ITT: 10/10 debut albums

ITT: 10/10 debut albums

Death From Above 1979 - You're a Woman, I'm a Machine (2004)

wonder what Syd would think about every so often when the smoke cleared for a few moments

Kek

this and this
/thread

Drone Logic

Scott 4

kicking roger's ass, probably

op said 10/10 not 11/10

so tru

Closer, better or inferior?

depends on my mood but now i'm gonna say better

hahahah same.

do you enjoy the works of New Order or nah

i do yeah. i think it's the melancholy of their music that appealing to me for both bands
it's incredible how influential joy division and new order managed to be in quite separate ways

imo New Order's different in the way that half the stuff they sing about is absolute shit, it doesn't have to have a meaning if you don't want.

but it definitely reflects Joy Division and Ian Curtis, e.g. Bizzare Love Triangle could depict Curtis' affair and relationship with his wife.

how cute you two should have sex

ty ty

yeah that's true, they'd all be the first to admit none of them are nearly as good at writing songs as ian
apparently they found it really difficult initially to write songs after ian died because of how important he'd become to the band. peter hook compared said he was kind of like a conductor for them during rehearsals and jamming sessions. and not only that he seemed really important for the band's actual style and persona

yeah i read that Curtis didn't write the music, he 'spotted it'. he sat on the sidelines and knew what worked.

yes

Hell yes
If you added Half the World Away and Whatever it would be 11/10

Piper is an 8

Sometimes I wonder what kind of songs they would have to put on Be Here Now to make it acclaimed by the critics.

COME ON, GET IT NOW

Honestly most of the songs aren't that bad (DYKWIM and The Girl in the Dirty Shirt are actually pretty good, especially the 2017 edit of DYKWIM), just remove the 15 million overdubs and shorten them. Maybe add Stay Young, and definitely cut All Around the World and Stand by Me.

AND THE SUNLIGHT SHINING THROUGH THE CRACK IN THE WINDOW PANE

Also, the GMEX version of Fade-In Out is a masterpiece.

Oasis sucks.

That's your opinion. I'm cool with that, d'you know what I mean?

Wish Noel re edited the entire album like DYKWIM.
>more reasonable length
>audible bass
>less overdubs
I reckon he could easily cut around 25 minutes off and make it a single LP, if he did that it'd easily be the third-best oasis album.

No. Fuck you.

I'm shocked, you're such a grown-up dude.

Frances the Mute is their 11/10 though

Lol this is in no way a 10

these kids are geeks but they have a vision

YUP

Fucking SMASHER 12/10 and in 1966 at that.

Not their debut

definitely yes

probably the only Sabbath album I keep coming back to and relisten

Fucking SMASHER 12/10 and in 1966 at that.

Great 10/10 who cares what says.

SOMEDAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY

Pleb.

It's actually gotten better with age. At the time I felt like it sounded like every other Indie band around at the time and swerved it when it was all the hype but as the years have gone on I've grown to appreciate it more. It's certainly miles better than that shit that was their last album.

Sup Forums is clogged with threads about Oasis and The Smiths on a daily basis but gives no love to the GOAT Manchester band. Sad!

tricky question
not a single album in existence deserves 10/10, debut or not

t. le intellectual

His only good album

13th lins

Yea

all these

Kansas' debut and Blue Öyster Cult's debut were the shit

>2 good song
>10/10

>plebs and pseuds will deny this

True.

go away, pop

RE QUI EM

This was garbage compared to Astral Week and Moondance

These

SHE WAS 16 AND YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN

i've always wondered if that is a girl bending over or a knee

Do you not know what nardwuar is

Contrarian twat waffle.......
> has the hits
> must suck
> must be more obscure to be any good
foff

i know of him, why is that relevant?

He's got an interview with JC and Nick Valensi talking about this. It's a gals bum n that art wasn't allowed for the cover art releases outside of Europe

oh, i never saw that one. Gonna check it out

I'VE GOT A BIKE YOU CAN RIDE IT IF YOU LIKE IT'S GOT A BASKET A BELL THAT RINGS AND THINGS TO MAKE IT LOOK GOOD

that's kind of cheating

yes

no

not their debut, they had an album or two before saturation, which is an 8.9, not a 10 btw.

Not 10/10 but very good nonetheless