Aside from ewoks, what was wrong with it?

Aside from ewoks, what was wrong with it?

nothing, including the ewoks

han should have died there and then

ewoks weren't that bad, worst part was Leia being Luke's sister because "hey, they liked the twist in Empire, let's give em another one"

>Everything about Jabba's palace but slave outfit
>Both Han's and Luke's stupid haircuts
>too light-hearted

>Jabba's palace
>bad

>Disliking Cantina Scene Part 2: Now with more chilling

Nothing wrong with Jedi at all, it's a fucking ledge

>posting reaction images
>autism

>Everything about Jabba's palace but slave outfit

We're not talking about the Special Edition.

Please tell the class why you think Jabba's palace was a bad scene.

nothing

Jabba's Palace

You memers can meme all you want about how cool the aliens looked to you when you were 10 years old, but that shit takes forever to move on from, drags on for too long, and is convoluted.

ROTJ literally does not get good until the attack on the shield bunker begins.

>ewoks weren't bad.
They weren't great either. Would have loved to have seen a Wookie army like what was intended.

>worst part was Leia being Luke's sister
*Ding Ding Ding*
/thread

Elderfag here, who saw the OT in theaters as a kid...so I feel somewhat qualified to throw my two cents in.

1) Jabba. The concept of Jabba loomed large in the previous two films. You knew he was some kind of badass whose wealth and resources were enough to haunt Han wherever he went in the galaxy. It gave a sense of dread to TESB knowing that Han could never have a moment's peace as long as this shadowy guy was hunting him.

Then we finally "meet" him in ROTJ (bear in mind, his inclusion in the '77 film didn't happen 'til the 1997 Special Edition), and he's...just this big slovenly slug in the middle of the desert. Most scenes with him in it are played for laughs, so he winds up feeling more cartoon-ish than someone to be feared. The whole illusion falls apart. And don't even get me started on his retroactive, post-1997 inclusion in ANH, which sets him up as this buffoon whose tail you could step on with impunity (and ruins the dread originally experienced while watching TESB because you had no idea at the time what Jabba was).

Way too optimistic and bright. I get that ep 2 in is the nadir and ep 3 is the conclusion, but you can still make it more interesting than >hero saves the day everyone rejoices hooray no bad consequences for anyone

this.

Literally nothing

Jabbas palace and the final act is goat star wars. TFA cant even come relatively close at all even though they tried to make a another death star story

I dont think theres anything more hype than Vader vs luke on the death star and flying inside the death star. the effect still look great.

they didnt show c3p0 handing out medals to the ewoks.

am I the only one who didn't get the "ewoks hate" meme?

>too much time with jaba
>too much time with ewoks
>not enough time for things of substance

It's just painful to watch stormtroopers being slaughtered by fucking teddy bears

Princess Leia and Han Solo serve no purpose at all in the last half.

empire got every kid so cynical that theyre too cool for ewoks

This plus nothing new or exciting really happened. Everything that was stated to happen in the end of Empire happened.
Luke said they were going to rescue Han, it happened. Also Luke's plan for Han's rescue was dumb af. Send the droids, then Leia, then go, but unarmed, then get the lightsaber at the last possible second from the droid. Why?
Vader said Luke was going to destroy the emperor, it happened. Sort of, it was Vader who killed him, but anyway, emperor dead. Good thing. Yay.
Also, the emperor was dumb af in the third act. Luke kept trying to slip to the dark side and then, like the cuck he was, the emperor taunted him and Luke was like "damn, I almost did a bad/emotional thing, better watch out". And the rest of the time the emperor was simply narrating what was going on outside.
Also, I don't buy everyone's excitement about Vader's supposed redemption. The emperor had just told Luke to "kill your father and take his place at my side". Vader's "redemption" can just as easily be seen as personal interest.
Also, Yoda did nothing in the movie. Or any other movie really, Yoda meant something only in Empire, his debut movie.
Also Han did literally nothing in the movie, except get the girl.
Also the space battle didn't really serve a purpose. At Hope, it was clutch and climactic af. Like, kill or be killed. At Jedi, it was more like "wellif there's going to be a conclusion we better have all the good disposables vs all the bad disposables"
Honestly, the only part I really liked was from "...then perhaps she will" till "goooood, goooood *clap clap clap* now kill your father and take his place at my side"

4/10, more fan service and less plot than the prequels.

Kino
Great
4>7
Ok
Bad
6>3
Shit

Wookies wouldnt have been a battle it would have been a massacre. At least they had traps and the ewoks got murked too they just didnt show as many die as did die

I have no problem with the ewoks. And their village is comfy. The portion guy looks way worse than ewoks

>7 great
>7 that high
>unironically using kino

discarded opinion

>tfa
>great
>better than rotj

>rotj
>fan service bad lack of plot bad
>tfa fan service good plot good
Glad I skimmed and noticed that before I started reading.

And if any are kino its unironically a new hope

>nothing new or exciting really happened
>the final duel between Luke and Vader
>Luke being heavily seduced by the dark side
>the way Luke looks at his robotic hand after he cuts Vader's

>unironically using kino
I am a crossposter from /fit/ who started lurking recently to see if there is any "Dormammu, I've come to bargain" or any Rogue one hype train I can jump on. Needless to say I'm disappointed in your board culture. Sorry if my memery triggered you.

Great elaboration on why Jedi is good and tfa is bad.
>fan service bad lack of plot bad
>tfa fan service good plot good
I literally didn't say that.
You clearly didn't read my post either.

First half feels like filler just so we can have le wacky aliens in it because everyone loved cantina scene in ANH

its better than anh, and by extention tfa because its a shitty anh

It has both the highest and lowest points of the original movies

>hating on ewoks

>its better than anh

Nowhere near ANH's level

Jedi is actually directed well in parts and tfa is a ripoff with a main character who not even counting her acting is a million times worse than rotj luke.

it is a star wars movie in every sense. when tfs is a movie bout star war

Luke's plan in jabba's palace is insane and feels like they just wanted to do a lot of cool scenes and then think of a reason why they all happen
Ewoks are retarded. Fuck you, mentioning something does not absolve it.
The last parts have the same problem as Two Towers: the focus jumps all over the place with 3 main scenarios. You have Luke's confrontation with Sheev interrupted by the forest bullshit, it's annoying,

Show me a shot in tfa that means anything as much as this. Christ the reason the soundtrack for tfa sucks is the story sucks and its directed badly besides the opening.

Jabba was great,you cuck

The first 5 minutes of TFA I thought it was going to be great - it did really well

it then got worse and worse, the worst part with that small alien with the big glasses saying all this "ye are the chosen one and im clearly a woman in a cgi mask"

Jabba's palace sequences sucked, but the music was pretty good, pre-Special Edition.

>it is a star wars movie in every sense
Not really, no.
>Hope
Literally everything we see is new, and therefore a risk from the director's pov. The aliens, the lightsaber, the mythos.
>Empire
Yoda was risky af and boy did it pay off. Empire Yoda should be taught in schools or something. Also the confrontation at the third act
>Jedi
Nothing really new happened, as in >tfa
We do get straight up, look-me-in-the-eyes-as-I-stab-you homicide. Between father and son. Also, you may say fan service, but I really think it was toned down. We just saw Leia, 3po and r2 for seconds. Luke was only there to take the plot from start to finish (the movie starts with Luke is gone and ends with Luke is found).

Even as a kid, I never really understood why killing the Emperor would magically make Luke evil. Couldn't Lucas think of a better reason why Vader had to do it?

absolutely this

anh is just good
empire is the most consistently great
ROTJ has both the best and weakest parts of the ot in one film

Yea

Which is why its better than TFA. ROTJ has goat iconic star wars moments. Actual starkino. TFA has nothing

it doesnt they were all bullshiting.

Luke realized he was becoming his father. He sliced off his Dad's hand and realized, "oh shit we BOTH have robo-hands!"

Being a Jedi doesn't stop you from killing people. But it means refusing to kill out of vengeance or rage.

Nothing really. The Ewoks weren't even that bad.

Luke and Leah being brother and sister was really, really bad. Mainly for that kiss in Empire.

Ewoks were fine really, yeah a planet of Wookies would have been better, but so what?

Han not dying is kinda redundant now because of Force Awakens.

if luke killed the emperor in the throne right then and there, there would be no point. he wouldnt be ding it to protect anyone, but simply out of rage, which isnt the right thing to do

Because Sheev didn't want to resist, and killing someone who doesn't even put up a fight is clearly not something a Jedi would do

because he would be killing someone in the heat of passion. Luke's friends looked like they were going to die so he wouldn't be killing the emperor to protect anybody, but out of revenge. The difference is that Jedi kill out of necessity, to protect others

basically the emperor's plan was:
>Luke kills the emperor to avenge his friend's deaths
>Vader takes his place as the head of the empire
>Luke has nowhere left to go, the rebels lost, his friends are dead, and he just committed a darkside act
>Luke says Fuck it and become's Vader's apprentice
>The Rule of Two maintains

when Luke beats Vader, his plan becomes
>Luke kills his own father out of revenge
>He submits to the emperor, knowing he was right all along

Crossing the line? I don't know, Luke had killed loads of guys by then

I thought it was good until "who talks first? Do I talk first?" I was pretty much checked out for the rest of the movie

Luke should not have been Leia's sister

Luke shouldn't have been Vader's child for that matter

Han, did I ever tell you about my plan to rescue you from Jabba the Hutt? I sent the rich politician and well known smuggler Lando Calrissian in to go undercover as a mob boss grunt for like a week. He could have also been easily recognized by someone in Jabba's posse (Boba Fett for instance) and killed. We also sent in our strongest warrior as a prisoner, even though he might just be instantly destroyed. I also sent in our droids as a cheap gift, totally unequal to your life. I also put my only weapon inside on of the droids, on the off-chance you might be on a barge in the middle of the desert and the droid might be in a position to shoot my lightsaber to me. If Jabba accepted my offer, then I would have lost my lightsaber forever. I also sent my sister in disguised as a bounty hunter, to pretty much openly threaten Jabba with a grenade for some reason. Good thing I planned for Jabba to take out his sail barge and put Leia into a metal bikini with a thick chain so she could strangle him to death. Finally, I went in myself completely unarmed, to attempt to use a cheap trick on Jabba. It didn't work and I was almost killed by a Rancor. We were all captured, but we were all shipped out into the middle of the desert, where everyone was perfectly placed to help me rescue you. Luckily, no-one was killed or even harmed before we got to the desert, or the whole thing wouldn't have worked. You are a good friend.

>Rey: "we will meet each other again. I believe that"
>she kisses Fin on the forehead

walked out of the theater right there. I came to see star wars not some blacked.com video. I never even bothered to watch the rest of the movie with the Luke scene or whatever. Star wars is dead

most of those were white guys though they dont count dumbass.

But that nigga got friendzoned

Eh, what's worse is we will see gay romances in the next episodes.

Not giving it any of my money that's for sure.

whenever a girl says "oh he's just a friend", they're almost certainly fucking. ESPECIALLY if he's black

t. whiteboi dicklet

Ok, then keep fantasizing about that small black bull banging Rey in the storage room of the Falcon

>ANOTHER death star
>Ewoks
>Littleeffort in, and little consequence to the battle
>Some bad lines and acting here and there.

Nothing's wrong with it. It's just that the opinions of people as a whole are easily manipulated. It's fashionable to think Return of the Jedi is shit, when in actuality it's not even that bad of a film compared to the other two in the original trilogy.

You see the same thing happen with the prequel trilogy. Popular opinion has forced people to delude themselves into thinking Revenge of the Sith is a good movie, when it's just as terrible as the other two, if not more so.

Boba Fett's pathetic death.

Boba Fett?

Luke and Leia fucked right

>too light-hearted

It marks areturn of the "good" guys and how the balance is swinging to the other side again. The tone is pretty fitting for this.

This

that was already like the very end of the movie

Boba Fett?

Yes. The '93 laserdisc release commentary on RotJ confirmed that Luke creampied Leia.

>hating on ewoks

you fucking fag

It's complete shit. From the smugness of the protagonists to the made for tv cinematography.

There was an air about it that there was never any real danger. Just kind of camera wink sort of shit.

You can tell everyone was so full of themselves by this point and there was no one to tell Lucas he was an idiot.