.

Strong female character means, or SHOULD mean, a good character that happens to be a woman. No needless or contrived attention spent on the fact they have a vagina. They don't need to do things better or as well as a man and they don't have to be feminine. Just make them a good character that works well on its own.

Mary Sues are not strong characters, they're tools. Moana is probably the absolute best example of a female done right in recent memory.

Dat David Bowie tribute song the crab did was fucking fabulous

>good writing
>strong woman actor
Pick one.

>inb4 Ripley
Alien protagonist was changed for an actress at the last minute. Please leave already Disney, nobody cares.

Write a hero's journey adventure
Make the hero a female
Change nothing else
Wa la

If you ask me though, people shouldn't care about a strong female character, but a female character with a strong presence in the movie and relevance to the plot, good characterization, motivations, opinions, you know, the shit that makes us think of them as characters and not plot devices.

It's amusing to watch Americans struggle with this "strong female character" nonsense as if there was something immensely difficult about designing and writing female characters and anyone who succeeds should be given a round of applause.

>white kids want to dress up as the big brown guy because they think he's a fucking badass
>leftists scream racism

These are the same people who accused Japanese people of cultural appropriation or racism or something when they displayed kimono in an American museum and allowed visitors to try them on.

As a north american aboriginal, this was so respectful to their culture, it made me want to travel back in time and murder pocahontus.

>as if there was something immensely difficult about designing and writing female characters
THIS
It's not that they can't do it, it's that they don't want to do it.

>narrower hips than Lilo

Fuck off Disney, I can't fap to this

Kek

Good female characters aren't solely defined by sexuality, which is a problem with many today

yes but there's nothing more obnoxious than a "strong female character" with a chip on her shoulder who has to remind everyone that girls can do anything guys can do, maybe better

This. But we all know someone is going to complain that they just gender swapped out a male character...

Haven't watched it yet.

Is it really that good?
Or is Sup Forums high on memes again?

We already know they're doing Frozen 2 user

So apparently Dwayne Johnson can fucking sing now?

I can't stop listening to this

Ironic because she's a huge slut irl

there is no good song in the movie its all autotune earcancer

*furrows eyebrows*

*smirks*

haha guess I'm a western animation character now haha

It's amazing.
I just finished watching it illegally online, it's one of Disney's better films, it has zero romance in it, just pure good character writing and development, not to mention amazing fucking visuals.
The story is surprisingly okay, very charming but nothing out of the ordinary special.

>loses her boat in the first storm she comes across
>starts yelling at the ocean to check its privilege for ruining her boat
seriously?

fuck you disney shill for assuming xer gender

unless xe clearly states that in the movie

>that is how you write subtle gender ideology
>but disney still needs to shill it in tv threads case someone would miss it

yeah, clearly subtle

Never knew the Rock could actually sing. No, his WWE shit doesn't count