How do we fix boxing?

How do we fix boxing?

It already is

How do you fix something with a terminal illness?

5 minute rounds.
fight doesn't end until someone get's knocked out.

It already is fixed, it's fixed all the time

No gloves.

They should also allow elbowing, head butts and kneeing. No kicks though because that's gay

underrated

Nice

Kek

The major promoters (assuming they aren't in on the fix, which I doubt) need to grow a pair of fucking balls and start telling state/International athletic commissions "look, if you give a single one of my fighters a bullshit decision without so much as even having an investigation after the fact I'm never giving you another dime of revenue. " This is why I have so much respect for Mayweather. He owns his own business, so if Nevada even dreamed of cucking him like this they would never host one his fights again. Also, this is why Lonzo is truly a big baller for setting up his own shoe company. Why get cucked trying to please Nike when you can be your own master?

Australian garbage.

HAHAH FUCK

Properly rated fpbp

>Also, this is why Lonzo is truly a big baller for setting up his own shoe company. Why get cucked trying to please Nike when you can be your own master?

Didn't know that. Based as fuck.

Punch stats can lick my balls, Horn was all over Pacquiao. Never heard of the guy before today and glad I didn't put money down, dude was walking Pac down and very active; age made a difference. Stayed away from the Hatton-KO check left hook, Pac was pawing trying to set it up and I can call it luck but after a while it really looked like the guy was taking the appropriate angles to stay away from it and smothering him and using his size otherwise. L

Great show I was rooting for Pac only because I'm more familiar with him, but quite frankly it's a wrap on his career.

Also fuck Lederman saying Pacquiao was up every virtually round but the first.

Ha

Is winning a single round based on effort / aggressiveness or punch landed?

It's meant to be subjective so that the judges can decide the outcome based on who they like more / who paid for their hotel expenses.

Depends, lately it seems like all you have to do is gain 20 pounds after the weigh in and come to the fight twice the size as your opponent then as long as you can land 6 good punches against your opponent you will "look stronger" and win. Cotto would've beat an evenly sized Canelo

You want to murder fighters every single time?
lel

lel.

middleweight and heavyweight are the only boxing classes you should watch, because its guaranteed knock outs.

>welterweights
>lightweights

may as well watch flies trying to fuck each other

This. First four rounds decidedly went to Horn.

Fighters would just lose for bleeding.

Most of the posters on the forums had Horn winning. Will definitely watch this one later.
Punch stats are bogus anyways. It's just some dude pressing buttons for what he perceives as landed punches.

Getting high on flip tears good times

>all over him
>landed no punches
Nope.

>all these new friends giving you (You)s for something that's been posted 1000 times
shame desu

>wins the match for being the more active fighter
>literally winning for a good effort even though pacquaio landed almost twice as many punches

Pacquiao is also part of the problem here. He doesn't care about glory. It's all about the money. Remember that he's a dirty politician.

This first post is definitely the best post.

nice

This, but I'm not surprised.

Pacman needs to just retire.

He got stuck by a bum, very depressing fight all around.

Is it fair to say that the media keeps pushing the "rigged" storyline because Pac is a spic and the other guy is white?

It's the opposite. He's the most honest politician because he can't lie about legislation.

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

damn

>post obvious bate setting up punchline
>obvious punchline comes through
>crowd goes wild

>*bait
Fucking whore

>ctrl+f
>f i g h t
>8 results
When people are calling this fighting and them fighers, you know its time for boxing to go to the magical make believe world of /asp/

Bring back 15 rounds

Punish judges for blatantly fixed (or inept) scoring. 117-111? Sure. Give them a lifetime ban. Also, why are they still using a three judge system? More judges would make fights harder to fix, and outlier scores could be removed. Nothing is going to change, though.

Big fights on free TV was a good start.

Pac got what he deserved for going on the enemy's territory when Horn would've probably accepted fighting in the Philippines if it was that or nothing.

>why are they still using a three judge system?
>More judges would make fights harder to fix
Answered your own question

Elbows.

Punch stats are just as subjective as the judge score cards. They are literally counted by humans.

Also punches landed isn't the way to determine who won a fight. If you flick a guy 500 times and he gets 50 quality punches on you then the later should win. Likewise if you get 2 good punches that make the other guy's face swell to shit but besides that do nothing then you should not win. Common sense goes that Manny had a combination of those (As they obviously aren't mutally exclusive) and Horn directed the fight well enough to gain the judges favor (who were 2/3 not Australian, I recall hearing somewhere that there were complaints about them being home boys)

Fights can only be decided by knock out

Every single boxing analyst said Manny got fucked in that fight. The 117-111 score was pure bullshit, and the judge clearly had no clue what he was watching.

The 117-111 was bullshit no question but the other two were clearly legit. It had no effect on the decision though

>If you flick a guy 500 times and he gets 50 quality punches on you then the later should win.
Manny landed 50 more power punches though, and nearly had a knockout. I don't really see any category that Jeff Horn led, except for moving forward more (which really didn't result in anything). He didn't land more shots, or bigger shots.

Really makes you think

Jeff turned half asian

thread should have ended here

>Every single boxing analyst said Manny got fucked in that fight.

>115-113 Manny wouldn't surprise me. 114-114 in my eyes
Daniel Cormier

>Because I been on the wrong side I have no patience when people call fights like this a robbery cause It takes away from real robbery fights
Paul Malignaggi

>I haven't even looked at the stats. I saw lots of close rounds. Need to rewatch.
Michael Woods

>I have watched it twice now and i think Horn won fair and square. And the uk tv pundits here all had Horn winning.
Scott Donnelly

>More telling to me is Freddie didn't blast it. He would have went apeshit if he thought Pac was robbed
caleb truax
>Very close fight. I had it a draw. Seems a stretch for all three cards, including 117-111 for Horn. But he pushed pace all night.
Brian Campbell

>Add Pacquiao-Horn to the 'close fight, not a robbery' file. Honestly feels like a fight has to be a KO1 to avoid more tired controversy.
Tom Craze

>allrighty then. 117-111 for Horn is um...wrong. 2 pt win for Horn is possible, but maybe a stretch--I could see a draw or close for Pac.
Al Bernstein

>Had to switch it off. Was very close, could have been scored to either. 117-111 obviously stupid. Defo not a robbery though.
Dan Waites

>Bob Arum: "Could it have been 7-5 for Manny? Yeah. But you can't argue with the result."
Ryan Songalia

>Just watched the Pacquiao / Horn fight. Pac hasn't looked special in a long time. I edged pac but I've seen way worse "robberies" in boxing
R.A. the Rugged Man

>It was close. Competitive. But manny edged it out for me. I had him up by one point.
marcos villegas

The fight was close and fair. Either result was possible and in no way is this a robbery. But yeah 117-111 guy should be retired.