Sicario

What made this film turn out such a phenomenon? It's crazy a year after and people are still talking about it as if it came out last week.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=m5ja-xP_3v0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

This board made me buy it on Blu ray

It had this very "rough" feel to it. Very few Hollywood movies are like that these days.

Why doesn't anyone talk about how great Brolin is in this?

this movie wasn't that good

Brolin is always great. Doesn't need to be said.

honestly 10/10 movie

honestly 0/10 movie

>It's crazy a year after and people are still talking about it as if it came out last week.

Who is? Where? When? How are you distinguishing between what people should say about a film at release and one year later?

I haven't seen anything about this film in months until this thread

the average moviegoer is so dumb and tasteless that, to an audience raised on marvel films and transformers, even a completely mediocre, forgettable film like shitario can be mistaken for greatness if it lacks enough colour, humour and 'splosions to be marketed as "serious" or "gritty."

/thread

I think you've hit the nail on the head here. 20 years ago this would have just gone down as a good film, gotten no where near the hype it has received and be forgotten within a few months. Now there is such a genuine dirth of good movies that something like this comes along and it gets hyped to levels far removed from its actual quality. The same process is happening in the horror genre with wholly unoriginal flicks like The Conjuring or The Babadook

>implying Sicario isn't the Heat of 2010's
Think about it.

>Mediocre.
I'd call the film what it is, garbage. Villeneuve is a horrible director.

heat is overrated but it at least has *something* to back-up the acclaim. sicario is just empty and dull, like all of villeneuve's work

Heat has as much substance as Sicario, if not less.

>heat is overrated
And you're a contrarian with your head so far up your own ass, that you can smell the semen Tyrone injected there last night.

It wasn't garbage. It was just completely mediocre and forgettable.

>le contrarian buzzword.
Learn to formalize your own thoughts.

heat is a cops-and-robbers fairy tale with likeable characters, visceral, impressive action, and a memorably dramatic ending. sicario isn't
>And you're a contrarian with your head so far up your own ass, that you can smell the semen Tyrone injected there last night.
well argued my friend :^)

I already argued and all you can do is spout Sup Forums-tier buzzwords such as "overrated". Overrated means nothing. You might aswell write "I didn't like it". But you are so intent on passing off your opinions as facts that you would rather use the term overrated which implies everyone else is simply wrong but you. Go fuck yourself.

Sicario is a cops-and-soldiers fairy tale with likeable characters, visceral, impressive action, and a memorably dramatic ending
;)

Oh if it only was that.

Al Pacino is terrible in Heat.
His characters family life scenes were horrible.
Waingro being mustache twirling edgelord evil was horrible.
Neil's love interest couldn't act and all the scenes were bad

Mann in general a shit

You didn't argue shit, you just said "no u contrarian"

Go hang yourself off your umbilical cord faggot

Jesus Christ this thread attracted the Sup Forums Special Eds kids pretty fast.

>every movie is overrated
>look at me, the patrician I hate everything

It's easy to be cynical and pretentious on the Internet because nobody will bother to call your shit out.

>saying everything is shit is arguing
Like I said, literal Sup Forums garbage poster. You're garbage man.

I think the best parts were Emily freaking out every time things escalated. She was very believable. And the trip into Juarez and back was a great sequence. It was super tense and you got a sense of dread when they were going in. Just great directing, writing, acting and score for those scenes.

no it isn't. it's another glib attempt at post-9/11 realism and "moral uncertitude," something like "the kingdom" (2007) or zero dark thirty. it's a film that wants to present itself as smart and politically "wired-in" but is actually just dumb, empty, hollywood tripe in a slick package. imagine the film photographed by someone other than deakins and watch the facade of quality slip away

>Literal garbage Sup Forums poster.
1. You didn't argue shit.
2. This is the second time you buzzword.
3. HEAT and Sicario defenders are the Sup Forums garbage scum looking for their "le operator kinos".

i don't disagree with any of that, except your saying mann sucks. that's why i said heat is overrated

You are the one responding with memes, you illiterate stupid faggot.

God I started fucking laughing when the 50 year old fatman goes on a fucking massacre to get his way to a drug kingpins mansion.

And then has the generic standoff where he is the big bad the badass and boring sleek overview when he kills them

Fucking Deakins is apiece of shit hack

You're still doing it. It's pretty hard when someone calls you out, isn't it? When you shout and scream that everything is shit and overrated and nobody replies, it's not because you're right. It's because nobody wants to argue with an idiot.

what is it about criticising villeneuve that triggers people like you so badly? why is he so sacred to you?

mann did a tv movie of heat that was originally supposed to be a cop series

>Deakins

people always praise him but Arrival was the most forgettable, placid visual displays of first contact I have ever seen

It's fucking great, and as said it didn't really have that 21st century "sleek" feeling that crime thrillers usually have. It could have been made in the 70's and wouldn't have been out of place other than the modern technology.

Third strike for the buzzwording "no u" Sup Forums kinoposter faggot.
Fourth time you do it!

I know. You can easily tell Heat is a TV (or a miniseries) condensed into a film runtime and it suffers a lot from it.

>complains about buzzwords
>uses ''le'' since he cant from his own thoughts
wow you really showed him big boy

>board that spends its days idolizing Marvel garbage attempts film criticism

I fucking love this shot

i like deakins but his post 2007 work isn't all that great

It was used udner quotation marks and refers to the shit threads with the fat 50 year old mexican operator as their op image

If you can't tell this you are literal newfaggot.

This.Every gulliable retard became a film critic here just because they watched a few holywood films.

he didn't work on Arrival

what are you talking about? this is pretty much the only internet community that doesn't laud and idolise marvel. this board coined the term "capeshit" for christ's sale

Says the newfag

The criticism posted here isn't backed up with any argument - saying it's just "dumb, empty, hollywood tripe in a sleek package" doesn't count for shit if you can't actually explain your accusations.

except the people criticising this film are the people who dislike Marvel, and the ones who like Villeneuve are your shallow capeshit fanboys and IMDBcore patrons

This scene though

You're a fucking idiot who doesn't even know how to use buzzword properly, might not even know what a buzzword is. If you're going to call someone out for using buzzwords, they have to actually use buzzwords. Calling you an illiterate faggot isn't "buzzwording"

I'm actually watching through Charlie Chaplin's filmography but taking a pause to shitpost into a Sup Forums thread in Sup Forums

formatting and syntax of your post is absolutely bonkers, English isn't your first language, is it?

it's a waste of time to present in-depth criticism to someone dumb enough to like villeneuve's crap in the first place

this shot screams reddit, not watching now

>people who criticise this are genuine film fans
>dude its shit lmao
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

omg! he shot his wife and kids! so le dark and le edgy!

You said "memes", it's a buzzword (like buzzword is but this is too meta for your capeshit Shitcario brain) - illiterate faggot.

Was pretty much the most weak assed "brutal" scene I've seen that year.

I've seen a film start with wood chopping that was more brutal, scary and fearsome than this boring genericly shot shite.

youtube.com/watch?v=m5ja-xP_3v0

>le dark and le edgy
How many days have you been on Sup Forums? You keep making these low-quality posts and you'll risk a rightful ban.

>in-depth criticism
>dude its shit and ur a faggot
try harder

See, now you're just showing me that you're a contrarian faggot who likes hating on shit for the sake of hating it.
See, this is how you faggots argue, with "muh capeshit" and "muh not-capeshit". I fucking hate Marvel and capeshit in general, the last capeshit movie I've seen in theaters was Iron Man 1, and yet I loved Sicario.

>as the commandos sink into darkness they each purposefully don tinted goggles that change their perception. as in they are willingly duping themselves with the commander's dogma which is why they become steeped in darkness.

literally fucking poetry

pol shitposter detected, take your 40 IQ back there

that's what i said, yeah. instead of providing in-depth comments i'd rather just call you an idiot and be done with it

I honestly don't care enough to justify my hate on garbage like Villenu on Sup Forums.

if you wan't more in-depth answer you can always come to #film at Rizon and ask in the chat.

What the fuck is this shit? That cinematographer needs to calm the fuck down

cry more, triggered villeneuve baby

>You said "memes"

I said nothing that was my first post ITT I'm just pointing out that you're an idiot, nothing meta about your use of the word buzzword.

Because it isn't like your genericly shot crap like Sicario where Deakins makes it look Netflix-y as possible

pleb.

>it's so garbage that nobody else does it, therefore it's good

>you don't like my favourite flick so that means ur a contrarian lol
opinion discarded

Maybe its because you are an underage faggot that doesnt have enough film experience to form a valid criticism other than complaining about trivial shit that dont even matter.

god you're a dumb piece of shit

>fellates villeneuve
>accuses other of lack of film experience
lol

>favourite flick
wew never said this
if all you can do is shit on a movie without even starting to explain just what about it is bad at all, you are just being a contrarian
There is literally no reason for you to even be in this thread other than naysaying like a faggot because it gives you some (you)s

Baneposting killed this board by attracting a bunch of Sup Forums faggots that dont know shit about cinema

>im going to post the most obscure scene I can find so I can look like a pretentious pseudointellectual smug cunt on a Summerian kek praising forum
>that way everyone will know how cultured and informed i am and i wont have to explain or back up any of my opinions beyond "it was shit" or "i didnt like it"

its a well known fact that only numales and feminazis dislike this flick, so...

Fucking this.

eckkss dee broo xdd

Oh look, a pleb being defensive in front of a non-conformist cinema

For me it was about the silence in that scene. Yes its pretty damn brutal but come on seriously. Brutal? Brutal and death is fucking easy to make.

You want to see brutal and fearsome? Go on to liveleak and watch war videos. Or better, go watch documentries about chechnya.
What im trying to say is that there is a difference between cinematography and pure brutalness. That scene was powerful in the scene of film making

>There is literally no reason for you to even be in this thread other than naysaying
that's exactly why i'm in this thread. if i see a villeneuve circlejerk i'm going to disrupt the monotony and inject a dissenting opinion. deal with it

villeneuve sucks. cry more

An opinion is all you have, utterly lacking of the substance needed to pay heed.

>Sup Forums faggots

you mean redditards, the sort of IMDBcore virgins who idolise Villeneuve, post in game of thrones and doctor who generals and unironically enjoy marvel capeshit

And you are a virgin underage who has a shit taste.Cry more kek

then don't

If you actually loved cinema you'd give us reasons why you think this is a bad movie and recommend something better. All you actually do is bitch and moan. Just look at all those embarrassing replies you're making.
An opinion amounting to nothing more than "it's shit lol plebs" is, ironically, a shit opinion.

villeneuve sucks. be more triggered

2shaky4me
Seriously this is fucking Man of Steel level shakycam.

Silence sure. but it was visually boring to watch. Deakins is a one trick pony used by bad directors to cover their lack of visual talent, visual storytelling, through surface level tricks and gimmicks.

Then again Villenu is a pleb director for plebs trying to make a lot of bucks so what can you expect other than boring, generic, non-offensive shite

>says the fag that is getting triggered
pottery

This is what women do lads, take note. A woman sees a group of men off to the corner, laughing among themselves, slapping each other on the back, having a few brews, talking about sports, movies, sluts, whatever. She can't fucking stand it because she cant understand it because women are vindictive and deceitful and underhanded by nature. They can't enjoy the company of other women because they know they're all going to turn on each other at the drop of a hat.

So that woman goes over to that group of men and in 5 seconds flat sucks everything out of whatever fun they were having and instead of being a part of it, she derives pleasure from shutting it down, for being their center of attention for 5 seconds.

This is why women fail to understand movies/tv/media aimed directly at men. They can't grasp concepts like "brotherhood" or "not being a lying stealing cunt".

>what! you don't like villeneuve? let's hear you recommend something better then!
just more crying from triggered villeneuveplebs angry that someone dared to question their god

>being this jaded
Stop going to Sup Forums and /gif/'s war threads. This scene was important because it makes it fully clear that le sicario man is no better than the people he's hunting, not because it was le dark edgy.

>Disney shills literally can't handle Villenueve

You can't even explain why you think he sucks and why you think his movies are bad. You can't even articulate and convey your own opinion in a concise matter. Because you either don't have one, a genuine opinion of your own, or you are just too stupid to understand why you didn't like the movie or the director. All you've done is spout buzzwords like "its all Netflix-y".

Oh my fucking god.

Villeshit plebs think this flew over people's head.s

my fucking sides

>don't like villeneuve? ur a girl!!!
lol. this is a new one. you are really scraping the bottom here

I think you are on the wrong sub-board since this is definately not Sup Forums.