Martha

>Martha...
Why are DC movies blessed with this sort of writing?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Gw_o7XUX3fg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Watched this in theater.. hated it.

I finally gave it another go today on HBO... it made sense now. The dialogue isn't great, but for capeshit it's actually not bad. Have to say I'm a believer now.... not kino, but good cinema

Welcome, fellow patrician.

I think the problem wasn't the writing, but Cavill's line delivery. One of my favorite scenes from the movie, though, Cavill just didn't sell as well as Affleck did.

I watched the Bats v Supes fight scene and the warehouse scene on YouTube and I feel like I haven't missed anything. Am I right?

Know something crazy? I'm starting to wonder if he actually said it, or if that's just what Bruce is hearing. Look at the expression on Clark's face after Bruce has his initial come-apart. That looks like a mixture of confusion and fear to me. Sure, that works based off nothing more than him not knowing that's Bruce's mom's name, too, but it also works if it's, "How the hell do you know my mother's name?"

The only two people that heard it were him and Bruce. Lois runs up in the midst of Bruce's tirade, so she hears it from him.

yes. you missed BOYS, piss jug, mountain dad, dream kino, other dream kino with weird monsters, bathtub scene, etc.

i... agree... it's a... pretty good movie...

Rescue montage is pure gold provided you understand the context of it.

>I watched the Bats v Supes fight scene and the warehouse scene on YouTube

You're stupid
At least watch a stream of the entire movie before ruining yourself of the experience.

It's like the morons who would rather watch Screenjunkies/cinemasins and then they post how they hated the movie or didn't get it.

you missed this excellent piece of music

youtube.com/watch?v=Gw_o7XUX3fg

I think you need to watch all of the shots.

What you'all realize is that the individual scenes are high quality... but as a whole, the editing is clunky. Feels more like a dream sequence than a film... sonthe pacing kind of suffers... there's a lot of elements in thi film that if edits and paced right would have completely changed the perspective of the whole movie.

I thought this way, but after watching all of the Avengers/Cap movies, Evans makes Jimmy look transcendent... in the end, this is capeshit...

Because WB/DC doesn't care about Source material or quality.
They care about rushing out garbage that they try to mask in Instagram filters and generic religious symbolism to mae it seem like it's more than the trash it is.
And the only reason a hack like Snyder even still hasnt been fired is because his wife is a higher up at Warner Bros.

You're a moron.

I'd explain why, but if I started now, I'd still be explaining carefully and patiently all the ways you're an idiot this time tomorrow.

The source material's there. It's just there with the roles reversed.

Basically. It was the best scene in the movie.

The superhero fight was anticlimactic and contrived and the desert scene was neat looking but the fight choreography was pretty terrible.

Spare me you meme essay paragraph bullshit.
Snyder isn't very smart. You can clearly tell reading his interviews or listening to him talk. He is a meat head. He uses the most basic and generic rookie symbolism in his movies for faux deepness.
The DCU movies have been an embarrasment to DC comics. And you fucking retards should be complaining about WB butchering the source material instead of crying about Marvel.

I can clearly tell you're not very smart. That's for sure.

Here's your obligatory "meme paragraph."

The man's far smarter than you're ever going to be if you continue parroting other people's opinions instead of looking into things objectively and thinking for yourself,

Batman is never actually confronting Superman with the possibility that Superman will become a threat or that he’s too powerful to be trusted. Batman’s isn’t monologuing to Superman about the 1% doctrine. Instead, Batman is talking about his parents and about how he’s struggled to make sense of the world. Batman’s primary issue is his psychological feeling of powerlessness and his inability to handle his failures as both Bruce and Batman.

that (pic related) dream showed Bruce still having nightmares about his parents’ death, and now here he is trying to do the only thing that he thinks will matter, trying to redeem himself and his parents through vengeance, which of course is a path toward doom. We could also say that in both scenes, Bruce is mourning his parents’ death, sees picture of Archangel Michael with spear(!!). And maybe the man-bat breaking out of the bloody tomb was the warning that if Batman spills blood with the spear (that is, he kills Superman), that he will actually be unleashing a demon (that is, himself, for having gone completely over the edge and becoming a murderer).

Chris Terrio himself, in an interview with the Wall Street Journal, said that he was digging in to revenge tragedy structure for his work on BvS and Pulpklatura traced out the full revenge tragedy arc for Batman in this movie. A typical revenge tragedy takes the character all the way to the moment where they are going to carry out the vengeance, and of course if they do they are actually harming themself, not just the person they’re targeting. It’s really their own soul that is on the line. And in the revenge tragedy structure, that all leads up to the moment called Anagnorisis — the recognition or moment of clarity when the main character gains the understanding that was missing (because of his fatal flaw).

First one to mention Marvel loses.

You just lost, son.

Batman is forcing the world to make sense, and so at some level Batman himself is acknowledging that he has a skewed perspective and that he imposes his interpretations on reality rather than taking reality as it is, perhaps because reality is too painful or maybe he just thinks it’s non-sensical in general.

"In the dream they took me to the light. A beautiful LIE".

i liked this movie, and i liked civil war, i also liked apocalypse

although

cw > bvs > xmen

Why is Superman ok with passively exterminating his entire race, but snapping Zod's neck to protect some random human family is a no-no?

>Because WB/DC doesn't care about Source material
If anything it's because they obsess over the source material that the movies fall so flat. Because normal people do not give a single shit about the source material. They don't go to watch the movie because "Oh this is an adaptation of so-and-so's run in the XYZ volume!" General audiences don't read comics, they don't give a shit how faithful it is to that nerd crap. Pandering to the comicbook audience is a surefire way to piss off general audiences who want a movie they can engage with.

So is superman and batman being brothers new canon?

Why doesn't batman have the same powers?

Is it because they have different dads?

The movie didn't explain it very well.

>protect some random human family

you mean 7 billion people?

How do you feel about abortion?

He needs to destroy the Genesis Chamber in order to save 7 billion people?

I can kind of see where you're going with this. Are you suggesting Supes didn't want Kryptonians to endure the same growing pains as he did? That's more in line with Zod's thinking.

>I can kind of see where you're going with this. Are you suggesting Supes didn't want Kryptonians to endure the same growing pains as he did? That's more in line with Zod's thinking.

No, I'm saying that if you think it's the parents' choice to bring a child into the world, it's even more someone's choice if they decide to never get "pregnant" in the first place. Viable embryos(not to mention the 7 billion "current residents") trump "potential Kryptonians'" right to life in the first place. Big difference between killing a man in front of you and deciding not to let hypothetical people ever exist in the first place.

How many kids are you not having right now?

Supes = pro-choice
Zod = pro-life

Never thought of it that way.

Even more than that, Clark wasn't a real big fan of what Kryptonian culture had to show him - bunch of jackholes willing to wipe out people just to resurrect their own, Sure, that was just Zod's faction, but would you be all that interested in seeing more of a culture that produced someone like them?

Well, other than Faora, at least?

Where is Affleck looking at?

Bat-kino.

He literally says it in the film too
>"Krypton had its chance"

Krypton had a civilization and squandered their resources and technology despite how vast it was. Kryptonians are a destructive race that had their shot in history and Kal realised this. Similarly to how in Jurassic Park, Malcom mentions that "dinosaurs had their chance and nature selected them for extinction".

Also notable that Kryptonians most likely existed for millions of years whilst humanity is barely 10 thousand years old.

I'm starting to think that something actually made them huddle back on Krypton, like maybe they ran afoul of Darkseid themselves at some point. I get a heavy hint of "revisionist history" from Jor-El's recounting of Kryptonian history.

>Jor: This scout ship was one of thousands launched into the void. We built outposts on other planets, using great machines to reshape environments to our needs. For 100 thousand years our civilization flourished, accomplishing wonders.

>Clark: What happened?

>Jor-El: Artificial population control was established. The outposts and space exploration were abandoned. We exhausted our natural resources. As a result, our planet's core became unstable.

Sounds like there's a missing detail there, possibly one that Jor didn't even know himself.

Krypton had a terrible culture and Jor-El's ghost thing pretty much told Superman that the planet he came from was fucking shit and deserved to die.

Yup. Pretty much. He gave Kal his freedom and left it up to him how Krypton's legacy takes shape.

More likely they just didn't care enough to explain it.

The funny thing about Jor-El is that he was pretty much prepared to let the kryptonians die, but after he had his baby he had a change of heart and decided to try one last time in pleading the council to devise some scape.

Or Jor-El was a dick that hated his people.

I'll bet the reason natural births stopped is because the gene pool was too thin after centuries of homogeneity and natural births would all have space downs.

So the reason snyder's superman is such a retard is because he has space downs.

>It's a "disrespectful piece of shit kid who calls his mother by her first name" episode

martha is kryptonian for mom u mong

Well at least his comes from space. All you got to show is boring old Earth downs.