/pg/ pedals general

just got this dod gonk pedal had to tell someone. what are you excited about? what do you think chase bliss will do next?

I've had an EHX Micro Metal Muff sitting in my room for ages that I never really used because it just sounds like such garbage. I wonder if the fact that the outside says "made in NYC" while the inside says "made in china" is just the usual lying to customers or a sign that it's a shitty bootleg.

>the inside says "made in china"
i did not know about this! I always had a sneaking suspicion about them ever since they stopped making big box style ehx pedals anyways, pic related on an isoalted power supply is pretty great

>want more pedals
>can't even play guitar or write a song
w2c talent?

just switch to synth. synths are the new failed guitarist instrument.

Already got synths and I started on drums, just can't string parts together to make it a whole song.

remove several strings from guitar.

go from there.

I'll just end up playing the Airbag riff tho

>anything by death by audio makes me feel all tingly and warm inside

Half the shit I hear of their's just sounds real bad but I want it anyway

What's some good pedals for noise music?

loopers+maxgain

I'm looking for pedals to make shoegaze with. I've been looking at reverb and delay, but what are some other effects that I should look into?

High-quality, versatile digital reverb is probably the most important factor. You may want to find a higher end DR with storable presets or buy 2-3 lower cost units to dial in different textures that can be stacked. It’s also very important to use an amp with plenty of headroom.

whammy in deep mode

having a bunch of distortion and delay pedals in 2 or 4 channel mixer. probably skip on the phaser and chorus pedals to be honest.

1 just study live shows on youtube and see how the used pedals react to tweaking.. then judge what you like/don't like and need/don't need , its how i built my setup overtime and im p happy with it

2 know what kind of noise you want to make and buy your pedals accordingly

3 setting rules for arranging setups really helps me and it might for you too.. aka having a certain formula

i realize youre asking for pedals but check out the reverse reverb setting on yamaha fx500, its relatively affordable, kevin shields uses it and it might inspire you

yeah it pretty much doesnt get more uninspiring than this

Good point user. That music was made with pedals that would be considered very mundane today.