>slight pause
>play iconic classic rock song intro
>repeat every 20 seconds

>open with House of the Rising Sun
>unironically use Sympathy for the Devil

such meme choices

>exposition
>memes
This proves that their test audience was literally Sup Forums.

Release of the David Ayer cut WHEN?

i mean i dont know how you avoid exposition in a movie with like six characters you have no background on

it's still super low effort

>This proves that their test audience was literally Sup Forums.
They played "It Ain't me".

No shit there was obviously one person in the audience who browsed Sup Forums or this proves that the industry does come on Sup Forums now and then to see what we like.

>it aint me also starts playing

Literally the only movie I've walked out on in ages and I sat through The Avengers II and Batman Vs. Superman. It was just fucking trailer upon trailer, I don't have the attention span of a five year old ADHD high on sugar and hate being treated as such.

Also low PGI ratings fuck over anything that could make capeshit cool.

Are you really so retarded that after all this time you fail to understand just how popular that song is that it has always gotten play in movies and trailers even before Sup Forums itself existed?

>gets forced to kill self
>butchered cut makes it look like The Joker shot him
>all with retarded psychedelic effects
Literally why?

>daddy, i know you do bad things
>but dont worry, i still love you

the """script"""

WB fucked up by putting a Harley/Joker movie, Boomerang movie, Diablo movie, Flag movie, A deadshoot movie,Suicide Squad movie all into a 2 hour thing.

Same way WB fucked up by putting Man of Steel 2, Batman V Superman and Dawn of Justice into a 2 and a half hour movie (3 hours for BvS extended cut) but still...

I AM ANNOYED with their decision to race so fast with these movies to catch up with the MCU who have properly done a separate Cap America, Iron Man, Ant Man, Hulk movie first before they did the Avengers.

We could have had a great Harley and Joker movie, seeing the full scenes of Jared if they made that first instead of cramming it all together.

>Ant Man
He of course got his own film after the Avengers was released BUT THEY WAITED to make a standalone Ant Man movie before including him in an Avengers

>Seven Nation Army

I'd say the Croc intro pretty much confirms.

The WB cut of Suicide Squad Club Scene

Joker
>"You enjoying yourself?"

Monster T
>"Nahh man she is your girl."

Joker
>"Yeah that's right."

Camera cuts to Johnny Frost

Monster T
>"JOKER NO!"

Gun shot is heard. Monster T's head falling down as cut to close up of Joker's face.

>End scene
youtube.com/watch?v=vhe3vSe-mmw

>This is how a professional studio edited a movie

>fingered some of T's smart-guyness off of her face

what?

Pieces of brain.

Is the Jokers power teleportation?

I liked the movie but it wasn't great. I never read the comics so went in with no expectation.

Still better than all the Christian Bale capeshit.

wwwe wrewretrewtrqrt wett

it's gotta be one of those things where you know you dont have the footage and you end up working with the clips so long in post that you have retard blindness to how it will look to someone seeing it for the first time

>I never read the comics so went in with no expectation
I enjoyed this more after seeing the Killing Joke.

>Ah now comes the chemical scene as I remember Joker's tormented life and how he was forever changed when he fell in

The animation in TKJ was terrible, what the fuck. And you can tell that both Conroy and Hamill phoned it in.

>Still better than all the Christian Bale capeshit.
most contrarian post ive seen all day

Good story. Would read again.

Fuckit I'm gonna read it again right now..

>you end up working with the clips so long in post that you have retard blindness to how it will look to someone seeing it for the first time
Which is why my film teacher told me to show the film to someone else so they can give you feedback on it as an outside source.

WB clearly kept their music video editors on the project 24/7 and didn't give a shit with how the film looked.

>Theatrical cut
>Has a flashback of Harley aiming a gun at Joker's face
>Wait what? We never actually see the full scene
>Oh you have to buy the extended cut to know what happened here

>buy

More fool you.

Someone did an edit or something. I think.

Going through shock treatment makes everything feel like it speeds up in certain moments.

Didn't you know? That is probably the symbolism that the editors were going for here.

Are you retarded user? She's always been stacked

someone post that fast and furious edit with the rock and vin diesel that made zero sense

>He thinks someone re-edited the footage so it doesn't look this bad
HAHAHAHA nope this is EXACTLY how the scene was edited.

Here watch it here
youtube.com/watch?v=NpCsSuDONik

>Joker torturing Harley
>Joker and Harley at the club
>Joker car chase
>3 scenes = only 4 minutes
WHAT THE FUCK

>it was the one story they'd both wanted to do for years
>fans were hyped as fuck
>it was awful in every conceivable way

Truly this is the worst timeline

>40 minutes of Christian Bale talking
>30 minutes of Christian Bale talking in a deep voice
>10 minutes of action
>10 minutes of flashbacks
>michael caine

Yeah, great movie.

David Ayer
>"Now you see, Joker telling Frost to not kill Harley represents Joker's first clear response that he actually doesn't want to see Harley die as throughout the film we do get him falling more obsessed with her."

WB Editor
>"Who cares? This isn't a Joker movie. We make Joker short and cut back to Amanda introducing the characters."

David Ayer
>"Yeah but I believe this scene is perfect. It also introduces how Joker gets his purple coat as one of his henchmen are carrying it. And then when we see Joker wearing the coat again we recognize it in the Van Criss scene when he is obsessed to get Harley back."

WB
>"I don't fucking care."

Batman Begins and The Dark Knight is God tier.

The Dark Knight Rises is shit tier.

for you

>they came in, they fucked it up. they killed the goose.
>what did I learn as a kid, on western. You don't sell a guy one car. You sell him five cars over fifteen years.
>these guys come in, "oh the blah blah blah...I know what I"ll do, I'll go out and rob everybody blind and go to Argentina cuz nobody's ever thought of this before." so they kill the goose

Well, they're making a shitload of nice figures though.

Keaton was the best imo. Even Clooney.. well.. he tried. But Bale was just boring as fuck. I fell asleep the first time I watched DK probably due to his voice.

I'm glad Bale is gone. I like Bale, just not as Batman.

batman begins is mediocre tier. I would put it on par with batman cartoons and comics, while the other nolan movies and bvs go far beyond the limits of cartoon and comics.

the dark knight and the dark knight rises are excellent tier

bvs is "definitive batman" tier

>boss makes impossible demand
>worker know it's not possible
>worker procrastinates and hands in shitty attempt

just normie things these editors go through

TDKR is kino in its purest form

>most kino director
>most kino batman
>most kino CIA
>most kino dialogue

>the dark knight and the dark knight rises are excellent tier
No.

>real slim shady plays

r u fucking joking me

it's a great song

think im the only here old enough to get that filename joke,
its alright

No Fucking thanks, this movie is shit

Well please Mr Simpson, why don't you explain it to the rest of the class?

its the only one i enjoyed/thougt fit.

>Without Me by Eminem plays during the Harley suiting up scene

What the fuck audience do they want? No millenial under the age of 23 knows that fucking song

literally can't
only 90s kids will get this joke
:^) :^) :^)

it's a reference to the venture bros episode

>will smith playing deadshot playing will smith

This is legitimately one if the worst big budget movies of all time. Even the sfx were garbage

it was actually "Without Me"

>white people that shit

I sure am glad race had nothing to do with his character

im sure the comic is similar but the storyline is just too fucking contrived to be enjoyable

>we've got all these ridiculously OP plot-armored antiheroes with no morals
>we will keep them in line with an even more OP ________
>we will put them against a villain that is more OP than our _______ but not them

i guess it could work if the characters were compelling and it had a little self awareness of its stupidity

>Even the sfx were garbage
And yet it got an Oscar nom for those.

Fuck you

well the song's lyrics pretty much sum up what is happening

>Guess who's back, back again
>Shady's back, tell a friend
>Guess who's back, guess who's back
>Guess who's back, guess who's back

The Squad are back. And it helps an old song to be well known again.

Remember Deadpool's intro song? It was some 60's tune I think.

>mike lowry as deadshot

you did NOT just get fries on my rifle!

Is this kino?
youtube.com/watch?v=Bf1CnxAFvig

There's an animated Suicide Squad movie WB put out a few years ago that's almost the same story, but better in every aspect.

Basically all the same principal characters, better inclusions of both the Joker and Batman, better overall plot with no CGI world-destroying supermodel.

Despite being a cartoon it was also a lot less juvenile.

>posts the wrong eminem song
well I am a cuck so I guess you can all forgive me

>The Squad are back.

What the fuck does that even mean? No one knew what the Suicide Squad was before this movie was shilled everywhere, and in the actual universe it's the first time the squad has been formed.

Not to mention it plays during a Harley Quinn scene, and she's never been in a goddamn movie before that wasn't a cartoon.

>not casting this guy as the suicide squad's wrangler

>Without Me by Eminem's music video is about super heroes
OHHHH now It all makes sense why they chose this song
youtube.com/watch?v=YVkUvmDQ3HY

>The Squad are back

This is the first time they're doing a mission, which is honestly the biggest problem in that it's an origin movie, Taskforce X/Suicide Squad should have been something already established but with the advent of Superman they decided that they need to get members with metahuman abilities, maybe have Deadshot as the one member who has come back from every mission.

Really makes you think

that would be probably be a good idea, to just start the whole fucking thing "In medias res"

but it would take a lot more subtlety and you couldnt just use the "babby's guide to exposition" approach

That's Assault on Arkham right?

>your daughter writes you every day

really?
she fucking handwrote a letter to her mercenary absent dad every goddamn day?

Yeah.
Really good stuff.

Man, they don't do music videos the way they used to.

>over the top violence
>hot girls
>the plot is basically a Escape from New York remake with DC characters

Basically a 80s dumb action flick, what's not to like? I mean when we complained about Civil War being absolute trash you told me that it didn't matter because it was fun, well this was fun too. You can't have it both ways

But don't you remember they established that Deadshot is a great father that provides for her and the mother is a deadbeat that she has to take care of with a loser boyfriend?

I mean sure he lied about being a killer but she still loves him! And wasn't it great how she used assassination methods as a way to solve her homework?

So cute.

Civil war was shit, this was shit.
Boring characters and boring story.
Comparing this marvel shit to Escape from New York is blasphemy.

>over the top violence
killing faceless mooks without no stakes or danger
>hot girls
yeah, Harley was the only good thing about the movie
without EfNY wit, pacing, stakes, twists

>Basically a 80s dumb action flick, what's not to like?

It's not the 80s and it wasn't even half as good as Escape To New York?

>No millenial under the age of 23 knows that fucking song
I'm 19 and everyone I know has at least heard the song.

>over the top violence
Killing faceless magic zombies is lame
>hot girls
Katana was the only one I wanted to fuck
Except total shit.

>what's not to like?
Everything from the editing to the music to the acting to the writing.

>Civil war was shit, this was shit.

This is the only acceptable opinion.

>killing faceless mooks without no stakes or danger

Just like every 80s action movie then, better than fucking Chitauris at least

>It's not the 80s

Don't remind me

the plot from escape from new york is AS contrived as this but the writer/director/actors are actually aware of it and using it as a means to explore interesting shit with effects and set pieces

>hurr marvel shit

Why does Captain America always need to be mentioned by people who defend shitty DC movies?

>Just like every 80s action movie then, better than fucking Chitauris at least

Escape From New York had a cool villain
Commando had several
Die Hard had a bunch
Rambo's "villains" were great

Fuck off.

>Deadshot had a son named Edward Lawton (nicknamed Eddie) who appeared in the original Deadshot series. He is later sodomized and killed by Wes Anselm.

would have loved to see them work that storyline in kek

>Why does Captain America always need to be mentioned by people who defend shitty DC movies?

I was talking about the Avengers flicks which I find just as bad as this shit, the three of them. I liked both Caps movies, especially the first

Also I think you guys need to rewatch EfNY asap

Why would you objectively critique a movie when you can just say that at least it was better than the competition who are all a bunch of doodoo heads and the actors are cucks?

I've seen Escape from New York like 15 times, fuckhead. It's by no means amazing but it doesn't try to be, unlike fucking Suicide Squad which tried to be a neon edgefest that reminded me of like Mortal Kombat 2 adds that would say "THE GAME YOUR MOM HATES" or whatever.

I don't like any of these trashy superhero movies but you're fucking delusional if you think the DC ones aren't waaaaaay shittier, and Suicide Squad is the fucking worst of them all, I'd rather watch Green Lantern, because that at least wasn't edited by an 11 year old memelord.

>hot girls
>plural

I hope you are not implying that Cara Delevingne is hot user

how did this movie make so much money

its really really terrible even by capeshit standards

Nope, this Deadshot apart from being a world class killer loves puppies and rainbows, he never killed his brother by accident, doesn't have a deathwish or a mother who hired him through a proxy to kill his father.

Because FRESH PRINCE BABY!