So what does Sup Forums think of the die hard movies?

So what does Sup Forums think of the die hard movies?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=l-GqY-M5fE4
youtube.com/watch?v=d084xpfCW7Q
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

The first one is the greatest Christmas movie ever.

Die Hard 1 is a genuinely amazing action film.
Die Hard 2 is just okay.
The others aren't worth talking about.

>1

10/10

>2

9/10

>3

8/10

>4

6/10

>5

1/10

They're fun stupid good times that everyone should see at least once.

12 Monkeys and Total Recall are the true kino

1 - Kino
2 - Film
3 - Cinema
4 - Flick
5 - Trash

Die Hard is an action masterpiece

Die Hard 2 is good fun

Die Hard 3 is excellent

Die Hard 4 is mediocre

Die Hard 5 is garbage

1, 3, 2, 4 ,5

Any Die Hard after Die Hard 3 is NOT canon. I will never accept those pieces of shit as canon.

Ordered from best to worst conveniently.

T H I S
H
I
S

>1
10/10
>2
9/10
>3
8/10
>4
10/10
>5
Didn't even fucking bother to watch it.

>4
>10/10
This is bait.

It's actually not. It's fucking awesome.
Fine I'll 9/10 it because nothing can equal the first.

So after 3 did he finally remember that he's Unbreakable-Man from Unbreakable and stopped giving fucks?

Just watched 1 in theaters as a cult classic the other day. It was my girlfriends forst time seeing it. Going in she was like "so it's a hostage movie? those are a dime a dozen! but its one of your favorites so i trust you..."
She fucking loved it, and the suspense just feels so much more real in a theater.

>girlfriend
/r/movies, go back

>die hard
>cult classic

4 is good but its so hard to not laugh and be mad at all the technical cliches that are not even possible to achieve shown in the movie

>somehow a group of people in a fucking tractor trail can hijack every news channel in the world, set off alarms, change traffic lights just from typing a few keys on their computer

also gotta have a good kek at the fact that they could turn on the sprinklers remotely

It was a promotional thing at thater. They literally have an event called "cult classics" where they show older movies once a month, like a lot of theaters. I think it was just more the fact that it was an old, awesome movie that they chose it. They're also going to play E.T., WITH the unedited shotgun footage.

Both right desu

>E.T.
>cult classic

Hey, its not my theater. They started it a few years ago and actually did play cult classics, nowadays its just good movies from the eighties.

This is the correct way to view them. Here, the only three that matter:

>1
A classic action movie
>2
An inferior rehash of the first movie set in a different location. However, it is still a lot of fun.
>3
Larger on scale than the first two, and not set at Christmas, so some people say it's not true to the Die Hard feel. I think it is, and I rank it as just as good as the first one, though I'm probably in the minority with this opinion.

the first one is absolute action kino

>1
Masterpiece 10/10

>2
Shit 3/10

>3
Masterpiece with the original ending. Without it remains a ecellent action movie. 9/10

>4
a disaster 1/10

>5
no comment 0/10

Wait, there is an original ending?

Literally 2 seconds in google you dipshit

youtube.com/watch?v=l-GqY-M5fE4

i like 1 and 4

>Die Hard
>John McClane is trapped in Nakatomi Plaza

>Die Hard 2
>John McClane is trapped in an airport

>Die Hard 3
>John McClane is trapped in New York

>Die Hard 4
>John McClane is trapped in the East Coast

>Die Hard 5
>John McClane is trapped in Russia

>Die Hard 6
>John McClane is trapped in Eurasia

>Die Hard 7
>John McClane is trapped in the Northern Hemisphere

>Die Hard 8
>John McClane is trapped on Earth

>Die Hard 9
>John McClane is trapped in the Solar system

>Die Hard 10
>John McClane is trapped in the Milky Way galaxy

>Die Hard 11
>John McClane is trapped in the universe

>Die Hard 11
>John McClane is trapped on the physical plane of existence

>Die Hard 12
>John McClane is trapped in time

Correct answer

DH1 is action kino.

All the others range from silly to unwatchable.

how could the last two go so wrong? jesus christ

>Amazing
>Good
>Great
>Ok
>Shit

1 is amazing, 2 and 3 are really good too (3>2). 4 is okay. Everything after that is pretty shit. I wonder how many more they're going to make.

1 and 3 are the only ones worth talking about.

Yup.
But enjoyment ranking for me is:

1 > 3 > 2 >>> 4 (Unrated) >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 5 is dead last.

This game was awesome

youtube.com/watch?v=d084xpfCW7Q

There were two other games besides that one. One for the Gamecube (and maybe PS2/Xbox) and one for PC. Both were FPS.

Trapped in time. Thanks for that user.

I used to have Nakatomi Plaza for PC complete customized with soundclips from the films as replacers for everyone who didn't reprise their roles. I lost it.

This is the only correct post. SHUT IT DOWN!!!

Haven't seen any of them since I was a kid, watching them repeatedly with my dad on VHS every other weekend.

I shouldn't ask this, but where does one torrent slightly older movies these days? I feel like having a Die Hard marathon in memory of my father. But since I got back home from working overseas all my old bookmarks are dead.

rarbg.to and isohunt
I'd make my own very high quality, 1080p, OAR, 4GB higher, etc., of the Blu-rays but I can't be arsed. Especially since 20th Century FOX says they have 4K remasters of the first three DIE HARD movies.

I have a bluray collection of the first 4 movies but for downloading movies I typically use Rutracker. They have almost anything you would want to watch.

Condolence user

I've only seen the first one and it is absolute kino