youtube.com/watch?v=FwEPk8tJdps
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Because he was a soyboy manlet raised on a vegan diet

GOD DAMN YOU QUARTER JAPANESE GIRLS

I'M SO DUMB SHE'S A LESBIAN

>ILL BRING HOME THE BACON
what did he mean by this

>IF I'M A DOG YOU ARE A BITCH
I still don't understand what the fuck was he thinking. Why the fuck he putted this verse in a song like butterfly?

gosh dang you 1/256th japnose grallz

a lot of lyrics can seem bad/cringey out of context, but he does outdo himself sometimes with shit like
>She's in the air (in the air)
In between molecules of
Oxygen and carbon dioxide

Yeah tbqh I'm not sure why anyone still takes this record (or this band) seriously famalam. The cringe is practically wall-to-wall.

>I GOT MY ASS WIDE

it's a good album.
the lyrics are a part of the charm.
the only other album of there's i like as much as this one is EWBAITE

GOT DAMN YOU 3,4543/4 JAPANESE TITTAYS

nah, blue/pinkerton weezer is one of the best bands of all time. green onwards is like a different band, those first 2 albums are beautiful.

He's a weird nerd and he writes weird nerd lyrics. It at least sounds very genuine, if anything.

>Gotta play it cool like you just don’t care
Soon I be playing in your underwear
I’m like a mage with a magic spell
You come like a dog when I ring your bell

What they fuck is with this soyboy and comparing women to dogs? He doesn’t seem like a feminist, so it’s not like he’s even trying to hide it.

There’s a guy on my debate team who has a huge crush on a girl in the team who is half Japanese, so one day when he wasn’t around I played the debate team El Scorcho and now that’s what we all call him.

he's talking about Jad Fair's girls

that song is sick though

rivers is just being himself man... he might be on the spectrum desu
at the very least being a sheltered white person from CT raised by hippies got to him

>feeling too cool for weezer
nofunallowed.jpg

worst on that album by far come from buddy holly.

"Bang! Bang!
Knock on the door
Another big bang, get down on the floor
Oh no! What do we do?
Don't look now but I lost my shoe
I can't run and I can't kick
What's a matter, babe, are you feelin' sick?
What's a matter, what's a matter, what's a matter you?
What's a matter, babe, are you feelin' blue? Oh-oh!
(And that's for all time
And that's for all time)"

>Listen to butterfly
>"Damn, this is beaut..."
>IF I'M A DOG THEN YOU'RE A BITCH
Can someone exlain this verse to me? What the fuck is wrong with cuomo?

the funniest part is that your on a debate team

>tfw yellow fever

my favorite album desu

t. Soyboy

>They don't make stationery like this where I'm from
>So fragile, so refined
>So I sniff and I lick your envelope
>And fall to little pieces every time

I wonder what clothes you wear to school
I wonder how you decorate your room
I wonder how you touch yourself
And curse myself for being across the sea

her butt looks really bad in that drawing

it's a sly reference to SFTBH

youtube.com/watch?v=FwEPk8tJdps

Rivers has stated that lyically Pinkerton is like getting too drunk at a party and embarrassing yourself.
That's the charm. It's just too honest

>getting the lyrics wrong
what did he mean by this?

damn japanese girls

what's with these homies dissin' my girl

Weezer blows and their fans are losers without exception

I feel cheated. Tired of sex was a really good song, why the album wasn't on that level? Why cuomo only screams in the first song? Should emo have a lot of screams?

Isn't this song about the riots and racial tensions of 92? Kinda makes sense

Weezer has never been emo.
They are power-pop.

What the fuck?
fucking lol. How the fuck did you get to that conclusion?

>conclusion
That's literally what it is about, back in those days there were tensions between koreans and blacks in LA

>Don't you ever fear, I'm always near
>I know that you need help
>Your tongue is twisted, your eyes are slit
>You need a guardian

He's defending his korean friend from bullying

yeah, I don't really hear it either

God dang ol' 1/2048th thai women

>He's defending his korean friend from bullying
The opening line is "What's with these homies dissin' my girl?"
Are you trying to say that rivers is a literal faggot?

b-but I never said his friend was a male

I think the immaturity of Pinkerton is kind of the point. Its supposed to be about the parts of Rivers that he is most ashamed of and I think thats what makes the album so endearing and incredible.

why is pinkerton Sup Forumscore again? it's such a shitty album.
>that part where they have to stop playing on across the sea because rivers had a pair of pantsu on his head while singing and tripped and fell over pat's drum set and they had to set it up again but kept recording but only until they finish setting up the drums again
>that part where matt's E string snaps on why bother and rivers whips his cock out and tells him to strum that instead, all the while matt is repeating the last word of rivers' sentences one octave higher
>that part in getchoo where brian stops playing cause he wants to go to mcdonalds so rivers brings the mic and when they get there he records the mexican working the drivethru saying "wha can i getchoo" and as soon as that last word is out he goes "AHUH" real loud and just keeps doing it for like 15 minutes until brian decides he wants a big mac with no pickles and a shamrock shake but it's july and they don't have them and the total is $1.45 and just after they leave matt says he wants a medium fries and asks to go back but rivers won't say yes or no he just repeats whatever matt says but in a much higher pitch voice and in an extremely racist chinese accent
>that part where rivers is sampling the evangelion theme on el scorcho but it's really fucking loud and you can hear his mom open the basement door and yell it him to turn it down but like really far back into the mix because it's just so fucking loud so eventually instead of arguing with her he just starts singing along so you hear "rivers you fucking faggot turn that crap down" interwoven with "hotobashiru atsui patosu de, omoide wo uragiru nara"
>that part in butterfly where brian rips a really long fart and he and pat are giggling about it in the background and rivers pretends not to hear them but he's getting annoyed that they're distracting him and you can hear him getting progressively more peeved as the song goes on
who can listen to this garbage unironically????

God damn you shit threads

the lyrics are part of the charm of this album

I love this pastA

This is the worst pasta to ever appear on this board

>Getting this triggered by a swear word

He's using dogs to extend the animal metaphor central to the song, you goober.

t. rivers

It's literally about one time Matt, Pat and either Brian or Jason were making fun of his Korean friend. That's literally it

Rivers is great at writing hooks, dumb cunts.

>The cringe is practically wall-to-wall
Tbh that's part of the reason people like it I think. The lyrics are so incredibly awkward it's amazing. It sort of adds to the 'theme' of the album in a weird way (the 'theme' might be more appropriately called the album's 'feel'). It's like someone getting drunk, confessing a bunch of embarrassing shit and then regretting it the next day. Whether intentionally or not, Rivers wrote what is essentially that story you don't want anyone hearing about, which your next of kin will inevitably tell everyone at the next family event they go to, and every single one which will follow. Yeah, there's some pretty stupid fucking lines on this thing, but I still love it.

>he drinks soy

Rivers is purposefully being misogynist in those verses because he is using that segment to homage rap music.

honestly not a bad nickname to have in high school

I have you beat.

I have a friend who is about Rivers' height, with a huge Asian fetish, majored in the same thing Rivers did, and - get this - literally had to walk with a cane at one point. Not only that, but he also was literally in the same scenario as Pink Triangle.

His entire life up to this point has been Pinkerton.

Power pop had a huge resurgence in the 90's, as well as prog. Just in very different incarnations. Sure, you had Weezer and Nirvana and Teenage Fanclub on the power pop area, but the entire slackercore punk (and Britpop) of that era falls into it, while post-hardcore and post-rock looped back around to prog, while in the UK bands like Radiohead and The Verve were very proggy.