Bands where your favorite album isn't their best album

Best album vs personal favorites. In this case, its a toss up for zenyatta mondatta and ghost in the machine for personal favorite, but I recognize by and large, regatta de blanc is the superior record.

Other urls found in this thread:

theyoungamerican.co.uk
theyoungamerican.co.uk/sigma_sound_sessions.htm
twitter.com/AnonBabble

my favorite is tender prey by far
their best is definitely let love in

pixies

their best album is probably doolittle but bossanova is my favorite

I love surfer rosa, great balance of noise and pop sensibility when it comes to structure and melody.

So, bands where my opinion is that my opinion is wrong?

Opinions are like assholes mate, everyone's got them and they're full of shit. I recognize with the police on regatta that there is a shared output of material between the three, whereas by ghost, it was mostly sting calling the shots when it came to songs.

yep, doolittle is them at their peak, but trompe has always been a personal favourite of mine

Not that either record suffers either way, but compare demolition man to no time at all.

He means bands that you know have better albums but certain one has more of a personal connection to you.

Jethro Tull: my fave is A Passion Play, but I recognize Thick as a Brick is their best

This is a dumb thread. If you aren't secure enough in your opinion to argue that your favorite is a band's best by virtue of being your favorite, you're pathetic.

You really are a fucktard if you cannot separate personal opinion from an objective perspective

Keep pretending that some imaginary subjective-objective duality exists within critique of an artistic medium and that it isn't just rationalizations based on your emotional reaction to the material.

I'll say it again: if you don't consider your favorite to be a band's best, you're pathetic. "Most essential" is imaginary post-rationalization.

u are a very smart persin

(you)

One Hot Minute's my favorite out of their catalogue, but By the Way is John Frusciante's pet project and he's by far the best songwriter in the band.

theyoungamerican.co.uk
theyoungamerican.co.uk/sigma_sound_sessions.htm

No argument? That's what I thought.
No argument? That's what I thought.

(you)

"Good" is an intrinsically subjective concept which disqualifies "objectivity" altogether. "Objectively good" is an oxymoron. "Good" cannot exist without an observer to bestow the qualifier.
If one of you retards care to prove me wrong then I'm here for it.

(you)