ITT: the actually superior album

ITT: the actually superior album

I'll start

Fuuuuck nooooo

That's not In a Silent Way

really?

When I first heard this album I thought it was the best Miles Davis album I'd ever heard, but as time went by I think In a Silent Way and ESP are both better (and probably others i dont know)

>t. Plebs
You become a real man when you realize his best album is and always was Round Midnight ;) your welcome.

its great but miles trumpet is mixed so high makes it hard to hear anything else

On the Corner

but it isn't jazz

In a silent way is probably my favourite album of all time
It's just one of those things. I didn't put it on expecting to love it or anything and it didn't blow me away either I just really liked it and always want to keep listening to it.

That album would be so much better with the RTL or MOP production.

you know it's true

It's certainly very good, but Kind of Blue has that 'listen to any-place any-time' thing that makes it top for me

This sounds like a disney soundtrack and has nothing to do with spanish folk as it suggests but more like a dumb, tourist's impression of what it sounds despite having never heard of it.
Davis has recorded so many great works and yet you choose this shitty pseudo-spanish folk music impression.

on the corner obviously

>sounds like it was produced in a 50 gallon plastic barrel

n-no thanks. still a good album, but come on.

I seriously don't get the hate the production of this gets. It might be a bit unusual for mainstream metal, but compare it to records like Atomizer or Songs About Fucking and its suddenly very slick and easy to listen to. Its more trebly and dry than RTL for sure, but it still sounds sick, the drums sound sharp and focused and the guitars are aggressive as hell. the only shame is the almost entire lack of bass
Oh yeah man I wish I was as cool as you, can't recommend any studio albums cause thats too mainstream, I've gotta show how dedicated I am to my favourite band Nirvana and post a shittyb live album, nice

This is the absolute peak of McCartney's work imo, his freedom to create to his own guidelines is so good to hear

MTV Unplugged is their best album, this is probably a close second though. Their studio albums don't have shit on their live material for whatever reason. Kurt's voice sounds so intense on the Muddy Banks... album in a way it never did on the LPs.

If only the first and last tracks counted, I would be with you. Unfortunately, Sketches of Spain wasn't a 3 song EP.