"And on this great day, allow our two great North American nations be united as one and so forth and so forth ..."

>"And on this great day, allow our two great North American nations be united as one and so forth and so forth ..."

How do you react?

Celebrate the fact that leaf is dead

Indifferent. Canada is USA's bitch anyway

To me they are basically the same country.

A lot more neutralish answers than I expected t b h

exactly this

Probably go assassinate someone

Celebrate that we are no long limited to shit dollars and shit .ca versions of websites.

If you had asked me five years ago, I would have been more resistant to it

But nowadays I'm starting to feel like merging with USA would only help our state of affairs and decelerate our current trajectory

I would give zero shits though our Muslim/Chinese pop will increase and they'll have more blacks and beaners.

Have any nations peacefully joined together in recent history? Or ever, for that matter?

Austro-Hungary
Czechoslovakia

Like merged borders?

I think some parts of Germany did this during Unification and West and East Germany merged peacefully.

I can't think of any other examples and I play a lot of autistic historical map games.

ok whatever.
What changes?

I'd rather not drag another country down with us.

I don't want to merge with all 50 states

>I don't want to merge with all 50 states
Fuck you too.
t.New England

>How do you react?
>lol, poor americans, first get invaded by south america, get Trumped and now they have to deal directly with their retarded northerner cousins.

New England is nice, but its unfortunately on the other side of ontario/new york/detroit/chicago/etc

It goes together with Quebec and the maritimes though

Finally Americans stop acting like teenagers pretending to be Romans and get themselves a proper parliamentary system

I'd be glad that the Yankee accepted our Queen

England and Scotland
Which had been the keikaku for a long time but clashes over who was going to unite the countries and under which religion(s) kept getting in the way

How many war concubines do we get?

>Austria-Hungary
Lolno
We had to wage a war 19 years before the compromise.
(Hard to explain, but that war laid the foundation for the later reforms and governments)

And czechs and slovaks didn't join into a common state, Czechoslovakia was artificially created.