The Arrival

Kino of the year award
Really makes you think

Do aliens circumcise their babies?

i might go see this tonight

>nothing but shitty camrips so far

ree

I travelled 3 hours by ferry and train to my nearest cinema to watch Arrival.

You have literally no excuse.

>giving the satanic pedophile Hollyjews money

I don't bloody think so lad

couldn't find a decent torrent for it

everything is """"HD""" Cam, i.e. people recording the screen with their phone.

A fucking americlap clapped when the movie ended...

so were the aliens in the spaceship or was it like a portal to seeing them in a different planet?

they were actually there, the bomb killed one of them remember

Arrival is practically capeshit. The film was made so middlebrow viewers like you can tip your film buff hats and be tricked into feeling like you're a somehow more discerning viewer, appreciating the medium on a level beyond the plebes, but it's normiecore schlock all the same. This film was Nolan level spoonfeeding trash, Villeneuve just hasn't gotten to the point where his name has become unfashionable yet.

aw look it's baby's first troll

>le one word title director

joke. he's actually really good

how did that happen
they had a forcefield

>Remarking that the best film of the year is the best film of the year, with meme terminology, counts as trolling now
2016 truly is the end times eh?

it's really good but could've been better without the cheap tricks

>literally
kys

I'm starting to think people on this board are legitimately retarded

>a good hollywood movie is made
>better let them know that no one wants to see it so it makes no money

>best film of the year
but this movie was made in the same year as zootopia

>Kino of the year award
Until Sup Forums sees Manchester by the Sea. Arrival was good, but it's about to be blown the heck out.

Zootopia kinda falls apart when you realize the allegory is saying black people are predators

>In the first drafts of the script, the "gifts" to humanity were meant to be different pieces of technology given to each landing site, with the U.S. receiving plans for a spaceship capable of faster than light travel, China receiving a design that revolutionizes life support, Peru getting the key to manipulating gravity, Japan receiving a way of creating water from air, Britain receiving the formula to build a composite hull that is impervious to cosmic radiation, and Saudi Arabia getting celestial coordinates. However, this was all changed when Denis Villeneuve saw Interstellar (2014) and told the screenwriter to change the "gifts" to something else, in order to avoid similarities between the two films.

Would it have been better?

...that's awkard

the allegorical aspect doesn't really matter tbqh, i just enjoyed the characters and had some fun

Nah, it was legitimately good and had a good twist.

they are. i've frequented here for the past 5 years or so, but started probably 5 threads so far and posted perhaps 20 replies total. the read is entertainig, but the last couple months have been total crap. the board is much much faster now, had so many a good thread 404 before I even finish my reply. 150 threads seems like a lot, but so much crap is created on the fly, its crowding out anything that requires written out, thoughtful replies, which take time

is there data on mobile vs desktop posting dynamics in the past to years?
is there anyone on the Sup Forums team with vision for the board?

Probably not. No one would have worked together and would have tried to steal tech rather than cooperate

I already told you that this bait pasta doesn't work, needs more work and to be more subtle to hook more (You)'s

Work on it and report back in another arrival thread.

>Coffee Aliens

No, it would have been shit
The twist and themes of the film work much more coherently the way it is. I can't even conceive how the the gifts would seem relevant if it wasn't the language

>Really makes you think
It really doesn't. It's a good film, but you learn absolutely nothing from it. The message of treasure your life, no matter the bad moments, is incredibly simplistic and there's no philosophical substance.

I don't know why critics pretend it's a film that makes you think, rather than just saying it's a good film that's quite different to others of it's genre.

I think it's also about film in general and how the audience reacts to it, trying to understand the intention of the creators and coming up with their own interpretations. Just think of the way the glass the aliens are behind is framed